Can you make the 905 wireless with a gaming router? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-28-2007, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I cant wait for the 905 to come out...I just wish the thing was wireless..I really dont want to run 50 feet of RJ-45 cable from my router to the back of the 905...would using a gaming router work? Or is there another way to make this thing wireless?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-29-2007, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

anyone? I guess wireless isnt a big deal for most...
post #3 of 5 Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuttgartHDfan View Post

So I cant wait for the 905 to come out...I just wish the thing was wireless..I really dont want to run 50 feet of RJ-45 cable from my router to the back of the 905...would using a gaming router work? Or is there another way to make this thing wireless?

Well, nobody has a 905 yet so we can't say for sure, but I see no reason why a wireless gaming router or ethernet bridge wouldn't work.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 AM

A gaming router is a Wireless ethernet bridge, meaning it will work exactly as your intended use. The device connects to your network wirelessly and provides an ethernet port to "bridge" the connection between your ethernet devices and your router. You can even add a network switch in front of the Wireless ethernet bridge and connect multiple ethernet network devices. Because it is wireless, your ethernet connection will only be as fast as your wireless network.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

thats what I thought...I have my pc and wireless router in one side of the living the room and my dvd player and soon to be 905 in the other corner...really dont want to run 50 feet of RJ-45 all over the place...so now I just have to find a descent wireless bridge/gaming router..I intend to make much use of the internet function on the 905..as I live in Germany...I depend heavily on streaming internet radio(mostly from Kroq.com and xm online) I do wonder though, since the 905 is doing the sound processing and the pc is not..will the sound be improved compared to that of a descent sound card on a media pc? I read the 905 manuall over the weekend...it seems as though the 905 is what I have been waiting for...last question, how would you stream video from content on your pc(concert webcast) to the 905?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page