The "Official" Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V3800 Thread - Page 296 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #8851 of 8853 Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
what listening mode do people use the most when watching movies? I normally just leave it in dts master or truehd. Anyone use any of the movie surround modes?

I don't use the movie DSP modes, but I leave extended surround set to PLIIx, so that 5.1 movies get expanded to 7.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8853 Old Today, 03:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I also don't use any of the DSP's for movies or music. They all sound rather gimmicky to me. If bored it can be fun to scroll through them to hear the differences, but beyond that I just leave them alone. I just let the native Dolby and DTS do their job...... and they do it well!

I always find it odd that people want to mess with a professional audio engineers work. They are experts in audio, mixing & mastering on very expensive equipment, professionally tweaked and edited for just the right sound and timing, auditioned by the director of the movie...... and then someone with a basic HTIB system is going to second guess all that and choose some DSP that introduces a different "affect" into the audio.
post #8853 of 8853 Old Today, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 309
^ To be fair, some of the DSP modes are supposed to reproduce music as you would actually hear it live in specific venues (based on real measurements of the reverb etc.). But I still don't use them .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V1800 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V3800bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page