Forum Jump: 

post #4831 of 4953 Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmpharmacist View Post

Hkan you have a paypal donation to your site as a thank you for the firmware update!

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Has "everything" for your Pioneer!
!!We need your support!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4832 of 4953 Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Rhetor

I found this from another post:

Resetting the system
Use this procedure to reset all the receiver's settings to
the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this.
1 Switch the receiver into standby.
2 While holding down theS E TU P button on the front
panel, pressSTANDBY/ON.
The display shows RESET NO.
3 Press theENTER button on the front panel.
4 Select RESET using left /right arrows, then press theEN TE R
button on the front panel.
The display shows RESET? OK.
5 PressEN TE R to confirm.
OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver
has been reset to the factory default settings.
Note that all settings will be saved, even if the
receiver is unplugged

Thanks so mucho...got it done and works great...now, I need to get that firmware update!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #4833 of 4953 Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

I love my TXH94 . . . Bought it 3 1/2 years ago . . . Got the bomb issue and some freeze up at times. When the bomb happens, the receiver turns off completely. Just had to do a factory reset to get it working again.

I have never had anyq updates of any kindd...are there any updates besides Hkan self update?

What is a "full update" and how do I get that? I want to do a full update, the Hkan's firmware if needed afterward.

So, who do I contact and what do I say? What is this letter thing?

I feel this AVR has a lot of life left, but not without a full update.

I did buy a new receiver for the living room....one I can update myself over the Internet, but I want to keep the TXH in service in my other room with the Pio 5070HD plasma.....but, my wife is tired of the problems on the 94TXH and is giving me one chance to fix it before making me get rid of it. So, a full update must be to save it....but I am sure I am out of warranty.

I need a coach to help me save and update my 94TXH....gonna move it and the 5070HD to my shop and put 7.1 speaker system on it again. Help!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #4834 of 4953 Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

I love my TXH94 . . . Bought it 3 1/2 years ago . . . Got the bomb issue and some freeze up at times. When the bomb happens, the receiver turns off completely. Just had to do a factory reset to get it working again.

I have never had anyq updates of any kindd...are there any updates besides Hkan self update?

What is a "full update" and how do I get that? I want to do a full update, the Hkan's firmware if needed afterward.

So, who do I contact and what do I say? What is this letter thing?

I feel this AVR has a lot of life left, but not without a full update.

I did buy a new receiver for the living room....one I can update myself over the Internet, but I want to keep the TXH in service in my other room with the Pio 5070HD plasma.....but, my wife is tired of the problems on the 94TXH and is giving me one chance to fix it before making me get rid of it. So, a full update must be to save it....but I am sure I am out of warranty.

I need a coach to help me save and update my 94TXH....gonna move it and the 5070HD to my shop and put 7.1 speaker system on it again. Help!

Call pioneer and they'll pay for you to have a firmware update at a service center. Hopefully they'll update everything properly but if they don't then you can use Hkan's files.
post #4835 of 4953 Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM

Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone here in the Boston area who is very familiar with the vsx-94txh and who would be will to come to my home to help me? I have a couple of bugs, need firmware and frankly a lesson or two on what this amp is really capable of.
I would pay some compensation for time spent.
thanks.
post #4836 of 4953 Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebee View Post

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone here in the Boston area who is very familiar with the vsx-94txh and who would be will to come to my home to help me? I have a couple of bugs, need firmware and frankly a lesson or two on what this amp is really capable of.
I would pay some compensation for time spent.
thanks.

I'm sure everyone would pitch in and answer your questions here in the thread
post #4837 of 4953 Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM

My VSX-92 hasn't had any firmware updates since I purchased it 4 years ago. Can I just update the DSP portion and be done, or do I need to update everything? And if everything, is there a particular order that items should be updated in?

Also, does the receiver need to be completely reset when done? Looks like the instructions just reference unplugging the unit after the RS-232 upgrade portion, but nothing after the DSP portion over CD-R.

Thanks!
post #4838 of 4953 Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piketech View Post

My VSX-92 hasn't had any firmware updates since I purchased it 4 years ago. Can I just update the DSP portion and be done, or do I need to update everything? And if everything, is there a particular order that items should be updated in?

Also, does the receiver need to be completely reset when done? Looks like the instructions just reference unplugging the unit after the RS-232 upgrade portion, but nothing after the DSP portion over CD-R.

Thanks!

I had a service center update mine, they just screwed up and didn't update the DSP flash which happened to be the only update that I needed. It's up to you to decide. Since Pioneer will pay for the firmware update it's certainly safer to have it done via them. So I'd probably look into that route because your receiver will need everything updated. For those of us who have had an update and they either skipped the DSP, they installed an outdated DSP or the DSP has been updated since our firmware update then doing it ourselves via CD-R was a no-brainer.

Only you can decide. If you truly only need the DSP update then I'm confident you can do it yourself with minimal hassle. I did indeed end up having to completely reset my receiver. The CD-R update only worked after I had reset my receiver.
post #4839 of 4953 Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:

I had a service center update mine, they just screwed up and didn't update the DSP flash which happened to be the only update that I needed. It's up to you to decide. Since Pioneer will pay for the firmware update it's certainly safer to have it done via them. So I'd probably look into that route because your receiver will need everything updated. For those of us who have had an update and they either skipped the DSP, they installed an outdated DSP or the DSP has been updated since our firmware update then doing it ourselves via CD-R was a no-brainer.

Only you can decide. If you truly only need the DSP update then I'm confident you can do it yourself with minimal hassle. I did indeed end up having to completely reset my receiver. The CD-R update only worked after I had reset my receiver.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I feel fairly comfortable trying the updates myself. I do have a service center that is drivable, just the usual hassle of getting everything unhooked and jumping through the hoops to get it taken care of. Might still end up doing that, but weighing all options at the moment. The more feedback I can get from folks who have done it themselves, the better.
post #4840 of 4953 Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I feel fairly comfortable trying the updates myself. I do have a service center that is drivable, just the usual hassle of getting everything unhooked and jumping through the hoops to get it taken care of. Might still end up doing that, but weighing all options at the moment. The more feedback I can get from folks who have done it themselves, the better.

I only updated the DSP flash. I'm not sure if anyone in this thread has updated anything but the DSP flash. Maybe PM Legairre and Mark Booth.
post #4841 of 4953 Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM

Hey everyone,
I had a service center update my vsx92-txh and the first DSP flash went from F2.004 (original release) to F1.008. I cannot find anyone else who seems to have this DSP firmware version. All of the other firmware for the mainboard, event, HDMI, display, etc. seem to be at the latest version.

I was experiencing the popping audio problem using 7.1 TrueHD and it no longer seems to be happening, at least on one of the movies I was previously having the issue with.

Does anyone know which firmware was flashed to my first DSP? I'm considering contacting hkan for his update method and attempting to update to 2.013, but if it isn't giving me problems then i'm not sure I should bother. Suggestions?

Thanks!
post #4842 of 4953 Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneimj View Post

Hey everyone,
I had a service center update my vsx92-txh and the first DSP flash went from F2.004 (original release) to F1.008. I cannot find anyone else who seems to have this DSP firmware version. All of the other firmware for the mainboard, event, HDMI, display, etc. seem to be at the latest version.

I was experiencing the popping audio problem using 7.1 TrueHD and it no longer seems to be happening, at least on one of the movies I was previously having the issue with.

Does anyone know which firmware was flashed to my first DSP? I'm considering contacting hkan for his update method and attempting to update to 2.013, but if it isn't giving me problems then i'm not sure I should bother. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Up to you if you aren't having any problems. But if you don't update then you will definitely eventually buy or rent a disc that causes the popping again. For instance, if you need the 2.013 if you want to watch Transformers Dark of the Moom in bitstream mode.
post #4843 of 4953 Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Up to you if you aren't having any problems. But if you don't update then you will definitely eventually buy or rent a disc that causes the popping again. For instance, if you need the 2.013 if you want to watch Transformers Dark of the Moom in bitstream mode.

...also to get back surround channels on the Star Wars boxset (via bitstream).

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #4844 of 4953 Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

Hey all I got a Headphone question. My Wireless Sony Headphones uses an RCA component cable to input audio signal to. I know I can get an adapter that would allow me to convert the Red/White inputs to a Single input and then plug this into the "Headphone" jack located in the Front Panel. But I was wondering is there a "RCA OUT" somewhere on my 94 that I could just directly plug in the Cables without having to fool with Adapter and having to Open and having to leave Open the Front Panel.

Thanks
post #4845 of 4953 Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Alright, got my letter from Pioneer to get the firmware updates, etc., on the 2008 VSX-94TXH . . . and of the service place I am to take it to here in Atlanta . . . Norman Electronics.

Seems like some persons are not getting the correct updates when they get service.

So, would someone list for me the latest firmware and or other updates I should ask for and and must have to be 100% updated on this 94TXH to verify before I leave with it from normlan Electronics after the service, please?

Sometimes, on cable viewing or movie viewing the unit just turns itself off. Sometimes the unit freezes when on and I can no longer either manually by pushing buttons on the unit or the remote and make changes (like on/off or Change the volume, or anything else.

I bought thus unit in early 2008 and have never had any firmware or other upgrade.

I just want to make sure I do every latest update possible so that I can verify it before leaving the shop so that I don't have to take it back.

I would appreciate the list of latest version numbers.

Thanks

post #4846 of 4953 Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:

I would appreciate the list of latest version numbers.

I just did the update myself (on my VSX-92) and I now have the following:

Main: M1.006
Event: E1.002
Display : DISP1.000
DSP: D1.005
HDMI: H1.010
DSP1: F2.013
DSP2: S1.000
post #4847 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just did the update myself (on my VSX-92) and I now have the following:

Main: M1.006
Event: E1.002
Display : DISP1.000
DSP: D1.005
HDMI: H1.010
DSP1: F2.013
DSP2: S1.000

You did it yourself? Do you mean you took it to a service center, or there is a DIY solution?

I was watching cable news on it last night, and it justmturnedmoff again. Then I had to get up, press the power button and it started working again....strange.

post #4848 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Do any of these firmware updates allow the 94 Elite to now Pass Though 3D video Feeds?

Thanks
post #4849 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post

Do any of these firmware updates allow the 94 Elite to now Pass Though 3D video Feeds?

Thanks

That will require hardware change, HDMI 1.4 chips.
post #4850 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was watching cable news on it last night, and it justmturnedmoff again. Then I had to get up, press the power button and it started working again....strange.

You either have a hardware defect (seems common problem on 94) or speaker wiring problem. No amount of firmware update will help.
post #4851 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:

You did it yourself? Do you mean you took it to a service center, or there is a DIY solution?

Yes, I did it myself. If you go back to about post #4782, and the next few posts after, there is discussion on what is involved with that:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21197604
post #4852 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Why does it require HDMI 1.4 chips when 1.3 HDMI will Pass 3D video? I am using 1.3 HDMI cables to view 3D content from DirecTV and my Panasonic 3D Blu Ray player so I assume 1.3 HDMI will allow 3D video.

Thanks
post #4853 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

That wasn't my experience. I had no problem passing 3d through the 94, though it wasn't able to pass through the metadata that allowed the correct 3d mode to be selected by the display. Not a big deal, just needed to manually change the display settings for side x side and top x bottom on some 3d cable programs.
post #4854 of 4953 Old 01-21-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post

Why does it require HDMI 1.4 chips when 1.3 HDMI will Pass 3D video? I am using 1.3 HDMI cables to view 3D content from DirecTV and my Panasonic 3D Blu Ray player so I assume 1.3 HDMI will allow 3D video.

Thanks

HDMI cable is the same. However, HDMI chip is different so are the protocol it supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

That wasn't my experience. I had no problem passing 3d through the 94, though it wasn't able to pass through the metadata that allowed the correct 3d mode to be selected by the display. Not a big deal, just needed to manually change the display settings for side x side and top x bottom on some 3d cable programs.

Side-by-side and top-bottom are compatible with any legacy devices. That's why XBox (HDMI 1.1 device) can output 3D games. However, Blu-Ray 3Ds are FullHD 3D, that is 3D without lossing half the resolution like SbS and T-B modes do. So, you do need HDMI 1.4 capable receiver if you want full resolution of the 3D.
post #4855 of 4953 Old 01-24-2012, 01:39 PM

What does the update actually change?
post #4856 of 4953 Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible_buddhis View Post

What does the update actually change?

Fix various bugs.
post #4857 of 4953 Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh54 View Post

hey all i got a headphone question. My wireless sony headphones uses an rca component cable to input audio signal to. I know i can get an adapter that would allow me to convert the red/white inputs to a single input and then plug this into the "headphone" jack located in the front panel. But i was wondering is there a "rca out" somewhere on my 94 that i could just directly plug in the cables without having to fool with adapter and having to open and having to leave open the front panel.

Thanks

btt
post #4858 of 4953 Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Just got my 94TXH back from authorized dealer for the firmware update.

Need to check and see what really was updated.

1. How do I get into service menu to check?

2. What numbers should I be looking for (firmware, dsp #s, etc) for the most recent updates of all?

post #4859 of 4953 Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just got my 94TXH back from authorized dealer for the firmware update.

Need to check and see what really was updated.

1. How do I get into service menu to check?

2. What numbers should I be looking for (firmware, dsp #s, etc) for the most recent updates of all?

Just checked service menu....

I told the idiots at the service center to update to 2.013 . . . They only plated firmware to 2.012 . . . And looks like no DSP updates . . .

Now have to read through the thread a long way back and figure how to do it my self.

So much for the Pioneer letter . . . I even begged them to put 2.013 on....assured me they would. Don't go to Normans in Atlanta! Nook them 2 weeks to give me not what I asked for and not the newest update.

You can write directions on the heal of the boot on how to pour out the water, but you can't get them to read!

post #4860 of 4953 Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM

I own Pioneer VSX94-TXH with only 1 HDMI output to TV monitor.
I have Plasma TV and HD projector.
I'm looking for recommendation what model of HDMI splitter will work on Pioneer VSX94 to split one HDMI output to 2 TV monitors.
I tried 2 splitters, not of them worked. Same splitters worked when I split HDMI output from DVD to 2 monitors, but when I connected DVD to Pioneer VSX94 and used it's HDMI output, did not work.
I performed VSX94 firmware update (whole package) to latest version, did not help.
Please help.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page