The "Official" VSX-94TXH Thread...:0) - Page 167 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #4981 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1bum View Post
Thanks for that but apparently my post count is not high enough to send PM to you, I will try again as soon as I am able.
That's OK I'll pm you my emails address and you can just email me directly and I'll reply with the firmware and instructions.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 10:44 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 1675
Quote:
My receiver is doing crazy things, was working fine until recently and then I lost the TV feed from my HDMI 1 port, I moved it to 3 and it was working fine for a little while, I then needed to move the receiver to another location and now it has gone crazy, I have the Directv PVR plugged into HDMI 3 but can only get it to respond if I set it to HDMI1 input. Tried to input set up several times and it always comes back to the same thing, thinking I may need to do a factory reset on the unit, opinions are welcome and appreciated.
The TV should be connected to the HDMI Out not HDMI 1
post #4983 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have owned Pioneer elite gear for years and was only looking at the same whenever I went for a new piece of equipment. I was looking for a new receiver recently to upgrade to ATMOS, and decided to make a change, picked up the Marantz 6010, and have only gone through the initial set up, have not spent a lot of time with it but so far I find the set up and the Odyssey much easier and superior to the Pioneer Elite's MCACC, will update this post when I have spent more time listening to the sound etc.
post #4984 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
The TV should be connected to the HDMI Out not HDMI 1
I understand, I wasn't clear in my post, I have the output connected to the TV, I was speaking of the inputs.
post #4985 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
How do I get to the V-parameter screen to enable video scaling?
I got rid of my 92TXH back in 2009 so I don't have one to outline the steps, but page 71 of the manual details how to get to the V.Parameter screen. This link will download a .pdf version of the manual. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OS8y7Q&cad=rja

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #4986 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
My receiver is doing crazy things, was working fine until recently and then I lost the TV feed from my HDMI 1 port, I moved it to 3 and it was working fine for a little while, I then needed to move the receiver to another location and now it has gone crazy, I have the Directv PVR plugged into HDMI 3 but can only get it to respond if I set it to HDMI1 input. Tried to input set up several times and it always comes back to the same thing, thinking I may need to do a factory reset on the unit, opinions are welcome and appreciated.
The first thing I would do is a reset to factory. Also, you should do a visual inspection of the HDMI ports themselves for any bent contacts or loose fitting connector. These jacks are very delicate, especially with heavy cables hanging out of them. Try making your HDMI connections using the default labels after the reset, before renaming any inputs. I would do all that before even worrying about the firmware updates.
post #4987 of 4991 Unread 03-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Ok, reset to factory settings and the crazy stuff seems resolved.
post #4988 of 4991 Unread 03-19-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechs01 View Post
Looking into updating the firmware on my 94TXH but it is several versions behind. Are there DIY options to get to 2.012 that include all the incremental updates?

Hi there, it doesn't matter what your current firmware version is. Follow the instructions and you will have the latest.
Thank you! So the update is cumulative and includes all of the updates between 2.0* and 2.013?
post #4989 of 4991 Unread 03-19-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yornch View Post
Thank you! So the update is cumulative and includes all of the updates between 2.0* and 2.013?
Yes, Firmware is basically a set of instructions for the processor. When they come up with a fix for an issue, the are basically making a correction to the instructions. When you do the update, the firmware that's in there gets erased, and the the updated firmware is written into the memory to replace it. For anyone interested, I'll post the firmware change log from Pioneer. This is just for the DSP Flash.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHANGE_HISTORY_07MID(DSP FLASH).txt (1.0 KB, 32 views)
post #4990 of 4991 Unread 07-10-2016, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All, been awhile since I've stopped by. I've got additions to my setup that I can't figure out how to configure.

Before: Standard Pioneer VSX-94, used speaker pole wires out, normal inputs including HDMI (TV and DVD player).

Now: Added 2 amplifiers, 1 is a 3 channel Krell. I changed the speaker outputs from the speaker poles to the multi-channel outs and that part is working fine. I moved the sub there too.

The 2nd amplifier though I want to use for a separate zone outdoor speakers. I moved the speaker wires from the Pioneer Channel B pole outs to the Multi-Zone & Source outs but can't get any sounds from them. I also see from the manual that there are ridiculous limits on which inputs can be sent to the i.e. Zone 2, for example, no iPod, no Sirius or XM, no Home Media Gallery. It seems that setting up the 2nd amplifier with a 2nd outdoor speaker zone is oddly difficult for this Pioneer system.

Any help or suggestions on how to do this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Bruce
post #4991 of 4991 Unread 07-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Thank God for this place. I PM'd Legairre for the latest firmware but just in case he's not around if someone can PM me the zip that would be amazing. Thanks guys, I'm on 2.007 and everything else is current so I guess I only have to do the easy CD update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors