Originally Posted by Cugolfer33
Recently bought Denon x4200w for new house to run my 7.2.2 setup. Looking at the Outlaw 5000 to run my front LCR? Any thoughts on remaining 2 channels to power?
I believe you're going to an all Klipsch system except for Micca overhead speakers. I believe they are 8 ohm, high efficiency speakers. Here are the possibilities:
1) Implement 5.2.2 and use the 4200 to drive your five floor level speakers (no surrounds backs) and two overhead speakers and forgo the external amp, or
2) Implement 7.2.2 and drive all seven of your floor level speakers with the 4200 and buy a low cost two channel external amp such as the AudioSouce AMP-100 to drive the two overhead speakers, or
3) Implement 5.2.4 (instead of 7.2.2) and use the Outlaw 5000 to drive your five floor level speakers and let the 4200 drive your four overhead speakers (yes, the 4200 internal amps can drive the Height2 speakers using the FW speaker posts if your Fronts are externally driven), or
4) Implement 7.2.2 and let the Outlaw 5000 drive the FL, C, FR, SL, SR and let the 4200 drive the two surround back speakers and the two overhead speakers, or
5) Implement 7.2.2 and only use 3/5 of the Outlaw 5000 channels for your FL, C, FR speakers and use the 4200 to drive the remaining four floor level and two overhead speakers , or
6) Implement 7.2.2 and pay the additional $400 and get an Outlaw 7125 seven channel amp to drive all seven of your floor level speakers and use the 4200 to drive your two overhead speakers, or
7) Implement 7.2.2, return the 4200 and buy a 6200 to drive your seven floor level and two overhead speakers and forego the external amp, or
8) Implement 5.2.4, return the 4200 and buy a 6200 to drive your five floor level and four overhead speakers and forgo the external amp, or
Wash, rinse, and repeat with the 6200 and an external amp for other scenarios such as 7.2.4.