Forum Jump: 

post #5071 of 5086 Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adestin View Post

Got the dreaded 'standby light'. My sr8002 is a couple months out of Warranty. Took to the local place, but the guy couldn't handle it....indicated that there were some serious problems with the power supply.

What sort of "serious problems"? Was a transformer completely cooked? Was the PCB vaporised?
The power side of the 7002 is not all that complicated and the majority of the parts not really expensive.
Recalling the schematics, the overall PS in the 8002 wasn't all that different - other than transformer being a toroid.

I would hope that a Marantz service centre would have some experience in the types of PS faults these units develop and not take more than 2-3 hours to repair it. (The disassemble/reassemble is a bit painful!)

If the fault is related to one of the the HDMI cards or has damaged the same then it may be a different story repair wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5072 of 5086 Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just heard back from the authorized service provider......it's a short in the power supply....$395 to repair. I will check with Marantz to see if they can help, as it's only 3-4 months out of warranty. If I don't get help, is this worth repairing, or should I cut my losses and move on?
post #5073 of 5086 Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM

Liked: 15

Hey guys...

I am having a problem:

When using IR output (rear) plugged into DV4001 (marantz dvd) and setting dvd for external, nothing happens... It is not sending IR signal forward.

Any ideas?

Anybody knows how to test IR out? I've tested with a IR blaster plugged and with mobile camera. It is not flashing.

post #5074 of 5086 Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
If you are bitstreaming DTS-HD MA or TrueHD to the avr, Audyssey is not applied because the unit doesn't have enough processing power to decode and apply Audyssey. The receiver will just decode the signal without apply Audyssey.
post #5075 of 5086 Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:

Just heard back from the authorized service provider......it's a short in the power supply....$395 to repair. I will check with Marantz to see if they can help, as it's only 3-4 months out of warranty. If I don't get help, is this worth repairing, or should I cut my losses and move on?

Check with your credit card issuer as well as they may add another year of warranty for free. Otherwise, you may want to consider if you want any of the newer features provided on more current models to include either of the more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT or better yet, MultEQ XT32.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5076 of 5086 Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 AM

Good news...Marantz agreed to cover the remaining unpaid repair cost as a 'one-time' out of warranty service. Bad news....local authorized service provider refuses to do the repair as warranty since Marantz will only pay them the warranty rate, which doesn't cover their cost. The saga continues....
post #5077 of 5086 Old 02-23-2014, 05:31 AM
585-645-1006

Considering it's out of warranty, any amount covered by Marantz is a bonus, otherwise you may want to ask Marantz if their factor repair center will cover total repair costs.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #5078 of 5086 Old 02-23-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Good news...Marantz agreed to cover the remaining unpaid repair cost as a 'one-time' out of warranty service. Bad news....local authorized service provider refuses to do the repair as warranty since Marantz will only pay them the warranty rate, which doesn't cover their cost. The saga continues....

I guess you either work out how to get it back for a "factory" repair or come to an arrangement with the local repairer to top-up their fee?
If you do ship it be mindful that these babies need to be treated with some respect as it's unlikely to respond well to rough handling.
post #5079 of 5086 Old 02-24-2014, 08:44 PM

Long story short....Marantz told me to retrieve the receiver from the local repair shop and ship to a place in So. Cal. that will do the work. Another $60 of cost to me, and another couple weeks with no unit...but all the repair work will be covered by Marantz (nice customer support gesture by them).
post #5080 of 5086 Old 06-28-2014, 03:32 AM

Is the speaker distance applied to the 7.1 Channel input mode?

Thanks in advance by your response.

Regards,

Marcos

Q.J.A
post #5081 of 5086 Old 06-28-2014, 04:37 AM
585-645-1006

Yes, distance is applied.

post #5082 of 5086 Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 AM

^ Thanks by your response.
I did the changes based on your information and I correct an additional delay I have introduced in the Oppo 95.

Best Regards,

Marcos

Q.J.A
post #5083 of 5086 Old 07-04-2014, 01:33 PM

sr8002 Menu Problem

Recently got my sr8002 receiver back from repair in So Cal. Everything works great sound/video wise except I can't get the menu screen to show up on my TV to do the Audyssey set-up. Talked to Marantz...did a quick reset--did not work. They told me to contact the repair place. So Cal repair place indicated their warranty on service is only 30 days. The TV was connected via HDMI. I tried unplugging the HDMI and connecting via 'Monitor Out' to component Video-In on the TV, but that didn't work either. I'm not that interested in shipping the unit again and having to queue up in the repair line for 2 months just to be able to see the menu screen. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
post #5084 of 5086 Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adestin View Post
I can't get the menu screen to show up on my TV to do the Audyssey set-up. The TV was connected via HDMI. I tried unplugging the HDMI and connecting via 'Monitor Out' to component Video-In on the TV, but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
Weird.
Any chance it's just a remote problem? Tried the front panel menu button?
Do you still see the initial menu list on the units front panel as you step through?
Can you actually change settings at all?
Did you try both front panel resets?
(MULTI + SPEAKERS A/B or 7.1 + PURE DIRECT + CLEAR)

I suppose with the aid of the printed manual menu options it would be possible to step through the menu blind to at least get all the inputs setup but the Audyssey configuration would be a nightmare.
I have to admit, I rarely bother with using Audyssy but that doesn't really help your problem.
post #5085 of 5086 Old 07-05-2014, 03:31 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by adestin View Post
Recently got my sr8002 receiver back from repair in So Cal. Everything works great sound/video wise except I can't get the menu screen to show up on my TV to do the Audyssey set-up. Talked to Marantz...did a quick reset--did not work. They told me to contact the repair place. So Cal repair place indicated their warranty on service is only 30 days. The TV was connected via HDMI. I tried unplugging the HDMI and connecting via 'Monitor Out' to component Video-In on the TV, but that didn't work either. I'm not that interested in shipping the unit again and having to queue up in the repair line for 2 months just to be able to see the menu screen. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
Check to make sure the Video Convert setting (p. 59 Owner's manual) is set to "ANA & HDMI."

post #5086 of 5086 Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Did both Front Panel resets and also checked the Video Convert setting...it showed = Ana + HDMI. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful getting the Menu to appear onscreen. Sigh.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Marantz Sr8002 Surround Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page