new marantz sr7002, sr8002 receivers - Page 172 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2015, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long shot here, but -

Have any of you used the SR8002 to pass analog audio through to a recording device? I am trying to use the CD in to push audio through (sounds fine on my system) and also record it on a separate component that has analog audio inputs.

Rather than split the signal at the source, I would prefer to go through the SR8002. However, it doesn't appear to pass the analog signal through the CD out - or at least I cannot hear it when monitoring.

The manual pretty much says "you are good to go!" by simply plugging in analog stereo to the OUT port, but I am not having any luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I must not be understanding your question because I do that exact thing with my 7002.
CD analogue IN. Monitor OUT.
I can't image they reduced features on the 8002?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10998 Post(s)
Liked: 5090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CkRtech View Post
Long shot here, but -

Have any of you used the SR8002 to pass analog audio through to a recording device? I am trying to use the CD in to push audio through (sounds fine on my system) and also record it on a separate component that has analog audio inputs.

Rather than split the signal at the source, I would prefer to go through the SR8002. However, it doesn't appear to pass the analog signal through the CD out - or at least I cannot hear it when monitoring.

The manual pretty much says "you are good to go!" by simply plugging in analog stereo to the OUT port, but I am not having any luck.

You should be able to use either the TAPE OUT or CD OUT for your use case. Try turning the volume of the recording device up much higher.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've owned a Marantz SR8002 for nearly 8 yrs but seldom used it for just listening to music. While Dolby & DTS surround thunders in our man-cave, CDs do not. The audio is clear as a bell but to me it just sound flat (Maybe I miss the '70s loudness contour of my Marantz SR 2020b!).

Lately I've tried a few new tricks to cure that, namely some of the surround effects found under DD & DTS. They help a little but still missing something. Then I tried to use the 3. SURROUND SETUP to customize these settings. I assumed adjusting sub levels for TRUBASS, for example, would only be engaged when playback of PCM Stereo & selecting one of the surround simulators. Not true. After adding 5db to TRUBASS I checked 2. SPEAKER SETUP & found the Sub level had increased 5db also.

That can't be right, can it?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Marantz SR7002 Issues to JVC X750R Projector

If I run any HDMI out of Marantz to the JVC projector, I get a green screen (with video viewable, but all greenish). However, if I run direct from my source components to the JVC projector it's fine (using Monoprice Cabernet 35' runs of HDMI).
I've tried multiple HDMI cables between source and Marantz.

Second issue, is that I cannot get the Marantz to play HDMI audio. It plays optical audio and RCA audio fine though.
I connect from either my Tivo box or Oppo 103D player and no HDMI audio.

Any ideas? I know the Marantz is getting long in the tooth, but I'm thinking it should work right?
Old 01-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post
If I run any HDMI out of Marantz to the JVC projector, I get a green screen (with video viewable, but all greenish). However, if I run direct from my source components to the JVC projector it's fine (using Monoprice Cabernet 35' runs of HDMI).

Second issue, is that I cannot get the Marantz to play HDMI audio. It plays optical audio and RCA audio fine though.

Any ideas? I know the Marantz is getting long in the tooth, but I'm thinking it should work right?
Anyone have any ideas here on this? I just need to know if either something is broken on my Marantz, or if it isn't compatible with the new HDMI specs or something.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post

Ok, I sent an email to Marantz support. I'm going to assume that something must have broke on my Marantz and I should start looking for a new one.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for help here. No subwoofer output from SW preout. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've tried the factory reset. I've tried unplugging. I've checked settings to verify everything is set properly. I've even tested the sub using the 7.1 outs of my BD player. Nothing works. However, when I go through the speaker testing under MENU, I do get sound to the sub with the test tone. Surprisingly, that actually works.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10998 Post(s)
Liked: 5090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
Looking for help here. No subwoofer output from SW preout. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've tried the factory reset. I've tried unplugging. I've checked settings to verify everything is set properly. I've even tested the sub using the 7.1 outs of my BD player. Nothing works. However, when I go through the speaker testing under MENU, I do get sound to the sub with the test tone. Surprisingly, that actually works.
Are the FL/FR speakers reset to SMALL/80Hz as is suggested after running Audyssey?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Are the FL/FR speakers reset to SMALL/80Hz as is suggested after running Audyssey?
I set speakers manually, not using Audyssey, as I am running 3.1 right now (no surrounds connected, they are still boxed up). For some clarification, the sub works when connected direct to the BD player, so the sub works. Also, I have had the sub working fine with this receiver in the past (have owned since 2010, but 'mileage' is low on it and sometimes months go between use). Last time I powered this on was back in February and everything worked fine at that time. I use it now and the sub is not getting sound like it did before.

In manual setup, I have had fronts set to LARGE in past with sub to YES and the setting to LFE at MIX. Crossover at 60Hz (changed to 80Hz during testing). I have used since my fronts are towers spec'ed down to 32Hz and I do music listening. During all of my testing in the past 36 hrs, I tried setting the fronts to small and there is no difference. I think there MAY be some sound going to the sub when the gain on the sub is maxed out, but it is VERY hard to notice. Like said, when I do the test tone to the sub, it rumbles pretty loud at my typical setting for sub gain setting, though I don't remember how loud it should be with the test tone.

All I know is that the sub has always worked fine in the past.

Last edited by Brian81; 10-06-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Looking for help here. No subwoofer output from SW preout.
Perhaps I'm missing something here but what happens when you use direct mode?
Old 10-08-2016, 12:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheB View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something here but what happens when you use direct mode?
No sound from sub. Only sound going through was doing the test tones.

Some good news though. I did the two different resets before to no success, but I tried it again....four times in a row at that (doing just multi + spkr a/b)...followed by connecting and configuring from 2 channel, cycling power, adding/configuring center, cycling power...etc... and to my pleasant surprise, sound coming from sub again!
Old 10-08-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
No sound from sub. Only sound going through was doing the test tones.

Some good news though. I did the two different resets before to no success, but I tried it again....four times in a row at that (doing just multi + spkr a/b)...followed by connecting and configuring from 2 channel, cycling power, adding/configuring center, cycling power...etc... and to my pleasant surprise, sound coming from sub again!
What versions of firmware you running?
I wonder if there is a mismatch between CPU & DSP versions, a corrupted install (from factory or an update?), or perhaps the EEPROM is on the way out.
These units are around ten years old and I've seen similar EEPROMS go bad for no apparent reason. In theory their read/write spec in the millions.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheB View Post
What versions of firmware you running?
I wonder if there is a mismatch between CPU & DSP versions, a corrupted install (from factory or an update?), or perhaps the EEPROM is on the way out.
These units are around ten years old and I've seen similar EEPROMS go bad for no apparent reason. In theory their read/write spec in the millions.

Hi, I never had an update. I know when I purchased it, I checked the firmware version to see if it was with the one affected by the DTS error. It wasn't. I think it was 39? I purchased the receiver in 2010(?), and most of the time it hasn't been used. I only used it for stereo until last year.

Last edited by Brian81; 10-08-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Marantz Sr8002 Surround Receiver