new marantz sr7002, sr8002 receivers - Page 172 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 5137 Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long shot here, but -

Have any of you used the SR8002 to pass analog audio through to a recording device? I am trying to use the CD in to push audio through (sounds fine on my system) and also record it on a separate component that has analog audio inputs.

Rather than split the signal at the source, I would prefer to go through the SR8002. However, it doesn't appear to pass the analog signal through the CD out - or at least I cannot hear it when monitoring.

The manual pretty much says "you are good to go!" by simply plugging in analog stereo to the OUT port, but I am not having any luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5137 Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I must not be understanding your question because I do that exact thing with my 7002.
CD analogue IN. Monitor OUT.
I can't image they reduced features on the 8002?
post #5133 of 5137 Old 11-23-2015, 02:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10296 Post(s)
Liked: 4765
Quote:
Originally Posted by CkRtech View Post
Long shot here, but -

Have any of you used the SR8002 to pass analog audio through to a recording device? I am trying to use the CD in to push audio through (sounds fine on my system) and also record it on a separate component that has analog audio inputs.

Rather than split the signal at the source, I would prefer to go through the SR8002. However, it doesn't appear to pass the analog signal through the CD out - or at least I cannot hear it when monitoring.

The manual pretty much says "you are good to go!" by simply plugging in analog stereo to the OUT port, but I am not having any luck.

You should be able to use either the TAPE OUT or CD OUT for your use case. Try turning the volume of the recording device up much higher.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, SVS, Oppo

Ask me how to get a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 wireless/Bluetooth speaker.
post #5134 of 5137 Old 01-15-2016, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've owned a Marantz SR8002 for nearly 8 yrs but seldom used it for just listening to music. While Dolby & DTS surround thunders in our man-cave, CDs do not. The audio is clear as a bell but to me it just sound flat (Maybe I miss the '70s loudness contour of my Marantz SR 2020b!).

Lately I've tried a few new tricks to cure that, namely some of the surround effects found under DD & DTS. They help a little but still missing something. Then I tried to use the 3. SURROUND SETUP to customize these settings. I assumed adjusting sub levels for TRUBASS, for example, would only be engaged when playback of PCM Stereo & selecting one of the surround simulators. Not true. After adding 5db to TRUBASS I checked 2. SPEAKER SETUP & found the Sub level had increased 5db also.

That can't be right, can it?
post #5135 of 5137 Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Marantz SR7002 Issues to JVC X750R Projector

If I run any HDMI out of Marantz to the JVC projector, I get a green screen (with video viewable, but all greenish). However, if I run direct from my source components to the JVC projector it's fine (using Monoprice Cabernet 35' runs of HDMI).
I've tried multiple HDMI cables between source and Marantz.

Second issue, is that I cannot get the Marantz to play HDMI audio. It plays optical audio and RCA audio fine though.
I connect from either my Tivo box or Oppo 103D player and no HDMI audio.

Any ideas? I know the Marantz is getting long in the tooth, but I'm thinking it should work right?
post #5136 of 5137 Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post
If I run any HDMI out of Marantz to the JVC projector, I get a green screen (with video viewable, but all greenish). However, if I run direct from my source components to the JVC projector it's fine (using Monoprice Cabernet 35' runs of HDMI).

Second issue, is that I cannot get the Marantz to play HDMI audio. It plays optical audio and RCA audio fine though.

Any ideas? I know the Marantz is getting long in the tooth, but I'm thinking it should work right?
Anyone have any ideas here on this? I just need to know if either something is broken on my Marantz, or if it isn't compatible with the new HDMI specs or something.
post #5137 of 5137 Old 01-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post

Ok, I sent an email to Marantz support. I'm going to assume that something must have broke on my Marantz and I should start looking for a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Marantz Sr8002 Surround Receiver
Gear in this thread