Originally Posted by jimim
I wouldn't hesitate at all with the 765 if you don't mind not having audio over the hdmi sets.
So, just to make sure I understand this correctly: The main disadvantages if I buy the T765 over the T775 would be (except "worse" sound and power and fewer connectors and all that):
1. With no audio over HDMI, I would need to use separate coax or optical cables for audio for everything I connect to the T765. These can then be assigned as audio sources for each HDMI source, so I can switch both at the same time and not really notice the difference in daily use ?
2. I would need to run a set of composit, s-video or component cables from the T765 to the TV to get OSD, since it doesn't work on HDMI.
3. I would need to run a set of audio cables from the T765 to the TV if I want to use the built in loudspeakers on the TV from time to time.
4. To get 1080p24, I would need a HDMI cable from the T765 to the TV, since component doesn't support that.
5. I wouldn't be able to use the fancy LPCM stuff in the future.
All in all it sums up to sound like a lot of cables going both into the T765 and up to the TV, when all that is needed for the T775 is a single HDMI cable.
This will be my very first surround receiver, and I will also buy a full new set of speakers, HD player and big flat TV. So the total cost will be quite high anyhow. The question is then: Are there other issues with the T765 which would make waiting (even more) for the T775 a better option?