The NAD T775/T785 AVRs w/ HDMI 1.3 Thread! - Page 131 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #3901 of 4311 Old 03-29-2012, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, first time poster here. Glad to be part of this thread and amongst the body of knowledge here!

First off, my apologies if there is separate thread for the T765 owners...I didn't see one so decided to post here.

I've been reading this thread with considerable interest since purchasing my T765HD last July (with AM100 / VM100 MDC), as I too have been keen on finding a way to resolve the loss of the first few seconds of audio when using digital inputs.

In recent days I've noticed some of you 775/785 owners have found your solution in the 1.34 firmware update. I've already contacted NAD and have been emailed the 1.34 firmware package, which I plan to install this weekend. Since I didn't read about any other T765 owners in this thread who have installed 1.34 and have confirmed resolution of the issue, I thought I'd post my results once I complete the install in the upcoming days, hoping that it may help other T765 owners.

My question to you all, though, is when upgrading firmware on the receiver, is it recommended to disconnect all sources, speaker cables from the back of the receiver before executing the install files? Is there risk of specfic harm in not doing so? I ask only to know how much of my Saturday (or Sunday) I should devote to this, since it's fairly simple for me to get to the RS232 port, but disconnecting the system and getting behind the A/V cabinet is going to be burdensome.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 4311 Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound76s View Post

Hello, first time poster here. Glad to be part of this thread and amongst the body of knowledge here!

First off, my apologies if there is separate thread for the T765 owners...I didn't see one so decided to post here.

I've been reading this thread with considerable interest since purchasing my T765HD last July (with AM100 / VM100 MDC), as I too have been keen on finding a way to resolve the loss of the first few seconds of audio when using digital inputs.

In recent days I've noticed some of you 775/785 owners have found your solution in the 1.34 firmware update. I've already contacted NAD and have been emailed the 1.34 firmware package, which I plan to install this weekend. Since I didn't read about any other T765 owners in this thread who have installed 1.34 and have confirmed resolution of the issue, I thought I'd post my results once I complete the install in the upcoming days, hoping that it may help other T765 owners.

My question to you all, though, is when upgrading firmware on the receiver, is it recommended to disconnect all sources, speaker cables from the back of the receiver before executing the install files? Is there risk of specfic harm in not doing so? I ask only to know how much of my Saturday (or Sunday) I should devote to this, since it's fairly simple for me to get to the RS232 port, but disconnecting the system and getting behind the A/V cabinet is going to be burdensome.

Thanks in advance!

Don't need to disconnect anything. Just use a 9 pin straight through serial cable to a windows pc and run the upgrade paying attention to the instructions. You might want to do a factory reset if you see anything odd after the upgrade. I did not.
post #3903 of 4311 Old 03-30-2012, 01:40 AM

I would like to upgrade/install my T765 myself with the modules VM 150 & AM 100. Could someone please tell me which steps this involved?

Recently I installed the latest firmware (1.34)

Is it just a matter of?
- no power on AVR.
- remove all cables (speaker, HDMI, etc.)
- open the AVR.
- remove old MDC and assemble the new MDC.
- close the AVR.
- connect PC (rs-232) to AVR.
- switch on power AVR.
- run the firmware update (1.34) for the new modules.
- switch off power.
- connect all cables.
- Enjoy the new features!
post #3904 of 4311 Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc67 View Post

I would like to upgrade/install my T765 myself with the modules VM 150 & AM 100. Could someone please tell me which steps this involved?

Recently I installed the latest firmware (1.34)

Is it just a matter of?
- no power on AVR.
- remove all cables (speaker, HDMI, etc.)
- open the AVR.
- remove old MDC and assemble the new MDC.
- close the AVR.
- connect PC (rs-232) to AVR.
- switch on power AVR.
- run the firmware update (1.34) for the new modules.
- switch off power.
- connect all cables.
- Enjoy the new features!

I believe NAD wants the dealer to do this normally. It is a little bit more than that. The AM and VM cards are attached together and go in as one piece. So, you get the AM/VM cards, attach them together - they have a single back faceplate. When you remove the old cards after opening the box, you have to make sure you remove some grounding cables carefully. Put them all back once you are done. I guess NAD could have made this easier for end user upgrade.
post #3905 of 4311 Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM

MDC AM100 Vs. AM200
Did anyone did a upgrade from AM100 to AM200 and can give you a little review . im debating on upgrading my AM100 card with 200 to get the Audyssey. I know it will help with my room acoustics and with some dips in frequencies . Would it be big sound improvement ? does it improve bass management also. I know that Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ is worth the money but i could life with out them . Currently have no issues with my unit (sometimes my volume knob wont work but no big deal) just don't want to end up with some bugs after the upgrade.

thank you

Also does Nad will be release any new AM cards ? or is AM200 is it for a wile.
post #3906 of 4311 Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Does anyone here use the NAD T7x5 series with a Dune HD player, I mean the new Dune HD series(HD MAX, H1, D1 etc).

I'm using a Dune HD MAX connected to my T785, which then goes to my Samsung D8005 Plasma 51".

I'm seeing odd flickering on the screen, it looks like back in the old days, when tv reception cut off(snow on screen). It's there for about a second and the screen return to the Dune HD MAX menu. Even though it's only a second, it comes VERY frequent!

In the 2 minutes it normally takes me to navigate through and find a show, I'm seeing that "snowy" image 15+ times It's worth noting, that the flickering keeps occuring, even when playing media.

* This does NOT occur with Dune HD connected directly to my TV, ie. it must be the T785 causing the problem.

* Turning on the T785 as the LAST part(tv first, then dune), usually solves the problem

* When above fails, I power cycle the T785 a couple times, that seems to get rid of it.

* I've turned OFF all the HDMI CEC options on the Samsung AND on the T785, to avoid any issues with that.

My T785 has the newest v1.34 firmware, AM200 + VM150 MDC modules installed. I've tried 2 different sets of HDMI cables, to no luck.

It's been to the repairs 2 times now, for various issues(HDMI signal loss, HQ audio dropout). It's really bugging me, as I thought the problem was solved.

Any ideas? Should I return it for repair? Try to convince the dealer to get a new unit?

Any input is much appreciated, I'm lost

EDIT: Managed to capture a video of the issue, see here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-68T5sdJueU

Best regards
Jim
post #3907 of 4311 Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdk View Post

Does anyone here use the NAD T7x5 series with a Dune HD player, I mean the new Dune HD series(HD MAX, H1, D1 etc).

I'm using a Dune HD MAX connected to my T785, which then goes to my Samsung D8005 Plasma 51".

I'm seeing odd flickering on the screen, it looks like back in the old days, when tv reception cut off(snow on screen). It's there for about a second and the screen return to the Dune HD MAX menu. Even though it's only a second, it comes VERY frequent!

In the 2 minutes it normally takes me to navigate through and find a show, I'm seeing that "snowy" image 15+ times It's worth noting, that the flickering keeps occuring, even when playing media.

* This does NOT occur with Dune HD connected directly to my TV, ie. it must be the T785 causing the problem.

* Turning on the T785 as the LAST part(tv first, then dune), usually solves the problem

* When above fails, I power cycle the T785 a couple times, that seems to get rid of it.

* I've turned OFF all the HDMI CEC options on the Samsung AND on the T785, to avoid any issues with that.

My T785 has the newest v1.34 firmware, AM200 + VM150 MDC modules installed. I've tried 2 different sets of HDMI cables, to no luck.

It's been to the repairs 2 times now, for various issues(HDMI signal loss, HQ audio dropout). It's really bugging me, as I thought the problem was solved.

Any ideas? Should I return it for repair? Try to convince the dealer to get a new unit?

Any input is much appreciated, I'm lost

EDIT: Managed to capture a video of the issue, see here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-68T5sdJueU

Best regards
Jim

By any chance, are you using a 2 ft HDMI cable? Try a 3 ft one. I had a similar problem with my PS3 and T775HD when using a 2 ft cable. The problem went away when I used a 3ft one. I don't know why. Someone else here also said the same thing. You could do a factory reset and reupgrade your software to make sure everything looks right. Are you having this problem only with Dune HD (I am not familiar with this product)? Hmm. I am running out of ideas. I live in the US so I deal with 60Hz and 24Hz content, not 50Hz.
post #3908 of 4311 Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

By any chance, are you using a 2 ft HDMI cable? Try a 3 ft one. I had a similar problem with my PS3 and T775HD when using a 2 ft cable. The problem went away when I used a 3ft one. I don't know why. Someone else here also said the same thing. You could do a factory reset and reupgrade your software to make sure everything looks right. Are you having this problem only with Dune HD (I am not familiar with this product)? Hmm. I am running out of ideas. I live in the US so I deal with 60Hz and 24Hz content, not 50Hz.

Also what hdmi port are you using? If I plug my HD-dvd Toshiba A35 into hdmi-4 on the vm150x card it fails, but worked on the vm150 card. Wasn't sure if you also had the 150x.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #3909 of 4311 Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:

Hi bommai,

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact I was using a 3ft cable, but switched it for a 6ft one just now. It looks very promising allready!! Not a single "snow" image yet I'll report back later, when I've tried watching a couple things.

It's the first time where using a longer cable has actually solved a problem and not caused it, hehe.

Thanks again.
Best regards
Jim

P.S try checking out the Dune HD homepage. It's top notch media players!
post #3910 of 4311 Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post

Also what hdmi port are you using? If I plug my HD-dvd Toshiba A35 into hdmi-4 on the vm150x card it fails, but worked on the vm150 card. Wasn't sure if you also had the 150x.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't have the 150x in my system, but I've tried all kinds of hdmi port combinations.

Best regards
Jim
post #3911 of 4311 Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdk View Post

I'll report back later, when I've tried watching a couple things.

Now been watching a couple shows, without a single hiccup

Hoping it will stay that way!!
post #3912 of 4311 Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:

I believe NAD wants the dealer to do this normally. It is a little bit more than that. The AM and VM cards are attached together and go in as one piece. So, you get the AM/VM cards, attach them together - they have a single back faceplate. When you remove the old cards after opening the box, you have to make sure you remove some grounding cables carefully. Put them all back once you are done. I guess NAD could have made this easier for end user upgrade.

Thank you for your reply.

I suspect that I have already the AM100 card in my receiver but the HD features are not enabled because of the 'old' HDMI card.

Is there anyone else who did the hardware upgrade himself?
post #3913 of 4311 Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I also upgraded my T785 HD (AM200/VM150/VM150x) with the latest 1.34 firmware, and I am happy to report that the issue related to "first 1 second of audio is lost" is now gone. I did not disconnect any wires form the receiver while upgrading the firmware.
post #3914 of 4311 Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vddobrev View Post

I also upgraded my T785 HD (AM200/VM150/VM150x) with the latest 1.34 firmware, and I am happy to report that the issue related to "first 1 second of audio is lost" is now gone. I did not disconnect any wires form the receiver while upgrading the firmware.

Great news. If you live in US/Canada, I recommend an email to Bob Moran letting him know about your satisfaction. It is great to work with a smaller company and let them know both good/bad with their products. My T775HD has been a stellar performer and with the latest firmware absolutely no issues.
post #3915 of 4311 Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 AM

Any news about network control via Ethernet Port on VM 150X?
post #3916 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon1611 View Post

I have no idea if this is one of the features but there is a new firmware available. 1.36.
post #3917 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:

I have no idea if this is one of the features but there is a new firmware available. 1.36.

If anyone has the new firmware on hand, please send me a copy, thanks

itdk01@gmail.com
post #3918 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 PM

The last version of the firmware is working so well for me I'm not sure I want to upgrade. The only note in the latest version of the firmware is:

'With VM150 upgrade, analog audio is muted when switching from an active HDMI source to an inactive HDMI source.'
post #3919 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I did the upgrade and no change to report. Nothing broke for me.
post #3920 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM

Who do I email or contact to get the upgraded firmware?
I know it is a number of pages back but hoped someone could save me the searching. Thanks.
post #3921 of 4311 Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon1611 View Post

Who knows? The web server reports '404 not found', telnet reports 'Main.Model=T785', but they may not be using those protocols anyway. Are you going to give us any clues NAD?
post #3922 of 4311 Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterc View Post

Who knows? The web server reports '404 not found', telnet reports 'Main.Model=T785', but they may not be using those protocols anyway. Are you going to give us any clues NAD?

I upgraded my MAD T765 (Original) with modules AM200, VM150 and VM150x. No problem to upgrade. About VM150x and network control, I can confirm the same: "404 Not Found" with HTTP and "MainModel=T765" with Telnet.
post #3923 of 4311 Old 05-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else having issues with the new AppleTV? Since I hooked it up, my T785 goes into a failsafe mode with a blue light and can only be powered off with the switch. I tried a different HDMI cable and it still does the same thing. I'm using 1.34.
post #3924 of 4311 Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N View Post

Anyone else having issues with the new AppleTV? Since I hooked it up, my T785 goes into a failsafe mode with a blue light and can only be powered off with the switch. I tried a different HDMI cable and it still does the same thing. I'm using 1.34.

I have the original and the 720p appletvs. I use te original for whole home audio and the new one downstairs for living room. My NAD t775 is in the theater room. I will let you know later today how the NAD behaves with the 720p one. The original one is fine. I tested it once.
post #3925 of 4311 Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 AM

Hi,

does anyone have a detailed guide on how to self-install these MDC modules into a NAD T775? I'm being blocked by the various retailers in the UK as they insist that I send my T775 off to NAD (at my cost) for them to fit the two modules.

J
post #3926 of 4311 Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have the original and the 720p appletvs. I use te original for whole home audio and the new one downstairs for living room. My NAD t775 is in the theater room. I will let you know later today how the NAD behaves with the 720p one. The original one is fine. I tested it once.

I finally found some time to test my 720p AppleTV 2 with my NAD T775HD (upgraded with VM150). Worked flawlessly. Both audio and video. The receiver just passed through the 1280x720p signal. Audio also worked properly.
post #3927 of 4311 Old 05-15-2012, 09:55 AM

I just purchased a T-775HD a few days ago.
Has anybody else experienced with their receiver that it wouldn't go loud enough?

I can get to about 105dB at my listening position and the audio completely cuts off for about 5 seconds and then comes back.

I would think that at 100wpc it should be able to go louder that that.
I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to the T-785HD to get 120wpc.

My speakers are:
Ft. Mains - Klipsch K-Horns
Center - Klipsch Heresy
Surrounds - Klipsch Cornwalls
Sub- Klipsch RSW12
All very efficient speakers.
Could something else be wrong?
post #3928 of 4311 Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade100 View Post

I just purchased a T-775HD a few days ago.
Has anybody else experienced with their receiver that it wouldn't go loud enough?

I can get to about 105dB at my listening position and the audio completely cuts off for about 5 seconds and then comes back.

I would think that at 100wpc it should be able to go louder that that.
I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to the T-785HD to get 120wpc.

My speakers are:
Ft. Mains - Klipsch K-Horns
Center - Klipsch Heresy
Surrounds - Klipsch Cornwalls
Sub- Klipsch RSW12
All very efficient speakers.
Could something else be wrong?

What number is ur volume set to? My klipsch reference speakers (RF5, RC7) get painfully loud when I go above -5dB. You might have a short or a blown driver in your setup.
post #3929 of 4311 Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:

What number is ur volume set to? My klipsch reference speakers (RF5, RC7) get painfully loud when I go above -5dB. You might have a short or a blown driver in your setup.

It was somewhere around the 0dB mark on the receiver volume.
All speakers & drivers are working fine. Before hooking up the T-775HD, I was using a 115 wpc Marantz receiver that could go far louder than I would ever want to listen to.

The sound quality of the NAD is awesome and I'm sure everything is connected properly.
Also, it was able complete the Audysey set-up with no problems and identified all the speakers accurately.
post #3930 of 4311 Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I listened to the NAD T757 and T765 the other day and really, really, really like their two channel capability, although I found that the T765 had a bit more control of my speakers drivers than the T757. Now, I am interested in buying a NAD receiver, but would like to get one of the new models. Unfortunately, my local dealer does not stock the T777 or T787, and won't bring one for me to audition so, I am wondering if anyone here has either model and could tell me what they think of it. Is there any difference in functionality or sound quality between the two models? Are there any issues or bugs that you have experienced. Do they sound similar to the T765 or T757? Are the new models basically the same as the old ones, but with the new vm150 card? Any other information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page