Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #4291 of 4310 Old 05-25-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Where do you live? If you live in us or canada contact Lenbrook and if you ask for the firmware they will send a link to you. Y t775hd is up to date and works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4310 Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have previously posted in this thread - I have NAD T785 with VM150 and VM150X. Ijust purchased a 4K TV (Samsung 65HU8500, the European version of HU9000). As the VM150 is an HDMI 1.4 as far as I know, it should be possible to pass through 3840x2160@24p from the PC to the receiver and then from receiver to TV.
However, the PC is not allowing me to select anything higher than 1080p. If I connect PC directly to the TV, I can set resolution to 3840x2160@24p, but not if I go through the receiver.

I am wondering what I have to do? Will and EDID customization help? If yes, how to do it?
post #4293 of 4310 Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had to edit EDID settings to get 3D to work on my Panasonic Plasma VT30 via the VM150, so you are probably right (although I have no way of verifying this).
post #4294 of 4310 Old 06-22-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Here is a what would you do situation...

I have an original T775 purchased new but not in warranty. About a year ago it started having the synch issues and dropping video signal, then it just stopped altogether. It will not recognize any HDMI output, I've tried several cables of different lengths, three different projectors and two different monitors. I opened it up and re-seated the card and some jumper cables as well. She's dead. Probably my fault, I was hot plugging and apparently that isn't the greatest thing to do.

Now I have a T775 with no video output, and I cannot access the menu to change the settings.

It has a VM100 card so I cannot connect to the phone app to acccess the settings menus. It appears that I am stuck having to upgrade to a new MDC to get access to the setup.

Some options I found....
  • Buy a new VM150 card for $600+. I only need the HDMI output though, I don't care for 3D at all and 1080P is fine, $600-$700 hurts because I just don't need all those video features.
  • Buy a new 'old stock' VM100 or VM120 card, except I can't find them.
  • Buy a used VM card somewhere, but I can't find one of those either.
  • Buy a refurbished T775 for about $800.
  • Buy a refurbished T775 HD2 for about $1300
  • Buy something else entirely, but I kinda like the NAD when it works and when the display feels like lighting up

I see people talking about the T758 as a killer and it is near the price of just a VM150 card too, the base specs don't quite match up though.

What is my best option to get my menus back and save some money, what would you do?
post #4295 of 4310 Old 06-22-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J SD View Post
Here is a what would you do situation...

I have an original T775 purchased new but not in warranty. About a year ago it started having the synch issues and dropping video signal, then it just stopped altogether. It will not recognize any HDMI output, I've tried several cables of different lengths, three different projectors and two different monitors. I opened it up and re-seated the card and some jumper cables as well. She's dead. Probably my fault, I was hot plugging and apparently that isn't the greatest thing to do.

Now I have a T775 with no video output, and I cannot access the menu to change the settings.

It has a VM100 card so I cannot connect to the phone app to acccess the settings menus. It appears that I am stuck having to upgrade to a new MDC to get access to the setup.

Some options I found....
  • Buy a new VM150 card for $600+. I only need the HDMI output though, I don't care for 3D at all and 1080P is fine, $600-$700 hurts because I just don't need all those video features.
  • Buy a new 'old stock' VM100 or VM120 card, except I can't find them.
  • Buy a used VM card somewhere, but I can't find one of those either.
  • Buy a refurbished T775 for about $800.
  • Buy a refurbished T775 HD2 for about $1300
  • Buy something else entirely, but I kinda like the NAD when it works and when the display feels like lighting up
I see people talking about the T758 as a killer and it is near the price of just a VM150 card too, the base specs don't quite match up though.

What is my best option to get my menus back and save some money, what would you do?
Try Saturday Audio Exchange and ask if they have any old cards. They kept my old ones when I updated to the vm150. Don't know if they hold onto them or junk them?
Big J SD likes this.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4296 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
If someone please help me...I have the original NAD T775 and I am skeptical to buy AM200 card because I only wanted is the decoding on the receiver to make sure that I am getting the lossless audio. I have Oppo 103, which can decode the lossless audio from a bluray disc.
So, my question is... is there any significant difference, sonically, when oppo decoded the lossless audio or bitstreamed to NAD T775 receiver?
I am not starting a war between player docoding or bitstreaming, I simply want an honest opinion for the combination of 103 and T775 equipment to justify purchasing the AM200 card. thanks.
post #4297 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryportega View Post
If someone please help me...I have the original NAD T775 and I am skeptical to buy AM200 card because I only wanted is the decoding on the receiver to make sure that I am getting the lossless audio. I have Oppo 103, which can decode the lossless audio from a bluray disc.
So, my question is... is there any significant difference, sonically, when oppo decoded the lossless audio or bitstreamed to NAD T775 receiver?
I am not starting a war between player docoding or bitstreaming, I simply want an honest opinion for the combination of 103 and T775 equipment to justify purchasing the AM200 card. thanks.
I found out that to upgrade my original T775 video also meant upgrading the AM card, they are not compatible. Not sure if it is the other way around but be sure you ask before taking the plunge, you might be stuck having to upgrade the VM as well.
post #4298 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I also have the original NAD T775 and just got the Oppo BDP-103 last fall. I, too, wondered about upgrading the audio card in my T775, but have not done so yet. Everything sounds really good now in Direct mode with the Oppo doing the decoding of the newer formats that T775 does not recognize. Might the AM200 sound better? Perhaps, but perhaps not enough difference for the cost.
post #4299 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 PM

I decided on a solution...

I found a good deal on a T187 and I will use that with a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp I have. I may trade that later for a T975 or T977 but for now it is good, it is a little noisier but the power is almost bottomless in those. That saves me at least $1K over a T787.

They are also upgrading my T775 with an AM200 and VM120 which will make it the equivalent of some of the newer T models. I might keep it for a second room system but likely will sell it while it is up to date to cover some of my costs, it is way overkill for a bedroom. My $70 two channel Onkyo is more than enough.

I probably will end up spending a few hundred more than I would have by just upgrading the cards, but this is a better equipped AVR that will get a lot more mileage in the future.
post #4300 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM

Out of curiosity, what stock model is the virtual equivalent of a T775 with a new AM200 and VM120 card?
post #4301 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 03:50 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J SD View Post
Out of curiosity, what stock model is the virtual equivalent of a T775 with a new AM200 and VM120 card?
The T777 is equivalent in functionality but it has less power than the T775.
Big J SD likes this.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
post #4302 of 4310 Old 06-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I have the T785 HD with the AM200 card in it. I also have a Oppo 95 as my transport. I have used the Oppo to decode and to bitstream to the NAD. To my old but knowledgeable ears I hear no difference. I do leave it on bitstream for BDs as I like to see what is being fed to the NAD. Some of the rental discs from Netflix will say its DTS-HD Master Audio when it just plain old Dolby Digital.
post #4303 of 4310 Old 06-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Finally got my T 187 today to replace the T 775. I also got my VM120 and AM200 cards to upgrade the 775.

First Impressions of the T187:

It is completely dead out of the box. No response to power whatsoever.

Soundstage:
None.

Ambiance:
None

Noise Floor:
BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD. Measured THD is < 0.00% though I will have to recalibrate and remeasure to believe that.

Overall:

Pros: A very quiet, cool running AVR. You can place your hand on top and not even know it is on. The face doesn't light up like a Las Vegas carnival either, a very dark and understated display. Perfect for dim room viewing. The noise floor is fantastic, there is none better in the audio industry.

Cons: I find that the bass is lacking and I have difficulty picking up on individual instruments in the upper ranges. My T 775 it had no problem with the same recordings and speakers.

I rate it an 8/10 .... Very stylish looking and gets the interface and display just right. Extremely quiet and flat, will not color your sound. Easy setup, just place it in your rack. It just doesn't give that undefinable 'oomph' that AVR's with sound and video can deliver.

Last edited by Big J SD; 06-30-2014 at 04:30 PM.
post #4304 of 4310 Old 06-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Does anyone have the latest T775 firmware?

I got fed up sitting around, I had two NAD receivers in my living room and neither one worked.

I suspected that the power supply board was not getting anything from the outlet at all. It was a factory reurb too which meant it was inspected before it went out the door, so I figured something got knocked loose during shipping.

I opened it up and sure enough, a cable connected to the PSU board was jarred just enough to not make contact. Plugged that back in, checked the rest and it powered right up.

It seemed pretty loose even when I slid it back on, it didn't take much of a jolt to knock it loose I imagine.

I once received an Onkyo that was completely dead like this too, but that time I just returned it at a huge expense to the seller. Likely the same thing happened, a simple cable fell off and it probably cost someone $500 in shipping back and forth and to the repair facility plus diagnostics. Just to reconnect a loose cable.

Glad I decided to look, it would have been gone for weeks or returned, and there are none around at the price I got...

Last edited by Big J SD; 06-30-2014 at 10:18 PM.
post #4305 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 10:13 AM

NAD T765HD2 issues

first time posting to this thread. I picked up a refurbished T765HD2 which is supposed to have the arc, cec and HD audio, but not getting any of that. There's no HDMI setting in the menu, but of course the HDMI is working. The dealer said they update the firmware before they ship out. I'm wondering if the update could have caused the problem? I have a case open with NAD just delayed communication. How do I check the firmware version? And what kind of cable do I need(think i saw 9-pin straight serial) Anyone else experienced the same?
post #4306 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome2000 View Post
first time posting to this thread. I picked up a refurbished T765HD2 which is supposed to have the arc, cec and HD audio, but not getting any of that. There's no HDMI setting in the menu, but of course the HDMI is working. The dealer said they update the firmware before they ship out. I'm wondering if the update could have caused the problem? I have a case open with NAD just delayed communication. How do I check the firmware version? And what kind of cable do I need(think i saw 9-pin straight serial) Anyone else experienced the same?
What is your video MDC module? I have the same, but I upgraded to mdc VM150, and I have HDMI setup menu.
post #4307 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 AM

I have the AM100 and VM100, but supposedly the HD2 model gives HDMI 1.4 with the VM100 card. Thanks!
post #4308 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM

just found this chart so I misunderstood and I got 3d with the HD2. I need the VM120 or the VM150. makes sense. so i just need to figure my HD audio problem.

http://nadelectronics.com/img/static/MDC-Matrix.pdf
post #4309 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 AM

OK, its user error, my blu-ray was set to PCM and as soon as I switched it to bitstream, the NAD picked up the HD audio. So I'm good with the receiver. on another topic

I'm revisiting the Martin Logan Motion speakers. Can anyone give their input on the ML motion/NAD combo?
post #4310 of 4310 Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome2000 View Post
OK, its user error, my blu-ray was set to PCM and as soon as I switched it to bitstream, the NAD picked up the HD audio. So I'm good with the receiver. on another topic

I'm revisiting the Martin Logan Motion speakers. Can anyone give their input on the ML motion/NAD combo?
Good question - your are moving in the direction I took 4 years ago. I have ML Preface for L/R and Encore TF for center/surrounds, and my sub is ML Descent i. They are 4 Ohm speakers, and my NAD T785 has no problem riving them to very high level. The combo is good, very good. However, I am not sure about the Motion series, you better have a listen...

http://www.martinlogan.com/products/preface
http://www.martinlogan.com/products/encoretf
http://www.martinlogan.com/products/descent

On several occasions, I have managed to put the NAD in protection mode, and also the Encore TF has a protection built in, it will shut off if cannot handle the power. That was on a U2 360 concert once, and then another time on Metallica concert.

Last edited by vddobrev; 07-10-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page