The NAD T775/T785 AVRs w/ HDMI 1.3 Thread! - Page 154 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #4591 of 4609 Old 08-27-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post
I have some old 775 files but nothing that new. I don't think 787 updates are compatible. I can send you what I have for 785/775 but it's like 1.16 I think from the PDF file in the zip file. You might want to email Nad/ bob Moran.

Also I don't remember ever having a settings file?
Lucky me - I went to work today and combed through my new desktop computer and found all the files that I was looking. I did not have to reload the firmware. Basically, whenever I do factory reset, the settings file don't get programmed properly and is corrupted (I am an embedded software engineer - so this is my educated guess). So, the corruption is not handled in the software such that it won't even power on properly. However, using the PC interface software I was able to communicate with it last year. So, the same thing happened this time. What I did was load the configuration file I had saved before and it came up immediately. Phew. Everything works now. So, I hope I keep these files safely somewhere from now on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4609 Old 08-27-2017, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Also, I was too tempted by the Denon AVR X4300H sale last week and I pulled the trigger. I am upgrading my theater room to Atmos soon and I figured getting the Denon 9.2 receiver with Audyssey XT32 and SubEQ with atmos and 4K pass through for about the price of a new MDC card from NAD was too tempting. I have a T763 in the living room and the T775HD in the theater room. So, I brought the T775HD to the living room so we can finally have HDMI in the living room and I might reuse the T763 as an amp only for the theater room if the Denon runs out of power. The nice thing about the T763 has main-in separately that I can use it as a pure amp. So far I am liking what the Denon is doing but I think I still like the NAD sound a little better.
post #4593 of 4609 Old 08-27-2017, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

One of the reasons I factory reset the T775 is because I had zone 2 mapped to trigger-in. WHenever the trigger in has 12V, zone2 will turn on. But now I have nothing hooked up to trigger-in and yet zone2 shows on. Why? I cannot seem to turn zone2 off. Yikes.

post #4594 of 4609 Old 09-12-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked: 1074
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. Read through the pages from 2017 and don't see this mentioned so maybe it is the wrong place...

Anyone know if the Dirac update for the NAD T 758 V3 is still coming? The price point is very appealing for a 7.1.4 system with Dirac.

My current setup.
My favorite movie review podcast, the Next Picture Show.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
post #4595 of 4609 Old 09-12-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I saw a posting for it on the 758 and 777. Not sure if it was available right away or would be released in a firmware updates

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4596 of 4609 Old 09-13-2017, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Phil Tomaskovic Cool. When you say you saw a posting, what does that mean? Was it additional information, our the actual firmware posted online?

My current setup.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
post #4597 of 4609 Old 09-13-2017, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It was a NAD article posted on Facebook that said those 2 models would have direc.
Just info, no firmware or anything.
nathan_h likes this.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4598 of 4609 Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay, thanks. Well, they are saying the right stuff. And my credit card is itchy but won't budge until the firmware is released.

My current setup.
post #4599 of 4609 Old 09-21-2017, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Greetings... great thread!

Recently noticed my T775 FR channel is dead. Others fine, including right surround. Tried analog by-pass but FR still dead.

Took it to a local service gent that usually works on 2-channel and he confirmed that the power module seems fine. FR channel isn't emitting anything from the driver stage. I likely have the wrong terminology but he could only really check whether the power module was OK.

I don't recall any module upgrades... firmware:
MCU 1.16
DSP 1.04a
UART 1.04

Generally I don't like to mess with stuff if I risk making it worse, but any thoughts on simply reseating the boards or doing a factory reset? I should have the right serial cable somewhere but haven't tried connecting to my PC to poke around, backup or upgrade.

I'll drop a note to NAD as well... just avoiding the formal local service shop until I've looked into the DIY options.

Thx...

post #4600 of 4609 Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I doubt a reset would do anything. I have had this happen on different channel# to me. Could be the amp for that channel. Also try the preamp output or zone 2 line out to another amp or even a tape deck line input if you have one and see if it gets a signal. If not then it’s not that channel output but somewhere else.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4601 of 4609 Old 09-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I doubt a reset would do anything. I have had this happen on different channel# to me. Could be the amp for that channel. Also try the preamp output or zone 2 line out to another amp or even a tape deck line input if you have one and see if it gets a signal. If not then it’s not that channel output but somewhere else.
Good idea to try the Zone 2 channels... I'll give it try in the next couple of days.
Thanks!

post #4602 of 4609 Old 10-03-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
T775 dead

My old faithful T775 died yesterday. Won't power on at all. I have not played with the triggers switch in the back, don't use triggers. Are there any fuses in the unit I should check? Thoughts? Also does anyone have a copy of the Service Manual?

Thanks!
post #4603 of 4609 Old 10-15-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcapo View Post
My old faithful T775 died yesterday. Won't power on at all. I have not played with the triggers switch in the back, don't use triggers. Are there any fuses in the unit I should check? Thoughts? Also does anyone have a copy of the Service Manual?

Thanks!
I have a copy of the service manual. Send me a private message and I'll either send it or the link (if I can find it).

post #4604 of 4609 Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulpha View Post
Good idea to try the Zone 2 channels... I'll give it try in the next couple of days.
Thanks!
Quote:
That helped, Phil! I plugged in a headphone amp and headphones on the Zone 2 and had both channels come through! Same on Pre-Amp out. This should help narrow it down... I'll post again when I have dug a little further. Cheers!

post #4605 of 4609 Old 10-15-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcapo View Post

Thanks!
So ithe display doesn’t come on at all for a few seconds and then shutdown? There are no fuses that I know of. Sounds like your power supply is shot. If it comes on briefly, then one of the boards is shot.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4606 of 4609 Old 10-15-2017, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulpha View Post
That helped, Phil! I plugged in a headphone amp and headphones on the Zone 2 and had both channels come through! Same on Pre-Amp out. This should help narrow it down... I'll post again when I have dug a little further. Cheers!
Is it only the FR? Not sure if the amp boards are separate for each channel? They will prob need to replace that channels amp.
I would also run test tones to verify all channels just to make sure you get all the bad ones fixed at th3 same time! As I said, I’ve gone through this a number of times on different channels. My dealer finally got me a new 787 from NAD.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #4607 of 4609 Old 10-16-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Is it only the FR? Not sure if the amp boards are separate for each channel? They will prob need to replace that channels amp.
I would also run test tones to verify all channels just to make sure you get all the bad ones fixed at th3 same time! As I said, I’ve gone through this a number of times on different channels. My dealer finally got me a new 787 from NAD.
Appears to only be the FR, but I haven't done a tone test... yet. I have a good test CD tucked away somewhere - good idea to check everything at once.

On that note, I've had another volume issue but it hasn't happened in a while. After being a couple (?) years old, the one day my wife and I were in the kitchen when all of sudden the volume started quickly ramping up. I ran into the living room to turn it down to avoid blowing speakers etc. I has happened a few times since then but not for a while. I'm also curious whether volume in general is quieter than it should be (used to be?). The Service Manual is excellent and indicates that there's options to check/tweak/replace components in various stages of gain - leads me to believe that should take it in to my local authorized shop to have them give it a good checkup. Previously experience with them was that service was typical for high-end shops: took longer, charged more, weren't as technically savy as hoped. But at least they have (should have?) the tools that I don't have.... hmmmmm.

Thanks again for the kick in the right direction, Phil!

post #4608 of 4609 Old 10-16-2017, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
So ithe display doesn’t come on at all for a few seconds and then shutdown? There are no fuses that I know of. Sounds like your power supply is shot. If it comes on briefly, then one of the boards is shot.
Total brick, no response at all to power. The display doesn't come on at all.

There ARE 2 buss style fuses on the main board I saw after finally pulling the cover off, but both were in good shape. At this point I've got it into Definitive Audio for service. =(
post #4609 of 4609 Old 10-16-2017, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
One of the reasons I factory reset the T775 is because I had zone 2 mapped to trigger-in. WHenever the trigger in has 12V, zone2 will turn on. But now I have nothing hooked up to trigger-in and yet zone2 shows on. Why? I cannot seem to turn zone2 off. Yikes.
I believe you have to hold down the Zone 2 power off button or the main power off button for several seconds to click off Zone 2.

Living Room - Monitor Audio Gold 100, Monitor Audio CP-IW460X center, Monitor Audio CP-CT380IDC, SVS-SB2000 X 2, Samsung UN55F9000, Oppo BDP-93, Playstation 4, NAD M15HD2, NAD M27

Dedicated Theater in Process - KEF XQ20, KEF XQ50C Center, KEF Ci200QR, NAD M15Hd2, NAD M25, Sony Playstation 3, Samsung DLP TV - (future projector), Subs TBD -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page