2Likes

post #991 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post

Definitely works on the 785. Maybe 765 doesn't do it?

Thats what I originally thought, so I bought the T775 as I believed it could do a component->HDMI...

Is there something I might have missed in the setup of my receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupp View Post

Thats what I originally thought, so I bought the T775 as I believed it could do a component->HDMI...

Is there something I might have missed in the setup of my receiver?

Component to HDMI works fine for me. Be sure that the component input is set to a resolution that your monitor will support over HDMI. Since there is no scalar in the T775 it outputs the same resolution over HDMI as the component input. A lot of TVs do not support 480i over HDMI.
post #993 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 07:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I could be wrong, I thought I was told that it would upconvert from composite and S-video, but not cross convert from component. But hey, that's why I hang out here and listen to users as you guys put the gear through all the possible variations that can happen. It takes me months to learn everything a product can or can't do by myself. A of the small quirks just get hidden and pop up in situations we don't often have.

John
post #994 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1010 View Post

Component to HDMI works fine for me. Be sure that the component input is set to a resolution that your monitor will support over HDMI. Since there is no scalar in the T775 it outputs the same resolution over HDMI as the component input. A lot of TVs do not support 480i over HDMI.

What resolution are you doing over component? Is this a dvd player? If so, can you set output to 480p and see if it plays a widescreen dvd properly? My tv reports that it gets a 4:3 signal from my Sony dvd player. If I take my hd Toshiba dvd (A2) and connect via component, it works ok with 1080i, tv goes in full (widescreen) mode but with 480p displays a 4:3 picture and I have to manually put in in full mode. Of course the tv has a setting to automatically expand 4:3 signals, but I don't want to do that to "real" 4:3 pictures.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #995 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Will 775 and 785 take DSD over hdmi and process it for SACD? I saw an Oppo said it would send DSD over HDMI. If NAD receivers do this, is there any limitation to 2ch or would it also do 5.1 SACD? Do any NAD dvd players send SACD/DSD over hdmi?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #996 of 4310 Old 01-17-2008, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Will 775 and 785 take DSD over hdmi and process it for SACD? I saw an Oppo said it would send DSD over HDMI.

man I wish these new NAD's (T175, T785, T775) would decode DSD over HDMI but they don't. I have an Oppo DV-980H, I wish I could use this feature (DSD), however, it does send it as LPCM over HDMI (still waiting to experiment with it).
post #997 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:

My TV supports 1080p (Samsung 52M87) so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll se if I have time today to mess around with the settings again. Can I reset it to factory defaults in the OSD?
post #998 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:

What resolution are you doing over component? Is this a dvd player? If so, can you set output to 480p and see if it plays a widescreen dvd properly? My tv reports that it gets a 4:3 signal from my Sony dvd player. If I take my hd Toshiba dvd (A2) and connect via component, it works ok with 1080i, tv goes in full (widescreen) mode but with 480p displays a 4:3 picture and I have to manually put in in full mode. Of course the tv has a setting to automatically expand 4:3 signals, but I don't want to do that to "real" 4:3 pictures.

XBOX 360 with 720p no issue. Maybe if I went down to 480p I would have the same issue you are having, i'll try it out this weekend.
post #999 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

XBOX 360 with 720p no issue. Maybe if I went down to 480p I would have the same issue you are having, i'll try it out this weekend.

I'd appreciate that.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #1000 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 AM

Now I got the 360 to work, with 720p I got "scrolling vertical bars" in dark scenes. With 1080i It was perfect, 1080p wouldn't work (strange). The PC is still messed up, but it COULD be the HDMI cable, will try another one when I can borrow one from a friend. Cabel TV->Coax->T775->HDMI->Samsung 52M87 = no go. But I guess that is my TV's fault as it probably doesn't support that resolution over HDMI.

All in all it has worked out quite good (if it's just the HDMI cable from my PC that is not working), BUT there's something that iREALLY bothers me, I hope that it's just me not knowing what I'm doing, and not that the NAD FW is designed by monkeys (at the moment I have FW version 1.11). When I watching TV/Cable (digital coax 5.1 surround) I choose "Listening mode: Pro logic/surround", but when I switch over to my music player (digital optical 2.0 stereo) the NAD remembers the previous listening mode (Pro logic/surround), since the music is not in 5.1 but stereo I have to either open the OSD and switch the listening mode to "Stereo" or press the "Surr. mode" button on my remote several times to get stereo. When I want to watch TV again I have to do the same thing over again (choose Pro logic). If I have to keep changeing the surround mode for every time that I switch A/V source I think I'm going to go crazy!

So PLEASE tell me that there is some way to get the T775 to remember each input's listening mode!
post #1001 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now I got the 360 to work, with 720p I got "scrolling vertical bars" in dark scenes. With 1080i It was perfect, 1080p wouldn't work (strange). The PC is still messed up, but it COULD be the HDMI cable, will try another one when I can borrow one from a friend. Cabel TV->Coax->T775->HDMI->Samsung 52M87 = no go. But I guess that is my TV's fault as it probably doesn't support that resolution over HDMI.

All in all it has worked out quite good (if it's just the HDMI cable from my PC that is not working), BUT there's something that iREALLY bothers me, I hope that it's just me not knowing what I'm doing, and not that the NAD FW is designed by monkeys (at the moment I have FW version 1.11). When I watching TV/Cable (digital coax 5.1 surround) I choose "Listening mode: Pro logic/surround", but when I switch over to my music player (digital optical 2.0 stereo) the NAD remembers the previous listening mode (Pro logic/surround), since the music is not in 5.1 but stereo I have to either open the OSD and switch the listening mode to "Stereo" or press the "Surr. mode" button on my remote several times to get stereo. When I want to watch TV again I have to do the same thing over again (choose Pro logic). If I have to keep changeing the surround mode for every time that I switch A/V source I think I'm going to go crazy!

So PLEASE tell me that there is some way to get the T775 to remember each input's listening mode!

You can define different AV Presets and then assign a different preset to each source. But also for any given preset, you can define what listening mode you want for Dolby surround vs 2.0 vs DTS vs default digital.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #1002 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:

You can define different AV Presets and then assign a different preset to each source. But also for any given preset, you can define what listening mode you want for Dolby surround vs 2.0 vs DTS vs default digital.

Aha, GREAT! Then it was just me being stupid (as always), not the highly skilled engineers at NAD (sorry for my previous statement regarding monkeys btw).

Regarding my 1080p problems, my FW version is 1.11 and as I have come to understand by reading this thread that this FW version actually should be able to handle 1080p just fine (not really sure what's the change between 1.11 and 1.13). I've tried my HDMI cables separatly (I've got 2x5m, PC->5m HDMI->T775->5m HDMI->TV) by connecting the computer directly to the TV, and both of the cables work as they should (perfect 1:1 pixelmapping). If I'm right in my assumption that v1.11 should be 1080p "bug free", could it be a cable length issue? I've had problems before when I tried to use a 10m HDMI cable (1080p) between my computer and my TV. Anybody else who have had problems with 2x5m/10m HDMI cables and the T775?

I'm using the surround back amp output to power one speaker in another room (Zone 2), I've got the ZR-4 remote to work and I'm very pleased with this feature. But once again I've run into some problems. When Zone "1"/main amp is on then I can't listen to any other source in Zone 2 than the one currently selected in Zone 1, if both sources use a digital input. Is it not possible to listen to a digital source in Zone 1 and a diffirent digital source in Zone 2 at the same time? Not that it's a big deal as I can use analog input for the source that I want to listen to in the other room, but then I don't have to use several inputs for one source...

Almost forgot, thanks very much for all your help!
post #1003 of 4310 Old 01-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me that 1080p component -> hdmi doesn't work. Any HD-DVD or BluRay content is not supposed to be sent over component and it wouldn't surprise me if hdmi licensing prohibits 1080p transcode. The Xbox will only do 1080p movies over VGA anyways. If you had the HD add-on, you might find the 1080p starts working w/ the HD movie since the XBox is really putting out 1080i for this content.
post #1004 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoo View Post

Doesn't surprise me that 1080p component -> hdmi doesn't work. Any HD-DVD or BluRay content is not supposed to be sent over component and it wouldn't surprise me if hdmi licensing prohibits 1080p transcode. The Xbox will only do 1080p movies over VGA anyways. If you had the HD add-on, you might find the 1080p starts working w/ the HD movie since the XBox is really putting out 1080i for this content.

That sounds very plausible. I haven't tried the component out from my T775, but I'm very pleased with the picture quality when using 360, 1080i->component->T775->HDMI->TV. That being said, I am expecting a new 360 with HDMI output in a couple of days, and then I can now for sure if the 1080p works as it should :-)
post #1005 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:

yes, basically I don't see widescreen over 480i or 480p over component unless I tell the tv to stretch it. TV says it is getting 4:3 signal. thanks!

Confirmed this is the case also with my 785 via component, TV says it is receiving 4:3 when I have my DVR set to output 16:9. Not a big issue since TV can change aspect but certainly doesn't seem "right."
Also, I upgraded to 1.13 and am still having the popping noise as well as a heck of a time setting up Audyssey no matter how long I sit in silence before/after plugging in mic...takes multiple attempts to get YES from each speaker. This 2nd time around setting it all up yielded slightly different results from my first setup, nothing to write home about. And the popping noise is the most problematic when the EQ is engaged vs off so personally I'm thinking it has something to do with that processing. If not everyone is having this issue though, perhaps I and/or a few others have a faulty unit re the EQ...seems odd it nearly goes away when EQ is off.
post #1006 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughej View Post

Confirmed this is the case also with my 785 via component, TV says it is receiving 4:3 when I have my DVR set to output 16:9. Not a big issue since TV can change aspect but certainly doesn't seem "right."
Also, I upgraded to 1.13 and am still having the popping noise as well as a heck of a time setting up Audyssey no matter how long I sit in silence before/after plugging in mic...takes multiple attempts to get YES from each speaker. This 2nd time around setting it all up yielded slightly different results from my first setup, nothing to write home about. And the popping noise is the most problematic when the EQ is engaged vs off so personally I'm thinking it has something to do with that processing. If not everyone is having this issue though, perhaps I and/or a few others have a faulty unit re the EQ...seems odd it nearly goes away when EQ is off.

Thanks, I will call NAD support again on Monday and pass this on. I was getting popping sounds occasionally espically during one show a few weeks ago when skipping commercials on my dvr. But it is not that noticable now. I turned down my sub level alot and then verified it with the test tones and a sound level meter so that it is close to my fronts in level. Can you tell whether the popping is coming out of a front speaker vs the sub?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #1007 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrcr View Post

I get a popping sound when using my PS3 when the T175 is switching sound formats and at times, I will get a buzzing sound from my left front speaker only from movies or games. I have talked with Mike from NAD and he suggested the firmware upgrade

Quote:

I upgraded to 1.13 and am still having the popping noise. The popping noise is the most problematic when the EQ is engaged vs off so personally I'm thinking it has something to do with that processing

Quote:

I was getting popping sounds occasionally espically during one show a few weeks ago when skipping commercials on my dvr. But it is not that noticable now. I turned down my sub level alot and then verified it with the test tones and a sound level meter so that it is close to my fronts in level

this "popping" noise issue really bothers me, it seems to be a universal issue. Also not sure if v1.13 even addresses this problem.
post #1008 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

this "popping" noise issue really bothers me, it seems to be a universal issue. Also not sure if v1.13 even addresses this problem.

Looks like the popping noise may be more universal then we thought. From reading through the post here and on the 175 Forum it looks like it may have to do with the Audyssey setup. I know I had no popping until I was able to set up the Audyssey and turn it on. My popping is very rare and seems to be coming from my surround speakers. Like I said my popping is rare, probably once every 4-5 hours. Some nights I have no issues at all. I was going to upgrade from 1.10 to 1.13 this weekend but I need to get at RS232 to USB cable. Hopefully others here will be able to tell us if v. 1.13 fixes their popping issues.
post #1009 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Hello All,

It's been a long time since I've been able to be involved in these forums (have a 16month old, keeps us very busy). Anyway, I wanted to also add something here on the 'popping' issue.

I've been emailing Bob Moran back and forth over 10 times on this issue as they are trying to resolve it (so they ARE working on it). V113 did not fix the issue totally, but did fix Audyssey. Below is a copy of my original email to Bob with my exact issue (may be the same as all you with the same 'popping' problem). It's very specific to HDMI input on my T-785.

Again, their engineers are working on this problem, so all hang in there. All new receivers with Audyssey (or other 'auto cal' system), and especially HDMI are having one issue or another and are comming up with firmware updates (NAD is not the only one). HDMI's HDCP is really a bugger for a lot of manufactures.

Thanks for this thread, is has a lot of information!!!!

Email:

I've finally spent some time with my T-785 (incredible receiver by the way!). There are some issues that I think are software related that you may have also heard from other customers. I have updated the software to V113. Before V113, there were problems with Audyssey figuring out 'type of speaker' and 'out of phase'. Also, there was a strong "POP" from the speakers, especially from the sub when changing to any source or shutting down the receiver.

After applying V113, most of the problems have been resolved. There is one specific "POP" from the speakers that occur only under a specific condition. This is:

When DVD is playing (and kept in a playing mode).
Audyssey is on in the DSP (on any curve - Audyssey, NAD, or Flat)
Source is changed to another source and then back to the DVD.

When this occurs, there is a "POP" from the speakers. If the DVD is put in 'stop' mode, this does not occur. Not sure if this is an issue with Audyssey, or HDCP (HDMI) or the combination of both. I know that HDMI has been a nightmare for software engineers due to HDCP and this may be one of the issues. The NAD is connected to the TV through HDMI and any other source playing that is up-converted (Component - HDMI), does not cause this problem, only a source that is connected to the NAD through HDMI.

Also, this does not occur when DSP is turned off, everything plays fine, indicating that the cables are fine (I did test other cables to rule this out) and that the issues is with Audyssey (possibly with HDCP).At the moment I'm keeping DSP off - not sure if the "pop" will damage any of the equipment.

Thought I would let you know since I know that you are continuously working on software issues as all others are in the business.

Ray

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

post #1010 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post

V113 did not fix the issue totally, but did fix Audyssey. Again, their engineers are working on this problem, so all hang in there.

really appreciate your detailed input cavchameleon, I'm sure they (NAD) will get these issues resolved at some point.

Quote:

All new receivers with Audyssey (or other 'auto cal' system), and especially HDMI are having one issue or another and are comming up with firmware updates (NAD is not the only one). HDMI's HDCP is really a bugger for a lot of manufactures

yeah I know
post #1011 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hello All,

It's been a long time since I've been able to be involved in these forums (have a 16month old, keeps us very busy). Anyway, I wanted to also add something here on the 'popping' issue.

I've been emailing Bob Moran back and forth over 10 times on this issue as they are trying to resolve it (so they ARE working on it). V113 did not fix the issue totally, but did fix Audyssey. Below is a copy of my original email to Bob with my exact issue (may be the same as all you with the same 'popping' problem). It's very specific to HDMI input on my T-785.

Again, their engineers are working on this problem, so all hang in there. All new receivers with Audyssey (or other 'auto cal' system), and especially HDMI are having one issue or another and are comming up with firmware updates (NAD is not the only one). HDMI's HDCP is really a bugger for a lot of manufactures.

Thanks for this thread, is has a lot of information!!!!

Email:

I've finally spent some time with my T-785 (incredible receiver by the way!). There are some issues that I think are software related that you may have also heard from other customers. I have updated the software to V113. Before V113, there were problems with Audyssey figuring out 'type of speaker' and 'out of phase'. Also, there was a strong "POP" from the speakers, especially from the sub when changing to any source or shutting down the receiver.

After applying V113, most of the problems have been resolved. There is one specific "POP" from the speakers that occur only under a specific condition. This is:

When DVD is playing (and kept in a playing mode).
Audyssey is on in the DSP (on any curve - Audyssey, NAD, or Flat)
Source is changed to another source and then back to the DVD.

When this occurs, there is a "POP" from the speakers. If the DVD is put in 'stop' mode, this does not occur. Not sure if this is an issue with Audyssey, or HDCP (HDMI) or the combination of both. I know that HDMI has been a nightmare for software engineers due to HDCP and this may be one of the issues. The NAD is connected to the TV through HDMI and any other source playing that is up-converted (Component - HDMI), does not cause this problem, only a source that is connected to the NAD through HDMI.

Also, this does not occur when DSP is turned off, everything plays fine, indicating that the cables are fine (I did test other cables to rule this out) and that the issues is with Audyssey (possibly with HDCP).At the moment I'm keeping DSP off - not sure if the "pop" will damage any of the equipment.

Thought I would let you know since I know that you are continuously working on software issues as all others are in the business.

I probably should have but when I installed the update, I only did the firmware part, there also is a DSP update (I think it was 1.02b vs I have 1.02a); there is also an update for Ipod control or something like that. So do they think the DSP update is also related to fixing the popping?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #1012 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Is it true that the GUI/OSD is sent as 720P only. My Mits only accepts 480i, 480P, or 1080i. If 720P is sent it is scrambled.
post #1013 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4scuba View Post

Is it true that the GUI/OSD is sent as 720P only. My Mits only accepts 480i, 480P, or 1080i. If 720P is sent it is scrambled.

My Sony tv reports the signal as 720p when the OSD is active. Not sure if the receiver can send anything else as part of negotiating. Is this over hdmi or component?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #1014 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Can you tell whether the popping is coming out of a front speaker vs the sub?

For me the loudest comes from the front left speaker, though I've had smaller pops in other speakers as well. Mine is also not specific to HDMI, or at least not HDMI from source. It does pop with my DVR which is linked to 785 via HDMI, but the worst pop came from my DVD player which is component video and coax digital audio. That worst also only came at volume of -11 or above and only with the EQ enabled. I have speakers as old as the DVD player Phil jested about on a previous post so I toyed a little with what exactly created the pop and didn't - figuring if I lost a speaker I'd just have another "good" reason to upgrade, that didn't happen
This isn't to say it's not HDMI related though since I have HDMI going to display so it's possible that the signal's source isn't specific to the problem but rather that HDMI is in the signal path at all? Was also wondering if adjusting the speaker settings at all from the Audyssey's choices played a factor, have others experiencing the popping done this too? For me I adjusted the fronts/center from large setting to small with 60/80 Hz sub cutoff as that seemed more appropriate for their size and capabilities to me. I may have to go back to the DVD and adjust them back to Audyssey defaults to see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4scuba View Post

When my TV is powered off and I hit the OSD, it says that it's sending 480i - it switches to 720p as soon as I turn on my TV, so I'd say it prob defaults to one of those 2 resolutions depending upon the capability of the display?
post #1015 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstiles4 View Post

Hopefully others here will be able to tell us if v. 1.13 fixes their popping issues.

My popping is unchanged after upgrade to latest firmware, and I did all 3 parts to include the DSP 1.02b and the iPod which I think was 1.03. I wouldn't say Audyssey was totally fixed for me though either; however I was not getting the speaker type error msg, only the out of phase msg which could be more about my room decor and placement for all I know...just tests the patience when it takes 5-6x through to get Yes on each speaker.

I've kinda done nothing but complain on this board either so should say despite the issues I've had I'm still very pleased with the overall sound and capability, just very anxious about waiting for fixes and excited about making up my mind on HD player(s) to really realize it's full potential. I'm upgrading from an old Marantz receiver and can say I prefer the sound of the NAD but would shy away from trying to characterize my preference as it's just a subjective opinion. Though it is clear by the ease with which sound fills my space that it's dwarfing the power of the Marantz which was stated as 100x7.
post #1016 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM

My OSD says 576i on the receiver display

tv is a panasonic 42" SD Plasma
post #1017 of 4310 Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Well I'm hoping there's a fix where the NAD will accept Component for video and HDMI for audio (my case - yeah part of that so-called small world that still owns an older Component HDTV RPTV). I'm unable to get any settings that will let me enjoy the digital HDMI audio along side the Component signal from my PS3 or Toshiba A35.
post #1018 of 4310 Old 01-20-2008, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the replies about the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the 3rd View Post

Well I'm hoping there's a fix where the NAD will accept Component for video and HDMI for audio (my case - yeah part of that so-called small world that still owns an older Component HDTV RPTV). I'm unable to get any settings that will let me enjoy the digital HDMI audio along side the Component signal from my PS3 or Toshiba A35.

Just curious, are there any receivers that will allow this?
post #1019 of 4310 Old 01-20-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

I have upgraded to 1.13 and still have the popping noise from my front right speaker when I change channels or pause/ play on my DVR. I have no sub. If I hook up to my ***** 3808ci I dont have this noise. I'm at a point where I'm ready to return the unit. Is there a chance replacing it will help, or is this likely to happen with another unit? I am also considering going separates instead, with a T175 and possibly Emotiva IMC-1. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Scott
post #1020 of 4310 Old 01-20-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescendoM3 View Post

I have upgraded to 1.13 and still have the popping noise from my front right speaker when I change channels or pause/ play on my DVR. I have no sub. If I hook up to my ***** 3808ci I dont have this noise. I'm at a point where I'm ready to return the unit. Is there a chance replacing it will help, or is this likely to happen with another unit? I am also considering going separates instead, with a T175 and possibly Emotiva IMC-1. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Scott

Changing from the 785 to the 175 probably wont make a difference when it comes to the popping noise. According to the 175 forum there are people complaining about the occasiional popping noise as well. The problem seems to be the way NAD is handeling the Audyssey EQ. I cannot comment on changing over to the Denon AVR, but if you look at the Denon forum they have their share of problems as well. I guess you will have to decide which set of problems you would rather deal with until a firmware fix is in place.

Quote:

My popping is unchanged after upgrade to latest firmware, and I did all 3 parts to include the DSP 1.02b and the iPod which I think was 1.03. I wouldn't say Audyssey was totally fixed for me though either; however I was not getting the speaker type error msg, only the out of phase msg which could be more about my room decor and placement for all I know...just tests the patience when it takes 5-6x through to get Yes on each speaker.

I've kinda done nothing but complain on this board either so should say despite the issues I've had I'm still very pleased with the overall sound and capability, just very anxious about waiting for fixes and excited about making up my mind on HD player(s) to really realize it's full potential. I'm upgrading from an old Marantz receiver and can say I prefer the sound of the NAD but would shy away from trying to characterize my preference as it's just a subjective opinion. Though it is clear by the ease with which sound fills my space that it's dwarfing the power of the Marantz which was stated as 100x7.

It is great that we have this forum to address any issues that may be universal to the NAD AVR. It may seem like there is a lot of complaining but its really just all of us trying to get answers so our AVR's can reach their full potential. I think if you took a survey of what people thought of the "sound" coming out of the NAD's it would show that most owners are extremely happy.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page