post #271 of 2001 Old 11-19-2007, 06:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemical_head View Post

3. I know its been asked, but has anyone had any lip sync issues with either the 82 or the 92?

I've got the 92's big brother, the 94TXH. I've got three players connected to it: Oppo 970, Panny BD30 and the Toshiba XA2. I haven't had to make ANY adjustments for audio delay (lip-sync). Every disc I've tried in any player has been spot-on with the factory defaults settings on the 94TXH.

FWIW, that was NOT my experience with the Pioneer 72TXV that I just removed from the rack. I had significant lip-sync issues between the 72TXV and my XA2. Easily adjusted for using the 72TXV's audio delay adjustment, but still a hassle.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2001 Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To answer as to what will be displayed on the 92 with a Toshiba A30 it will only show PCM since the A30 decodes DD+ and True Dolby HD internally. I took my A30 and exchanged it for a A35 which will allow you to bitstream directly to the reciever.
post #273 of 2001 Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemical_head View Post

For all of you previous owners of the 82 I have a few questions:

1. What was the firmware upgrade for on the 82?

2. Is the 92 just that much better? I know it offers 1.3 HDMI and 1080p upscaling, but I am not completely sold on 1.3. As far as the 1080p, my projector is only 720p, so it is a moot point.

3. I know its been asked, but has anyone had any lip sync issues with either the 82 or the 92?

I have the 54 and have been very happy with it. I have been considering the 705 and 805 from Onkyo, but I am worried about the lip sync issues. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kemical_Head

1: the firmware update was for an LFE issue and an HDMI handshake issue with certain cable boxes.

2: the 1.3 allows the full decoding through bitstream of all advanced codecs. the upscaling is a moot point if you are sunning an HDMI anyway, as it will only upscale an analog signal.

3: I have never had 1 sync issue with either receiver and have watched about 100+ movies through either receiver.

The Onkyo's have random lip sync issues and run very hot.
post #274 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 424
I just got off the phone with Pioneer (again) about the DD+ audio dropout issue over bitstream using the Toshiba XA2. I was told this was a Toshiba problem and that Pioneer had no plans to go any further. Considering that Denon and Sony have issued firmware upgrades to address the problem, Pioneer should too.

PLEASE give Pioneer a call about this. It seems they are trying to skate around the issue. Keep the pressure on them to fix this problem.

They can be reached at (800) 421-1404.

post #275 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreP View Post

I was able to download a file from this page. It was listed about 1/3 of the way down. I don't know if it will be suitable for the 92.

The MCACC software version 1.4 on Pioneer Website does not seem work with the new receivers, it gives an error message when you try to download the data.

Try it and let us know if you have the same problem, only one other guy reported this problem since no one seems to have tried it. I called Pioneer and they never returned the call, I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago and they replied that they would get back to me on this and they never did...

Hello Pierre,

I have the 94 and receive the same error when attempting to transfer the data to my laptop with version 1.4. I've been in contact with a pioneer rep, and after navigating different areas of Pioneers site with him the 94 does not show a specific software program download as you would find for the 84 for instance. The guy who would know the answer/solution is not back in the office until tomorrow and I will either get a call or I will try back the next couple days. When I receive some concrete info on getting this feature operational I will post here and in the 94 thread.

post #276 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

I just got off the phone with Pioneer (again) about the DD+ audio dropout issue over bitstream using the Toshiba XA2. I was told this was a Toshiba problem and that Pioneer had no plans to go any further. Considering that Denon and Sony have issued firmware upgrades to address the problem, Pioneer should too.

PLEASE give Pioneer a call about this. It seems they are trying to skate around the issue. Keep the pressure on them to fix this problem.

They can be reached at (800) 421-1404.

David...
Here is the latest from my end. I had called Pio last week about my DD+ dropout problems on a few movies. They took all my info including name/phone number and told me that the engineers would look into it. Well, early this afternoon, the Pio rep called me back and told me that they have been in touch with Toshiba due to the calls they got regarding this problem. Toshiba confirmed to them that it is on their end and they are working on the problem. Then they told them to tell customers that version 1.3 should rectify some if not all the dropout issues.
So I updated to 1.3 using the iso and low and behold...I played 3 movies today that prev. gave me fits...Transformers, King Kong and Shooter. All 3 played flawlessly bitstreaming that DD+ track. So they might be telling the truth. I sure hope I don't have any further issues. Time will tell but so far so good for me.

Also, I've read that people have had success with changing HDMI cables for whatever that's worth.

Edit: Why it seems like some people are having success with AVR updates, some people are having success with different cables and now I've had success with version 1.3 on my A35...I have no clue how this all relates to the dropouts. It's been a weird thing.
post #277 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughman View Post

Hello Pierre,

I have the 94 and receive the same error when attempting to transfer the data to my laptop with version 1.4. I've been in contact with a pioneer rep, and after navigating different areas of Pioneers site with him the 94 does not show a specific software program download as you would find for the 84 for instance. The guy who would know the answer/solution is not back in the office until tomorrow and I will either get a call or I will try back the next couple days. When I receive some concrete info on getting this feature operational I will post here and in the 94 thread.

Hi, thanks for the reply, finally there is other people who has tried the software and confirmed that it does not work. I have e-mailed the Pioneer REP for Quebec and I asked him to try his 94 and he also confirmed that it does not work. He told me that he contacted Pioneer Japan about this and that he will contact me as soon as he gets an answer. Maybe if we are a few that puts pressure on Pioneer we will finally have them aknowledge this problem. I was not impressed by their service so far... Hopefully, a new version of the PC program will solve this, I would not like to have to send my receiver to have the firmware upgraded...
post #278 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Had Lip Sync issue for the first time since owning this receiver tonight. Selected DolbyTrueHD and Spiderman 2.1 and it was most definitely off. Did realize till maybe 15 minutes into the movie. I just hit pause on the BD30 blu-ray player and then play again and it was no longer an issue the rest of the way thru. Strange. Everything else has been flawless with this receiver.
post #279 of 2001 Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM

New topic: I noticed after popping in "Hairspray" that the 7.1 indicator with DTS-Master on my reciever came on during the New Line Hi-Def logo (which in itself sounds amazing), but the indicators during the movie show 5.1 even though the rear surround speakers are in fact active. It's definitely playing back 7.1 so I assume it's just that the disc is not flagged correctly. Anyone else notice??
post #280 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 AM

Hello,

A new Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH is on his way to my home and I can't wait to replace my old Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K with this baby.

This is my second HDMI capable receiver. I had an Onkyo 805 but too many problems occurred with this unit (popping issues and the heat was unbelievable)

I hope this new receiver works for me. I love the sound and looks of Pioneer.

Regards,

Sergio Carlos Perez-More

"Long Live Dolby TrueHD & DTS HD Master Audio"

post #281 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Hello, I just bought the VSX-92TXH and im having problems with it. I have my 360 hooked up with component cables and my HD-cable box and blue-ray hooked up with HDMI cables. The problem is that i get audio from my blu ray and cable box but no video. i've switched the hdmi cables but still no-joy. When I hook up the cable and blu ray direcrly into my tv it works fine. If u guys can help me out here i would really appreciate it. Thanks
post #282 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_44 View Post

Hello, I just bought the VSX-92TXH and im having problems with it. I have my 360 hooked up with component cables and my HD-cable box and blue-ray hooked up with HDMI cables. The problem is that i get audio from my blu ray and cable box but no video. i've switched the hdmi cables but still no-joy. When I hook up the cable and blu ray direcrly into my tv it works fine. If u guys can help me out here i would really appreciate it. Thanks

It sounds like there are problems with your input assignments. Go into the MCACC screen and choose the input settings. You have to assign each input. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. If your cable box is in HDMI 1, then assign it under the video part. The manual may explain it a little better under settings, but this is what it sounds like is happening.
post #283 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs913 View Post

It sounds like there are problems with your input assignments. Go into the MCACC screen and choose the input settings. You have to assign each input. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. If your cable box is in HDMI 1, then assign it under the video part. The manual may explain it a little better under settings, but this is what it sounds like is happening.

Well i got my Cable to work but still nothing on my Blu-ray ive called Pioneer ans samsung and they dont know what's goin on. I can get to the setup fine when its hooked up to the rcvr but once a movie starts playing it gives me a signal on the tv screen. what im thinkin of doin is hookin it straight to my tv and sending audio cables yp the rcvr.
post #284 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 58
what BD player are you using?

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #285 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Just got my 92 last night.
I was trying to decide between the Pioneer, the Yamaha and the Denon.
I am replacing my Marantz 9200 (140wx7 but no HDMI).
I loved my Marantz but the new ones are $2000+.
Im hoping the Pioneer will suffice.
Hope everything runs smoothly or its going back!
post #286 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post

what BD player are you using?

BD-P1400 Samsung
post #287 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J View Post

David...
Here is the latest from my end. I had called Pio last week about my DD+ dropout problems on a few movies. They took all my info including name/phone number and told me that the engineers would look into it. Well, early this afternoon, the Pio rep called me back and told me that they have been in touch with Toshiba due to the calls they got regarding this problem. Toshiba confirmed to them that it is on their end and they are working on the problem. Then they told them to tell customers that version 1.3 should rectify some if not all the dropout issues.
So I updated to 1.3 using the iso and low and behold...I played 3 movies today that prev. gave me fits...Transformers, King Kong and Shooter. All 3 played flawlessly bitstreaming that DD+ track. So they might be telling the truth. I sure hope I don't have any further issues. Time will tell but so far so good for me.

Also, I've read that people have had success with changing HDMI cables for whatever that's worth.

Edit: Why it seems like some people are having success with AVR updates, some people are having success with different cables and now I've had success with version 1.3 on my A35...I have no clue how this all relates to the dropouts. It's been a weird thing.

I hope Toshiba plans on releasing a firmware update for the XA2 to fix this problem. If they can fix the A35 with a firmware update they should be able to fix the XA2.
post #288 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Hi all,

Version 2.0 of the MCACC software will be out soon. I just received my version today.

Thanks for your patience.

Fred

Frederic Bourgeois, CTS
Senior Sales Representative
Southern Quebec, Greater Montreal and Ottawa
Pioneer Electronics of Canada
post #289 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Audioman View Post

Hi all,

Version 2.0 of the MCACC software will be out soon. I just received my version today.

Fred

Cool. What issues does it fix? And how does one update the 92's firmware without an ethernet port? Thanks.
post #290 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post

Cool. What issues does it fix? And how does one update the 92's firmware without an ethernet port? Thanks.

Hi Paradigm,

You missunderstood the post, it is the new MCACC PC software to download the room acoustic readings to your computer that will be out soon, not the firmware for the 92 which sould be fine hopefully

Pierre
post #291 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

oh.. my bad. guess i just get to excited and don't really read thoroughly sometimes. thanks.
post #292 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Audioman View Post

Hi all,

Fred

Thanks Fred.

post #293 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I just hooked up my 92TX last night. I had an 82TX and I must say I think Pioneer has taken a step back in the build area. Seems every year it does. Knobs don't seem as smooth. Haven't done the MCACC setup yet. Also it looks like the put a red led behind the blue digital processing light?
post #294 of 2001 Old 11-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
one question i did have for all you guys was. Where do you guys find the firmware updates for the receiver?
post #295 of 2001 Old 11-22-2007, 04:29 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering why you would want True HD sent out of the HD DVD player as bitstream? I have my XA2 send decoded LPCM to my receiver and it sounds great. What can I gain in sound quality if bitstream is sent?

Thanks,
post #296 of 2001 Old 11-22-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalat View Post

Hi,

I'm wondering why you would want True HD sent out of the HD DVD player as bitstream? I have my XA2 send decoded LPCM to my receiver and it sounds great. What can I gain in sound quality if bitstream is sent?

Thanks,

Usually when you let the dedicated decoders in the Pioneer decode the TrueHD, you will get a slightly more dynamic soundstage. You are getting nothing added from the XA2. Theoretically, the PCM should be the same as the track, but it does not sound the same. I think that the BD/HD players are adding something to the mix during decoding. Probably has to do with the computer chips and their processing of the track, I am not sure. When I sent the TrueHD out through PCM from my PS3 it sounded great. Now I have the Panny BD30 and it bitstreams out the TrueHD, it sounds much better on the same discs/scenes tested. I noticed in many different scenes that the soundstage is much more dynamic and has better cleaner effects from the surrounds. Also, the center channel always seems to be prominent. It seemed more laid back at times with the decoding from the PS3.
post #297 of 2001 Old 11-23-2007, 04:33 AM

Hi

Just a question, my dealer and his installer recommended that I set the output to the speakers to 6 OHMS from 8 OHMS. I haven't tried this yet, but I read an article this morning about doing this on an ARCAM, they went to 4 OHMS, and it improved the overall sound of the system.
Has anyone tried this? I didn't see a post on this subject (I was looking with my Man eyes).
Liking the unit, the only problem is when I power down the HD DVD player first I get a big popping sound as it shuts off. I've learned to power down the 92 first.

Regards
post #298 of 2001 Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 AM

Qre the main differences between the 92 & 91 one less HDMI input and 20w per channel? Am I missing anything else. I believe the 91 also does the dolby HD and Master HD decoding itself too, right?
post #299 of 2001 Old 11-23-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaplante View Post

Hi

Just a question, my dealer and his installer recommended that I set the output to the speakers to 6 OHMS from 8 OHMS. I haven't tried this yet, but I read an article this morning about doing this on an ARCAM, they went to 4 OHMS, and it improved the overall sound of the system.
Has anyone tried this? I didn't see a post on this subject (I was looking with my Man eyes).
Liking the unit, the only problem is when I power down the HD DVD player first I get a big popping sound as it shuts off. I've learned to power down the 92 first.

Regards

i have a 94 but i did change it to 6ohms (all my psb speakers are 6) and it sounds great now if it improved the sound from 8 im not sure

my setup
and setup vid
post #300 of 2001 Old 11-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Got my Pioneer 92 today and got it all hooked up. It was a breeze considering I had to deal with a hd dvr, vcr, hd dvd player, and x-box 360. Waiting on my Pioneer Elite blu ray player which will arrive this Monday. In the meantime, I tried Superman Returns with DD HD and wow, what a difference it made to me vs DD audio track. Lost about 30 mins getting the analog connections to work with the x-box 360 so, went ahead and hooked it up with an optical cable to get it over with. Now, I am working on programming this receiver with my Harmony 659 model. So far so good but, can't get it to switch to tv mode on the receiver after I added a stupid input that I can't get the remote to ignore. Will have to call on Monday. Quick question: Are there any HD-dvds with DTS HD MA audio out already. If not, I guess I will have to wait till Monday to hear it. Thanks Robert with Value Electronics.com for the great price and quick delivery.

Mr Ian B
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Vsx 92txh Elite Home Theater A V Receiver , Sony Bdp S1 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Yamaha Rx V995 Surround Receiver With Dolby Digital And Dts Decoding , Pioneer Elite Bdp 94hd Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page