Official Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had another question, if someone wouldnt mind chiming in. I have everything hooked up to the receiver, and one HDMI out to the tv. One thing though is when i change channels on Directv, it takes a few seconds and i get sort of a green flicker. I mean Directv always took couple seconds to switch channels since i have the STB set to native, but i never had a green flicker. It doesnt really bother me to much, just wondering if this or something like this is normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 01:23 PM

This is hard to describe, but I will do my best...

On my VSX92, the past few times I have had it on, it will make the "cick" sound at random intervals during use, the same sound it makes when you power on or off (not sure what it is exactly). This has happened the last three times I have used it. The first two times, it was on for a couple hours, and then I heard the click. Nothing seems to be impacted when this happens, there is no break in the sound or anything. The last time it happened, the unit had only been on for a few minutes. Again, nothing seemed impacted.

This is a relatively new unit, I have had it a couple months I guess. The only thing that I can think of that has changed in my setup, is my Time Warner HD/DVR box received new software, a new UI. I have that connected to the rcvr thru HDMI, so maybe could it be causing something to happen? I don't know, just brainstorming. I thought maybe it might be initiating some sort of HDCP handshake or something, which resulted in the rcvr clicking noise.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts before I call tech support. Again, it seems to be working fine, I just hope this isn't an indication of something failing.

Thanks.
post #723 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

I had another question, if someone wouldnt mind chiming in. I have everything hooked up to the receiver, and one HDMI out to the tv. One thing though is when i change channels on Directv, it takes a few seconds and i get sort of a green flicker. I mean Directv always took couple seconds to switch channels since i have the STB set to native, but i never had a green flicker. It doesnt really bother me to much, just wondering if this or something like this is normal?

The problem is more likely due to your directtv box set up to change resolutions depending on what the channel is outputting. fFr instance if ABC outputs 720p and NBC outputs 1080i then the 92 has to re-sync to the new output each time the channel changes. If you change from one channel to the next and they are both the same resolution you won't have a delay, because the 92 doesn't have to re-sync. Change the directtv box to output a "fixed" resolution no matter what the station outputs. Just set up your directtv to always output 720p or 1080i at all times and ignore what the channel is broadcasting.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #724 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajandrew View Post

This is hard to describe, but I will do my best...

On my VSX92, the past few times I have had it on, it will make the "cick" sound at random intervals during use, the same sound it makes when you power on or off (not sure what it is exactly). This has happened the last three times I have used it. The first two times, it was on for a couple hours, and then I heard the click. Nothing seems to be impacted when this happens, there is no break in the sound or anything. The last time it happened, the unit had only been on for a few minutes. Again, nothing seemed impacted.

This is a relatively new unit, I have had it a couple months I guess. The only thing that I can think of that has changed in my setup, is my Time Warner HD/DVR box received new software, a new UI. I have that connected to the rcvr thru HDMI, so maybe could it be causing something to happen? I don't know, just brainstorming. I thought maybe it might be initiating some sort of HDCP handshake or something, which resulted in the rcvr clicking noise.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts before I call tech support. Again, it seems to be working fine, I just hope this isn't an indication of something failing.

Thanks.

The click the 92 makes when powering on/off is the sounds of the amps and capacitors power up an down. Are you sure the sound you're hearing isn't more like the sound you hear when you change inputs?

post #725 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 02:08 PM

I am not 100% positive. I will investigate more thoroughly tonight. I wasn't changing inputs when it happened, but if that sound is the amps and what not powering up or down, I would think my current source would have been interrupted. I will see if I can confirm it is the receiver tonight...
post #726 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post

The problem is more likely due to your directtv box set up to change resolutions depending on what the channel is outputting. fFr instance if ABC outputs 720p and NBC outputs 1080i then the 92 has to re-sync to the new output each time the channel changes. If you change from one channel to the next and they are both the same resolution you won't have a delay, because the 92 doesn't have to re-sync. Change the directtv box to output a "fixed" resolution no matter what the station outputs. Just set up your directtv to always output 720p or 1080i at all times and ignore what the channel is broadcasting.

That makes sense, thanks a bunch i appreciate it.
post #727 of 2001 Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Anytime metal, glad to help.

post #728 of 2001 Old 05-20-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:

The click the 92 makes when powering on/off is the sounds of the amps and capacitors power up an down. Are you sure the sound you're hearing isn't more like the sound you hear when you change inputs?

I played with it some more last night, and my receiver doesn't make any sounds when switching inputs (I have everything connected via HDMI, so maybe that's why). I did try changing the listening mode though, and that made the clicking sound. I assume this was from the extra amps powering up and down for 5.1 vs 7.1, etc. Anyway, that's the sound. It was set on the movie mode, and I changed it to standard last night, so I'll try that for a while and see if anything is different. Anymore thoughts?
post #729 of 2001 Old 05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I was wondering how this works. I mean i ran it and it set everything up, even got my speaker distances right. So does this mean that every other mode i listen to, as in PLII and different sounds modes, will be using the settings that the MCACC made?

When i hit the MCACC button on the remote, i notice there are a bunch of different ones you can have. The first one i did is on memory 1, so if i have that on memory 1 should i be all set using all the other modes? And if i keep hitting the button on the remote until it says off, does this mean my speakers will be out of whack?

I also notice when you hit the MCACC button, then hit down on the remotes direction pad, that all sorts of other things come up. EQ, S-WAVE, DELAY, MID/LDN, TONE, S. RTRV, DNR, DIALOG E, HIBITSMP, DUAL, DRC, LFE, SACD GAIN, HDMI, A. DELAY.

Needless to say i am overwhelmed.

EDIT: Also, i have another question. I currently have my volume at -30db. How high can i go without worrying about damaging my speakers? I have Polk RTi10's, CSiA4, and RTiA1's.
post #730 of 2001 Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was wondering how this works. I mean i ran it and it set everything up, even got my speaker distances right. So does this mean that every other mode i listen to, as in PLII and different sounds modes, will be using the settings that the MCACC made?

Yes all modes will use your memory 1 MCACC settings

Quote:

When i hit the MCACC button on the remote, i notice there are a bunch of different ones you can have. The first one i did is on memory 1, so if i have that on memory 1 should i be all set using all the other modes? And if i keep hitting the button on the remote until it says off, does this mean my speakers will be out of whack?

There are 6 programmable memories on the 92. So if you want to manually tweak your MCACC settngs you could have memory 2 setup for stereo 2-channel music, maybe memory 3 for video games and so on. You can also have memory settings for preset MCACC settings such as:

See page 37 of manual for info on the following memory settings:
ALL CH ADJUST
SYMMETRY(this s what your memory 1 is set at)
FRONT ALIGN

Quote:

I also notice when you hit the MCACC button, then hit down on the remotes direction pad, that all sorts of other things come up. EQ, S-WAVE, DELAY, MID/LDN, TONE, S. RTRV, DNR, DIALOG E, HIBITSMP, DUAL, DRC, LFE, SACD GAIN, HDMI, A. DELAY.

Each of the 6 memory setting can store these settings individually.

Quote:

EDIT: Also, i have another question. I currently have my volume at -30db. How high can i go without worrying about damaging my speakers? I have Polk RTi10's, CSiA4, and RTiA1's.

This depends on your speakers, and depending on room size -30 isn't all that loud. For instance the MCACC settings are done with the volume set at "0". You'll see the volume drop to "0" when you start MCACC and go back up again when it's complete.

post #731 of 2001 Old 05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes all modes will use your memory 1 MCACC settings

There are 6 programmable memories on the 92. So if you want to manually tweak your MCACC settngs you could have memory 2 setup for stereo 2-channel music, maybe memory 3 for video games and so on. You can also have memory settings for preset MCACC settings such as:

See page 37 of manual for info on the following memory settings:
ALL CH ADJUST
SYMMETRY(this s what your memory 1 is set at)
FRONT ALIGN

Each of the 6 memory setting can store these settings individually.

This depends on your speakers, and depending on room size -30 isn't all that loud. For instance the MCACC settings are done with the volume set at "0". You'll see the volume drop to "0" when you start MCACC and go back up again when it's complete.

Ok i'm getting the grasp of this a little better now, thank you for explaining all that for me. It's a shame i have to go to work soon, all i can think about is my new HT system lol. But on the plus side i have a 5 day weekend starting thursday, plenty of time to mess around with it. Sweeeet!!

Oh and by the way, this is the speaker set up i have.

Fronts Polk RTi10's
Center Polk CSiA4 (just upgraded to CSiA6)
Surrounds Polk RTiA1's
Sub (still looking for one)
post #732 of 2001 Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been using PLII movie, while i am watching tv and movies. Now i just turned on my XBOX 360 for the first time with this receiver, and when i hit the standard button on the remote to get to PLII movie, game, etc etc, I cant. It just says DIGITAL. Could somebody tell me what i am doing wrong, i still have no clue about all the different audio settings.
post #733 of 2001 Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Does the game output Doldby Digital or is it just stereo. Any stereo signal will show PII, game etc... while a digital signal will show DIGITAL. To test it pop in a DVD and it should be digital then pop the game back in.

post #734 of 2001 Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does the game output Doldby Digital or is it just stereo. Any stereo signal will show PII, game etc... while a digital signal will show DIGITAL. To test it pop in a DVD and it should be digital then pop the game back in.

Ok, so i grabbed a movie and popped it in my XBOX 360. On the movies main menu i had the choice of PII, game etc. Then when i hit play, the receiver said DIGITAL. Then i popped the game (GTA4) back in, and it says DIGITAL. So is this good then, do i want to see it say DIGITAL, is DIGITAL better than PII?

And how about with the PS3, me and the GF watched untraceable on bluray the other night, and i had it on PII movie. It didnt say DIGITAL, but i'm guessing this is because its bluray and uses the Dolby True HD or DTS HD. But how do i know if in fact i am getting the HD audio, because it still said PII movie on the receiver?

Wow, there is definetly a learning curve with all this for someone who is just getting into it, but its very fun at the same time. I dont expect to learn it all overnight (wish i could though lol).
post #735 of 2001 Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

PLII is for turning stereo signals into 5.1. You want DIGITAL, because thats Dolby Digital. Here's a link with explanations of all the Dolby formats and their intended use. http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...y_digital.html

As for the PS3 this may take a while before you completely understand it, but I'll give it a quick shot (forgive me if I have typos it's late and I'm rushing).

The PS3 works in two modes:

Bitstream - Sends the audio format to the receiver to decode.
LPCM - The PS3 internally decodes the audio format.

To change the PS3 from Bitstream to LPCM mode hit the triangle button during a movie (or movie menu), toggle over to "AV SETTINGS" and scroll to the bottom. Then you'll be able to switch modes on the fly.

LPCM Mode:
For any HD audio format(TrueHD, DTS-HD MA) you must use LPCM on the PS3 because the PS3 cannot send "HD audio" over Bitstream for the receiver to decode. When you use LPCM and let the PS3 do the decoding your 92 will ALWAYS display PCM on it's display. The reason it will display PCM is because the PS3 is decoding the HD audio internally and sending PCM to the 92. If you want to see what the PS3 is decoding hit square button on the remote during a movie and you'll get the PS3 bit meter that will say TrueHD or DTS-HD MA at the top.

If you do not switch the PS3 to LPCM for HD audio the PS3 willdowngrade the HD audio to plain Dolby Digital or DTS. Also don't forget for each movie you must go into the Blu-ray disks menu and under audio or languages select TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. otherwise it might default to Dolby Digital or DTS.

Bitstream Mode:
This is the mode to use for Dolby Digital & DTS. When in this mode the receiver is doing the decoding so you'll see DIGITAL or DTS on the 92 display.

You can use LPCM mode for EVERYTHING and let the PS3 do all the decoding, but you will always see PCM on the 92 display for all movies whether they be HD audio or plain old DD & DTS. Just remember to go into the BD or SD menu of each movie and select the audio format.

Also on the PS3 you should hit triangle and toggle over to VOLUME and increase it to +1. You only have to do this once and never again. The PS3's decoding level is set too low by default.

I know all of this is confusing, and I'll have more time to explain it in more detail in the morning. This was just a quick intro to setting up the PS3, because I didn't want to leave you hanging in the middle of the night.

Legairre

post #736 of 2001 Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

PLII is for turning stereo signals into 5.1. You want DIGITAL, because thats Dolby Digital. Here's a link with explanations of all the Dolby formats and their intended use. http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...y_digital.html

As for the PS3 this may take a while before you completely understand it, but I'll give it a quick shot (forgive me if I have typos it's late and I'm rushing).

The PS3 works in two modes:

Bitstream - Sends the audio format to the receiver to decode.
LPCM - The PS3 internally decodes the audio format.

To change the PS3 from Bitstream to LPCM mode hit the triangle button during a movie (or movie menu), toggle over to "AV SETTINGS" and scroll to the bottom. Then you'll be able to switch modes on the fly.

LPCM Mode:
For any HD audio format(TrueHD, DTS-HD MA) you must use LPCM on the PS3 because the PS3 cannot send "HD audio" over Bitstream for the receiver to decode. When you use LPCM and let the PS3 do the decoding your 92 will ALWAYS display PCM on it's display. The reason it will display PCM is because the PS3 is decoding the HD audio internally and sending PCM to the 92. If you want to see what the PS3 is decoding hit square button on the remote during a movie and you'll get the PS3 bit meter that will say TrueHD or DTS-HD MA at the top.

If you do not switch the PS3 to LPCM for HD audio the PS3 willdowngrade the HD audio to plain Dolby Digital or DTS. Also don't forget for each movie you must go into the Blu-ray disks menu and under audio or languages select TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. otherwise it might default to Dolby Digital or DTS.

Bitstream Mode:
This is the mode to use for Dolby Digital & DTS. When in this mode the receiver is doing the decoding so you'll see DIGITAL or DTS on the 92 display.

You can use LPCM mode for EVERYTHING and let the PS3 do all the decoding, but you will always see PCM on the 92 display for all movies whether they be HD audio or plain old DD & DTS. Just remember to go into the BD or SD menu of each movie and select the audio format.

Also on the PS3 you should hit triangle and toggle over to VOLUME and increase it to +1. You only have to do this once and never again. The PS3's decoding level is set too low by default.

I know all of this is confusing, and I'll have more time to explain it in more detail in the morning. This was just a quick intro to setting up the PS3, because I didn't want to leave you hanging in the middle of the night.

Legairre

Thanks, its greatly appreciated and i look forward to hearing more.
Thanks for that link as well.
post #737 of 2001 Old 05-22-2008, 04:20 AM

I've searched the thread but can't seem to find the answer.

I run a 7.1 system and love the DPLIIx processing of 5.1 sources. Will the 92 matrix high resolution BD formats via HDMI to 7.1 using the DPLIIx mode?

Thanks.
post #738 of 2001 Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

If you are interested in buying one of these, you may want to contact your local Tweeter. Well, that is if you like saving $500...

Tweeter is an authorized seller and you can only buy from their store. I do not know how long the sale is, nor do I know if it is available Nationwide.

http://www.**************/forums/hot-deals/831172?

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #739 of 2001 Old 05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInNVa View Post

If you are interested in buying one of these, you may want to contact your local Tweeter. Well, that is if you like saving $500...

Tweeter is an authorized seller and you can only buy from their store. I do not know how long the sale is, nor do I know if it is available Nationwide.

http://www.**************/forums/hot-deals/831172?

Its available till the end of the month at all Tweeter stores, $799 Pioneer Elite 92.
Also they have buy one get one free Polk RTi10's for $480 (for the pair).
post #740 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Legairre -- I just wanted to post my note of thanks for all the help that you have provided to the other members. You are providing yeoman's service to the 92TXH community. I've finally finished reading through this entire thread (whew ).

I just got my 92TXH last Friday, but haven't installed it yet. It will be replacing my 1014TXV. I don't have a BD player yet either, I will be getting one in about 2 months though (I'm leaning towards the new Pioneer 05FD, if my budget will allow). In the meantime, I've been reading the manual (the PDF version is much easier to navigate) and this thread. Your, and other, posts had me bouncing back and forth to the applicable pages in the manual. My experience setting up the 1014 has helped a little too. With all of the AVR options, the manual is more daunting than the 1014 was (at least it is thorough, if a little confusing at times).

Right now my only sources are an upconverting SD DVD player (component & HDMI), my DirecTV HR20-700 (component & HDMI), and a Pioneer DLV-919 Laserdisc player (composite & S-Video only, 2-channel audio w/matrixed, Dolby, surround). Since my 1014TXV doesn't have HDMI connections, I'm running everything via component connections (& S-Video for the 919) to my projector (106" screen ) and the HR20 to my 32" flat panel HDTV via HDMI. Once I get the 92TXH installed, the connections will change of course (to HDMI, where applicable). My full equipment list is in my Profile.

I'm looking forward to using this "bad boy" and I'm sure I will have some questions. The manual does not beat personal experience, IMHO.

I would like to contribute my 2 cents worth. I was a little skeptical about the MCACC auto calibration on my 1014, even though it sounded great, so I looked around for a decent audio calibration tool (the ones included on the AVIA and DVE DVDs just didn't cut it, IMHO).

I found a really good audio calibration CD that is designed to work with the Radio Shack sound level meter (the analog version is the preferred one). It's the "Rives Audio Test CD 2" (http://www.rivesaudio.com/software/softframes.html) and it is a good double check on the MCACC setup. In addition to the usual 20Hz to 20KHz tests, it uses 1/3 octave swept test tones (from 20Hz to 20KHz), which are matched to the RS meter response curves for maximum accuracy. After using the MCACC, I ran a manual calibration (on my 1014) just to see how good the internal calibration was (the distances were dead on). It turned out that the only difference was a slight cut on the center channel and my sub-woofer needed a touch more boost. It also suggested that the surrounds were a little too high, but they sounded very good, so I wound up not changing them.

- Claus {non-Santa model}
post #741 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:

Its available till the end of the month at all Tweeter stores, $799 Pioneer Elite 92.
Also they have buy one get one free Polk RTi10's for $480 (for the pair).

BB will do a price match if you have a local Tweeter store.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #742 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Billy View Post

Yes i know, i bought mine at BB because i had a $450 gift card. So i only paid $350 out of pocket for this receiver. All though not every BB will do it, i went to four different BB's until someone would finally be willing to price match Tweeter. The first three BB's said theres no way they can do it, i fought with them on it as much as i could, talked to managers, etc etc. But the final BB i went too had no problem doing it at all. Every store is different.
post #743 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Billy View Post

except I am about 8 months too late

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #744 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, i'm watching National Treasure Book of Secrets on bluray using the PS3. I made sure the PS3 is set to LPCM. I also made sure that Dolby True HD was selected in the movie. I tured up the volume on the PS3 to +1 as well. And when i hit info it shows Dolby True HD up in the top left corner of the screen.

Now what should the receiver set to, or does it not matter because the PS3 is decoding? My receiver says PLII Movie right now.

Also is it normal to have to turn the receiver volume up a little more For Dolby True HD, and for Dolby Digital as well. I notice i have to turn it up to about -25, to hear it decently. And how high can i safely turn it up with my Polk RTi10's.
post #745 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, i'm watching National Treasure Book of Secrets on bluray using the PS3. I made sure the PS3 is set to LPCM. I also made sure that Dolby True HD was selected in the movie. I tured up the volume on the PS3 to +1 as well. And when i hit info it shows Dolby True HD up in the top left corner of the screen.

Now what should the receiver set to, or does it not matter because the PS3 is decoding? My receiver says PLII Movie right now.

Also is it normal to have to turn the receiver volume up a little more For Dolby True HD, and for Dolby Digital as well. I notice i have to turn it up to about -25, to hear it decently. And how high can i safely turn it up with my Polk RTi10's.

I believe it should say PCM but it looks like you have some additional processing going on.
Set it to True Direct and I think it will read PCM.

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #746 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

metal83, just hit the "Standard" button on the remote until you see "Auto Surround". Leave the receive in Auto Surround mode and the 92 will select the mode based on the incoming signal and you'll never have to worry again. Also the 92 should read PCM.

Hey you did a great job with the PS3 and BD. Looks like you have every running really well.

Legairre

post #747 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 PM

VSX-92TXH - I have a pair of speakers in another room wired to the the Surround Back terminals (speaker B). I am beginning to suspect that I cannot set a source independent for this other room from the main room where I have my F/C/S speakers and display setup. Methinks that Speaker B will not function as an independent Zone 2 with a seperate amp. I'd like to watch TV in Room A while others say are listening to CD music in Room B? Possible?

Anyone want to confirm the bad news?
post #748 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

metal83, just hit the "Standard" button on the remote until you see "Auto Surround". Leave the receive in Auto Surround mode and the 92 will select the mode based on the incoming signal and you'll never have to worry again. Also the 92 should read PCM.

Hey you did a great job with the PS3 and BD. Looks like you have every running really well.

Legairre

Thanks Legairre. I appreciate the explanation and tips you gave me the other night, that helped out a lot.

In regards to the Auto Surround, you mean hit the S.Direct button (instead of Standard) correct? Because i can only seem to find an Auto Surround function by hitting S.Direct.

I'm Now watching another Movie, Aliens VS Predator 2 on Bluray. When i hit the info button on the PS3 remote, it says DTS-HD MA. I did what you suggested, and set the receiver to Auto Surround. But it doesnt say PCM on the front of the receiver, its lighting up as Stereo.
I threw in the last movie i watched with Dolby True HD to see if it would change, but when Auto Surround is selected, it still says Stereo. Hmm what am i doing wrong?
post #749 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInNVa View Post

I believe it should say PCM but it looks like you have some additional processing going on.
Set it to True Direct and I think it will read PCM.

I have Auto Surround, Direct, and Pure Direct. Nothing that says True Direct though, unless True Direct is Pure Direct.
post #750 of 2001 Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

metal, it seems as thoough the 92 is only receiving a stereo signal. Go to the PS3 and give this a try.

on the PS3

1) goto SETTINGS
2) toggle down to SOUND SETTINGS
3) select HDMI
4) select MANUAL
5) select check boxes for EVERYTHING thats 5.1

Remember once HD audio is decoded by the PS3, it sends PCM to the receiver. I'm guessing your PS3 by default only has the PCM 2 channel boxes checked off and not the LPCM 5.1 boxes. Without the 5.1 boxes checked off the PS3 is downconverting your PCM to 2 channel stereo.

My system is 7.1 so I check all the boxes, just make sure you don't check the 7.1 boxes since you have a 5.1 system.

Legairre
LL
LL

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Vsx 92txh Elite Home Theater A V Receiver , Sony Bdp S1 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Yamaha Rx V995 Surround Receiver With Dolby Digital And Dts Decoding , Pioneer Elite Bdp 94hd Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page