Official Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 2001 Old 12-01-2013, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for that nice little write up Jerry. It was a pleasure getting you all fixed up.

However I must address a few things in your post.

First, I don't ever remember telling anyone that I felt it was a capacitor problem. I go to great lengths to not indicate what i do to repair these boards. And that is my response to anyone that has asked in the past.

I am also surprised at the number of people that think that resonator is the problem. That Pioneer Tech Bulletin you indicate has been out for years and years. Yet I still consistently gets boards from people who have taken there receiver to a Pioneer ACS or sent it to pioneer, only to have it fail again at a later date. Which they then end up sending me their boards.

To date I have probably done hundreds of these boards and have not had any come back again with the repairs that I do. But, I am not going to get into just what I do since I do make a profit on this although it is very small for what I charge. I do it more to help those in need then for the money.

But those who wish to can try changing any of the suggested parts that I have seen posted over the years but as I have already seen, sometimes it will work for a while, but you will eventually end up sending your boards to me. And I will be happy to help. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2001 Old 12-16-2013, 06:02 PM

Please forgive me up front if I have missed this topic, but I need some help and I am a total NOOB!  :)

Is there a way for me to enjoy 5.1 surround sound when using an optical/spdif cable?  My Gaming PC sound output is connected to VSX-92TXH via optical/spdif cable but I only get sound out of RF, Middle and LF speakers.  Now the sound is very good, but I would really like to enjoy the rear channels as well as the sub.  Is there a setting or something I can do to achieve this?

Thanks in advance. 

The reason I have opted to not use HDMI it to avoid any lag (that would effect gaming). 

post #1983 of 2001 Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM

You just submitted a fairly silly question into a pretty well respected, technical thread. i may be wrong but most of us on this thread are not having to deal with A/V sync latency issues. Having said that, we all know about codec timing differences and feel your pain. Try some of the gaming forums for some answers. All digital inputs; fiber, coax,HDMI will behave differently with various receivers.

If you have a receiver or processor that allows each input delay to be adjusted individually, then you are golden...otherwise...you might consider a separate gaming platform...
MosFetMan
post #1984 of 2001 Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM

Sorry about the "silly"?.  Thanks for your reply.  I did do some digging and learned that my sound card was not using dolby or dts.  I was trying to confirm that the issue was not with the pioneer, but understand now differently. 

Thanks again.

post #1985 of 2001 Old 02-28-2014, 05:39 AM

hi there , i'm a new member here,i am from Greece.I own a pioneer vsx-lx 60 (92thx's european name) and i have a damaged awx8871 board.I had it checked by an official  pioneer service and they told me that it is the saw resonator CSS1716 but they inform me that pioneer said to them that the only way is to change the board,which board is out of stock.

I read here that Macgyver can fix this.I am so dissapointed that if it is possible i wil send it to him to fix it for me.Could you tell me if it is possible to be fixed?I cannot use the receiver because as the engineer said the resonator(or transmitter) is responsible for another problem,when i volume up to 0 (it has a range -80 to +20) it stops playing and the red dot-phase control (in front of the receiver) blinks.

thanks a lot.

post #1986 of 2001 Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 AM

You can email me to discuss: macgyver566@gmail.com
post #1987 of 2001 Old 03-01-2014, 03:15 AM

you have an email.thanks for the response. 

The specific problem is the hdmi out.it doesnt give video.but the hdmi in are all ok.when i put an hdmi cable to hdmi in  it gives sound. 

post #1988 of 2001 Old 03-02-2014, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
guys- Just went to hook my 92 for the first time in about 4 yrs- ran my BR to hdmi 1 and then out from the 92 to hdmi3(arc) on my new samsung 8000- I do not get anything- no picture no sound- I tried switching thru inputs but still nothing- the red HDMI light on front does not go on -what am I doing wrong- thanks
post #1989 of 2001 Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM

Liked: 13
When I set mcacc to OFF, the reciever doesn't use my speaker distance and level settings but rather appears to use factory default settings.
Is there something I'm not setting up correctly?
I set my distance and levels via the 'manual setup' section of the setup OSD. Seems odd that turning off mcacc should cause the system to ignore my manual settings?!?
post #1990 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Turning off MCACC won't do it (why do you want to turn it off anyway) but use Pure Direct mode will.

When you manually entered speaker information, you should manually re-do your MCACC calibration by skipping the speaker settings part. This way, you get MCACC properly calibrated to your new speaker setting without the need to turn it off.
post #1991 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Turning off MCACC won't do it (why do you want to turn it off anyway) but use Pure Direct mode will.

When you manually entered speaker information, you should manually re-do your MCACC calibration by skipping the speaker settings part. This way, you get MCACC properly calibrated to your new speaker setting without the need to turn it off.

I like the sound of my system without any adjustments. I had another reciever hooked up and ran it direct so the system used the speaker distance and level settings, nothing else.
I would like to try the pioneer in this mode for comparison purposes. But if turning off the mcacc forces all my speakers to be set at 10 ft and all levels at 0 then it won't be a fair comparison wink.gif
post #1992 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like you are using the Pure Direct mode which will turn off all processing including the speaker settings. Alternatively, you can use Direct mode which turns off everything except speaker settings. Turning off MCACC (use the MCACC button) should not reset speaker settings.
post #1993 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you are using the Pure Direct mode which will turn off all processing including the speaker settings. Alternatively, you can use Direct mode which turns off everything except speaker settings. Turning off MCACC (use the MCACC button) should not reset speaker settings.

I've tried the direct and pure direct modes. But in those 2ch source defaults to stereo - I like my 2ch to run dts neo which isn't an option with pure direct.

Strange, but turning the mcacc off definately sets my speaker level to factory default instead of using my manual settings. And this is without direct/pure direct being enabled.
post #1994 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidan View Post

I've tried the direct and pure direct modes. But in those 2ch source defaults to stereo - I like my 2ch to run dts neo which isn't an option with pure direct.

I thought you don't want any processing smile.gif
Quote:
Strange, but turning the mcacc off definately sets my speaker level to factory default instead of using my manual settings. And this is without direct/pure direct being enabled.

Reading through the manual, it appears all manual speaker settings are stored in MCACC settings. If you turn MCACC off, there is no manual speaker settings. Instead of turning MCACC off completely, try turning the individual features like Room EQ and phase correction off.

I still don't understand the need to turn off MCACC. You can manually setup speaker sizes and subwoofer settings and let MCACC do the rest.
post #1995 of 2001 Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidan View Post

I thought you don't want any processing smile.gif
Quote:

Reading through the manual, it appears all manual speaker settings are stored in MCACC settings. If you turn MCACC off, there is no manual speaker settings. Instead of turning MCACC off completely, try turning the individual features like Room EQ and phase correction off.

I still don't understand the need to turn off MCACC. You can manually setup speaker sizes and subwoofer settings and let MCACC do the rest.

Haha....well, I don't want any colorazation of the sound via EQ/PhaseControl/etc... Channel seperation for stereo sources into dts neo is somthing I'm very familiar with so it won't upset my comparisons.

I think I'll try enabling mcacc and setting all the features within it to OFF. Thats a great idea.
update: Just spoke with Pioneer and they affirmed what you mentioned; if mcacc is off then it in effect turns off the speaker level and distance settings since those are stored in the mcacc memory.
post #1996 of 2001 Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Hello,

I bought this beast about 5 years ago or so. I just pulled it out and hooked it up in our new house. I ran into some troubles maybe you guys can help me out.

I only have 5 speakers and a SW with this guy. Two up front, one in the center, and the other two behind me. When I run the MCACC with that setup it tells me there is a SB Error. However, when I hook those guys to to the Surround output, the MCACC runs fine and gives me no troubles. I do not see where you can deactivate the side speakers and only run 5. There is an option to turn off the back speakers. Which is not what I want.So unless I hook up the rear speakers to the side, I cannot get the MCACC to work. Is this the case? Am I only going to get what I want if I don't get what I want?

Also, the setup of this system is a rubiks cube. I know enough about A/V but I want to know why there is so many different options for EQ and whatnot. I always run my stuff on EXT. STEREO because it is the only one that sounds best. But I know for a FACT I am not gaining any better sound. I have Polk Definitive speakers, so I know they can sound a lot better then what I am hearing. Does anyone know of a place I can go to get a breakdown of what all the EQ's mean and what is the best to run on everything?

Thanks in advance. I really hope I get some answers here.

post #1997 of 2001 Old 05-13-2014, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/477134684VSX92TXHOperatingInstructions0807.pdf

Check page 39, I think you want to set yours to ZONE 2

Surround back speaker setting
• Default setting: Normal (default)
There are several ways you can use the surround back
speaker channels with this system. In addition to a
normal home theater setup where they are used for the
surround back speakers, they can be used for bi-amping
the front speakers or as an independent speaker system
in another room.
1 Select ‘Surr Back System’ from the System Setup
menu.
See Making receiver settings from the System Setup menu
above if you’re not already at this screen.
2 Select the surround back speaker setting.
• Normal (default) – Select for normal home theater
use with surround back speakers in your main
(speaker system A) setup.
• Speaker B – Select to use the (surround back) B
speaker terminals to listen to stereo playback in
another room (see Speaker B setup on page 57).
• Front Bi-Amp – Select this setting if you’re biamping
your front speakers (see Bi-amping your front
speakers on page 57).
• ZONE 2 – Select to use the (surround back) B
speaker terminals for an independent system in
another zone (see MULTI-ZONE listening on page 59).
3 When you’re finished, press RETURN.

Eric
post #1998 of 2001 Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 AM

I'm sorry to say that I still have no change. I get no sound from the rear speakers. When I run the MCACC with these speakers set to the side, I get all the sound, but when I set them to the rear, I keep getting a Error message.

post #1999 of 2001 Old 05-17-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

When you run 5.1, hook up the surround speakers to the side surround channel. That's the only way to run 5.1 (surround backs are for 7.1 setup).
post #2000 of 2001 Old 05-17-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 134
+1
5.1 consists of two surround speakers, which should be arrayed on the side walls, not in back. Of course, you can position the speakers in the rear if you want. But, they still have to be connected to the surround terminals on the receiver as that's where the surround sound will play in a 5.1 system. The back terminals only have sound in a 7.1 system.
post #2001 of 2001 Old 08-16-2014, 09:04 PM

HDMI Control

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro 1150 tv hooked up to the VSX-92 TXH via HDMI cable to HDMI out. I have my HD-DVR also hooked up via HDMI cable to the HDMI 1 input which I labelled Satellite. I turned on the HDMI control for both the tv and audio receiver. When I turn off the tv the audio receiver also turns off. (that's exactly what I need it to do.) When I turn the tv back on, the audio receiver also turns back on but changes from the HDMI input 1 which I labeled Satellite, to TV/SAT input which I'm not even using so the picture is blank.

Any ideas?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Vsx 92txh Elite Home Theater A V Receiver , Sony Bdp S1 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Yamaha Rx V995 Surround Receiver With Dolby Digital And Dts Decoding , Pioneer Elite Bdp 94hd Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page