Official Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH thread - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2011 of 2018 Old 07-05-2015, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by repairtech View Post
Did the receiver have sound output when you tested it with nothing in the HDMI out?

If it did have sound what happens with the receiver after you plug into the HDMI out?
Repairtech, I am having the same issue. After a nearby lightning strike, my HDMI out no longer works. I have removed the HDMI board, but don't think I have the skills to replace the chip.

How can I contact you as I am unable to PM at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2018 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Hi guys I'm wondering if someone can help me with my hdmi problem...
1st HDMI out is going into my oppo 103d
2nd HDMI out is going into my cable box (Comcast)
3rd HDMI out is a HDMI cable I have laying on top of my surge protector waiting to be used for my laptop for rew.
The problem I'm having is the 3rd port won't give me any audio or video through this. HOW can I change this on the avr is there a button or menu screen where this can be set to being on....or should it just work when I plug my laptop into the HDMI wire.
Thanks in advance
Mike

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...oot-boxes.html
The STONE HAMMERS sub box build 4/20 cubic boxes tuned @ 16hz.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...land-area.html
2015 GTG meet Plainfield IL. (Chicago land area)
post #2013 of 2018 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
If it helps, I recently replaced my 92 and I'm happy to sell it. It works perfectly and looks like new.
post #2014 of 2018 Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
If it helps, I recently replaced my 92 and I'm happy to sell it. It works perfectly and looks like new.

Thanks but I'm trying to hold off a little longer and get an Atmos AVR with 7.2.4 and DTS.x on it. I'm hoping this avr will get me through to the end of the year. Thanks for the offer though. What did you end up buying in place of the Pioneer.

post #2015 of 2018 Old Today, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
The problem I'm having is the 3rd port won't give me any audio or video through this. HOW can I change this on the avr is there a button or menu screen where this can be set to being on....or should it just work when I plug my laptop into the HDMI wire.
Just out of curiosity, have you swapped any of those inputs, to see if the other items work on that 3rd port? Main reason I ask is on mine, after buying new HDMI cables and fiddling around with things . . . I eventually figured out that HDMI 2 was fried on the receiver itself, which lead to me buying a new receiver, but that's another story.

Beyond that, do you have the HDMI 3 assigned in the input setup? So that if you for example push the button for "TV" it goes to that input you assigned to it . . . whether it's HDMI 1 or HDMI 2, etc.. If you have the remote, you can get to the input setup by pressing the receiver button, and then pressing the setup button after that . . . the system setup screen should come up, and then option 7 is Input Setup. Otherwise in a pinch, if you haven't assigned it or aren't sure . . . cycle through the input select button at the top of the remote, or on the receiver itself, and if it's working, you'll find out which input HDMI 3 is assigned to if it displays for you.
eng-399 likes this.
post #2016 of 2018 Unread Today, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piketech View Post
Just out of curiosity, have you swapped any of those inputs, to see if the other items work on that 3rd port? Main reason I ask is on mine, after buying new HDMI cables and fiddling around with things . . . I eventually figured out that HDMI 2 was fried on the receiver itself, which lead to me buying a new receiver, but that's another story.

Beyond that, do you have the HDMI 3 assigned in the input setup? So that if you for example push the button for "TV" it goes to that input you assigned to it . . . whether it's HDMI 1 or HDMI 2, etc.. If you have the remote, you can get to the input setup by pressing the receiver button, and then pressing the setup button after that . . . the system setup screen should come up, and then option 7 is Input Setup. Otherwise in a pinch, if you haven't assigned it or aren't sure . . . cycle through the input select button at the top of the remote, or on the receiver itself, and if it's working, you'll find out which input HDMI 3 is assigned to if it displays for you.

I haven't swapped any inputs yet but 1 and 2 work... Well 1 does I just tried input 2 that's going into my cable box and it doesn't work now. I want to pull the rack out but it's a pain in the butt because it's on carpet and the rack is full of gear see picture below.
And the updated pic of the rack.
I hope the 2nd and 3rd input isn't fried and I'm going to try what your saying on how to change the input through the remote... Thank you!!! Btw
I ended up being able to pass through my Oppo bluray player for me to use REW in my room. I had all 3 inputs going before the rack was slid back in place.
I just added 4 more subs (nearfield bass) And have 8 total in the room. Trying to eq all the subs is pain but I'm getting there. Thanks for your help on this I'll try what your saying.
Mike

post #2017 of 2018 Unread Today, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's a full rack!! That looks awesome, but yeah . . . I can see why you don't want to pull the rack out if you don't need to.

I have a pretty simple setup, and I'm already cringing thinking about unhooking everything from the old receiver . . . and then hooking it all back up to the new. That's supposed to be the fun part of the new purchase, ha!
post #2018 of 2018 Unread Today, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Official Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by piketech View Post
That's a full rack!! That looks awesome, but yeah . . . I can see why you don't want to pull the rack out if you don't need to.

I have a pretty simple setup, and I'm already cringing thinking about unhooking everything from the old receiver . . . and then hooking it all back up to the new. That's supposed to be the fun part of the new purchase, ha!

Thanks! I wish I had a new AVR I'm waiting for the prices to come for Atmos/DTS-X Avr. All in time if I buy one more thing my wife will have a fit!!! Half of the rack was all bought on ebay. The rack its self I paid 200$ through ebay with a local pick up. I got pretty lucky on everything I bought used. The PIoneer Avr was also a refurbished one that still works great besides my little HDMI problem. I'm with you on unplugging everything and redoing it again it a pain and takes some time to. Good luck with your new AVR and enjoy it!!!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Vsx 92txh Elite Home Theater A V Receiver , Sony Bdp S1 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Yamaha Rx V995 Surround Receiver With Dolby Digital And Dts Decoding , Pioneer Elite Bdp 94hd Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page