Originally Posted by tank3d
What is the best way to reach tech support.
ps....does the clicking of the receiver...and the menu issue sound more like and asd, avs, or user problem?
According to the following chart
, it most likely is not the iPod model you're using as long as the Classics have the latest firmware update
. Given you have two ASD-3Ws and neither is working, it's most likely just a setting issue somewhere and tech support could probably answer that question much quicker being more familiar. I've called them a number of times in the past year ... with a wait time of only minutes at times and 30 minutes at other times, just depends on time of day that you call. Denon also has a FAQ database on their website which has answers to about 200 questions. I hadn't reviewed it in awhile so I did with the following general information retrieved from the database:
(1) Tech Support (USA) 800-497-8921 / 201-762-6665 9am - 5pm
(although for Aug they had extended hours to 7pm and may still have them)
(2) Video iPod - Ensure settings as follows:
Videos --> Video Settings --> TV Out (set to ON)
Videos --> Video Settings --> TV Signal (PAL or NTSC)
The following answers from the FAQ database apply to questions previously asked in earlier posts the past few weeks:
(3) Center channel should in most all cases be set to SMALL
(4) Unless Front L/R speakers cover full 20-20khz range, they should be set to SMALL as well (regardless of physical size) especially if subwoofer output is weak.
(5) If the majority of your AVR audio use is for watching DVDs, the subwoofer should be set to LFE+MAIN
(6) If the Denon AVR model number ends in 5,6, or 7 then HDMI is 1.1. If 8 or higher then 1.3a.