Originally Posted by paulsen
I have a DirecTV satellite digital video recorder hooked to HDMI2.
Before I start experimenting with a variety of configurations, a few questions...
- Should I use Input Setup's assign function to assign HDMI2 to DVR, SAT, or leave it its default of HDP? Does it make a difference? I think I should use SAT or DVR so I can tell the remote to use the proper preset code to, at a minimum, change channels.
- Assuming I set it to DVR or SAT, has anyone worked out the best preset code to use for a DirecTV HR20?
- Do I need to press one of the [MODE SELECTOR] "buttons" on the remote in order to operate the DirecTV or do things like channel change "punch through" (I think that's the standard terminology) so that the channels change even when the remote is in [AMP] mode?
I can help you but first I need more information.
- What is the model number of your DTV HD DVR?
- Provide a list of all AV hardware (with model numbers).
- What remote control do you want to use?
- Tell me how you have all of your AV cabling routed into your 2808 and from your 2808 to your television.
We'll have you a solution very soon.
Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750
Denon AVR 1912, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44,
DirecTV AM21 OTA Receiver
Panasonic HD DVD DMP-BD65, Toshiba HD DVR A20
Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c
Valodyne Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Monoprice Cables