Yamaha HTR 6050 / RXV 561 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody have any experience with the Yamaha HTR 6050 or RXV 561? There does not seem to be much information about either on the internet.

One thing I'd definitely like to know is whether the HDMI connections pass audio, or would I need an additional optical cable to do so? Also, do these models upconvert composite and s-video (480i) to component (480p)?

I've been also been looking at the HTR 6060 / RXV 661 but they are $200 more expensive than the 6050/561. Apart from going 5.1 to 7.1 (7.1 is not very feasible for me as I live in an apartment) and gaining some additional DPS program modes, what else would I be missing?

Thanks in advance.

RXV 561: http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/RXV561B.jsp

HTR 6050: http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/HTR6050B.jsp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Did you ever get an answer as to whether the 561 passes audio? Can get one of these for pretty cheap for my father-in-law. I can't recall, what is the difference between HDMI 1.2a and 1.3a?

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post

Did you ever get an answer as to whether the 561 passes audio? Can get one of these for pretty cheap for my father-in-law. I can't recall, what is the difference between HDMI 1.2a and 1.3a?

the difference is that 1.3a is higher bandwidth and has support for bitstreaming the lossless formats on blu ray discs and has deep color support, and some other non sense. Any ways this receiver will not process audio from an hdmi connection, a seperate audio connection is required. Hope this helps, the new 463 does do audio through hdmi as does the pioneer 918 if your looking for budget receivers that do audio hdmi. They only do pcm over hdmi however, so the decoding needs to be done in the player, this is for blu ray only as dolby digital and DTS can be processed through hdmi.

Gamer Tag: Democrat4life
post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2009, 03:38 AM

I'm pretty impressed with my RXV 561,However it doesn't seem to transfer Audio
I hooked it up via HDMI to a PS3 and the Picture was absolutley awsome through my projector but i still had to use the Optic audio link.
I have found that the image through the Amp to the projector is definatley better than from the DVD to the Projector so I take it there must be some form of signal boost.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM

The RXV 561 is what I have. It does not process sound through HDMI
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page