Onkyo (TX-SR805) remote controls programmable for Tivo, Apple TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-2007, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver with the RC-690M remote control. The remote control seems to be a beast, I've never seen so many buttons in my life. My question is how close is this remote to being a "universal remote"? Can it be programmed to turn my TV or other components on and off? Can it replace most of the functions on my Tivo remote and control an Apple TV? I'm sure it can't do as much as a Harmony or URC remote that is truly universal/programmable but if it can do a few key things for me then I might save $150 on the universal remote I'm thinking of buying.

Thanks for any information or advice you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Liked: 10
The onkyo remote can run just about anything as long as you can use the direct learn mode. I run every single piece of equipment off my 804 remote and to me the easy setup and learn features of these remotes are one of the reasons I continue to use Onkyo receivers. Look in your 805 manual and read the section regarding the learn function of your remote. Get your other products remotes out and go to town programming them to the Onkyo.

Bill3508

A wise man once said if it sounds like a broken record there is a motive behind the message.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3508 View Post

The onkyo remote can run just about anything as long as you can use the direct learn mode. I run every single piece of equipment off my 804 remote and to me the easy setup and learn features of these remotes are one of the reasons I continue to use Onkyo receivers. Look in your 805 manual and read the section regarding the learn function of your remote. Get your other products remotes out and go to town programming them to the Onkyo.

Bill3508

Thanks Bill. I will give it a shot tonight. Would be nice to save $150 on another universal remote!

Separately, has anyone programmed the Onkyo Remote for Apple TV?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page