Denon 3808CI Vs. Onkyo 905 Comparison Matrix - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.imagephile.com/3808v905.pdf

Obviously some areas are my own personal opinion as to whether or not one feature is "better" than another.

Certainly nothing in-depth and I'll correct any errors or add any extras if someone has them.

But I put it together to help myself make a decision. Hopefully it will help others.

I ended up going with the 3808 because it was better for what I needed.

Good luck to those making a tough decision!

Command3808 is free software (with source code) that lets you control your Denon 3808CI and 4308CI via the telnet protocol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

A good summary, but your superior features total makes each one equal weight, which is probably not a good assumption. Each user has their specific requirements. For example, a REON video processor is a significant upgrade over DCDi and unless you have an external video processor, would be a significant weighting factor for those considering these two units.

Add to this the Marantz 8002 and the Pioneer Elite VSX 94 and you have a good comparison chart for the higher-end traditional AVRs on the market.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
the Denons also have alot more firmware updates, i don't think that the 905 ever had one? Whats got me is the THX Ultra 2 that the Onkyo's got>
post #4 of 5 Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSteve View Post

A good summary, but your superior features total makes each one equal weight, which is probably not a good assumption.

Yeah, definitely a flaw.

In my mind I weighted them the way I saw fit and I suppose each person will have their own weighting (e.g. the 'net' functions on the Denon were very important to me but I suspect less important to others).

Anyway, I didn't want my pretty PDF to go to total waste.

So here it is flaws and all!

Command3808 is free software (with source code) that lets you control your Denon 3808CI and 4308CI via the telnet protocol.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-08-2007, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by img eL View Post

the Denons also have alot more firmware updates, i don't think that the 905 ever had one? Whats got me is the THX Ultra 2 that the Onkyo's got>

Yeah, the THX Ultra 2 was something I defintely "felt bad" about giving up. My previous receiver had Select 2 and I really liked the sound with THX enabled. Overall I am happy with my choice, but man the Denon would be killer if it had the THX Ultra 2.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page