Have you Ordered or received an INTEGRA DTC-9.8 or an Onkyo PR-SC885P? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Have you Ordered or Received an INTEGRA DTC-9.8 or an Onkyo PR-SC885P?
I have ordered but NOT received an Integra DTC-9.8 57 43.85%
I have an Integra DTC-9.8 32 24.62%
I have ordered but NOT received an Onkyo PR-SC885P 29 22.31%
I have an Onkyo PR-SC885P 12 9.23%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 84 Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I was hoping someone was going to post a place that had them but finally gave up and just preordered one on the 12th. While my local dealer didn't have any in stock I mentioned the trox price and they matched! Of course I may never see the unit but I got a good price

I got a discount on my Integra DTC-9.8 ( not much - slightly less than 10% ) but I was afraid to ask for much more considering that dealers are in business to make money and these seem to be in very short supply :-) I suspect a dealer has a vested interest in moving components to the highest bidders before they cancel and go with something else...

Panasonic 65GT50 1080p 3D Plasma TV

Integra DTC-9.8 prepro - Panasonic BDT500 BD Player

Velodyne HGS-15X Subwoofer

Cinenova Grande 3 ( 600W x 3 )
Polk LSi15 x 2, LSIC

Polk LC265i x 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 84 Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post

I got a discount on my Integra DTC-9.8 ( not much - slightly less than 10% ) but I was afraid to ask for much more considering that dealers are in business to make money and these seem to be in very short supply :-) I suspect a dealer has a vested interest in moving components to the highest bidders before they cancel and go with something else...

My local Integra dealer gave me a great price on a 9.8, though I haven't gotten it yet. I don't want to reveal the exact number, but it's really close to Troxell's price on the 885.
post #63 of 84 Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Ok we have 30 owners of 9.8's and only seen post from maybe a quarter (if that many) of them. Come on lurkers, people want to know what you think, that's right i'm calling you guys out!

Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music"

My Home Theater
post #64 of 84 Old 10-22-2007, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence View Post

Ok we have 30 owners of 9.8's and only seen post from maybe a quarter (if that many) of them. Come on lurkers, people want to know what you think, that's right i'm calling you guys out!

One limitation of these polls is you cannot switch your selection. So waiters who became owners are not shown. Maybe in a bit I'll do another one (after mine arrives that is ).

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #65 of 84 Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

One limitation of these polls is you cannot switch your selection. So waiters who became owners are not shown. Maybe in a bit I'll do another one (after mine arrives that is ).

- Rich

Ohhhh okay, i still hope to see more owners post their impressions in the 9.8 and 885 threads.

Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music"

My Home Theater
post #66 of 84 Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence View Post

Ohhhh okay, i still hope to see more owners post their impressions in the 9.8 and 885 threads.

Me too!!

I promise to post mine as soon as I get it

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #67 of 84 Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 PM

Whats the current ETA on the pre-amps?

Like if i ordered from Troxell to receive one?

1 month?
2 months?
next year?
post #68 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaarna View Post

1 month?
2 months?
next year?

A number of us have heard that there is a large backorder list. My dealer (CCS) told me that new orders might make it for Christmas but others have been told January.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #69 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaarna View Post

1 month?
2 months?
next year?

Call them and ask. I think Troxell must have clout with Onkyo, got mine in less than a week.
post #70 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

A number of us have heard that there is a large backorder list. My dealer (CCS) told me that new orders might make it for Christmas but others have been told January.

- Rich

Rich

Did you get your tracking number yet?

Display: Pioneer PRO-151 60" Elite
Blu-ray player: OPPO BDP-93, Sony BDP-S1000ES
Processor: Onkyo PR-SC885
Amplifier: Emotiva IPS-1 150Wx7
Game Console: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4
Speakers: Mythos ST(Fronts), Mythos Ten(Center), Mythos One(Rears)
post #71 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petmic10 View Post

Rich

Did you get your tracking number yet?

Here is the latest information that I have:
Quote:

If all went as planned, its probably already on the way to you. Keep in mind that Onkyo doesn't do their own logistics. They farm them out to Eiki. They send Eiki the order. Eiki ships the order and sends the updated info to Onkyo.

I've got two calls into Onkyo voice mail and I'll be checking the site again tomorrow. As soon as I have something to report, I'll pass it on.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #72 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Liked: 13
I have not ordered. I want to see it in person then try it out. If I like it then I'll go for it. Right now I'm not willing to buy, sight unseen. So that means I'll probably get mine in April at the current rate or get someone else's equipment.
post #73 of 84 Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 PM

Ordered mine back on September 27, My dealer is telling me that he has not heard anything as to when the DTC 9.8 may be coming in. An e-mail i got yesterday from my dealer said he might hear some good news this week...talk about vague information. My B&k ref 20 went out on me before i order the DTC. I can wait but shoot the info to me straight.
post #74 of 84 Old 10-25-2007, 08:36 AM

just placed my order for a Onkyo 885 from troxell...

hopefully it doesnt take months to ship.

They said ETA is End of November for shipping.
post #75 of 84 Old 10-26-2007, 03:55 AM

talked with my dealer yesterday and he is telling me a shipment from integra is coming in on Monday but he does not know what equipment is being shipped, i have to wait to Monday to see if mine came in. If my processor is not in this shipment, he is telling me I wont get it until January. bummer. He offered me a refund if the the DTC does not come in...I wont cancel my order, I think I'll just wait it out and see what happens.
post #76 of 84 Old 10-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobusn View Post

Ordered from Gramophone in Columbia, Maryland in mid-to-late August, received in early October. Love it! Running DSD over HDMI from an Oppo 980H...which was actually my main reason for buying.

Get one if you can!

Best regards,

Bob

Ordered mine on July 30 from a small, local installer who gave me a great price. Had called Gramophone in Columbia who offered no discount. I'm staying with my order for now, since the price is right. I'm suspecting, thought, that the larger retailers/sellers and/or the people paying at or close to MSRP are getting first priority.

I've been patient for the most part, but I'm increasingly reading accounts of guys getting their's within a month and I've been waiting 3 months!
post #77 of 84 Old 10-31-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frombhto323 View Post

Ordered mine on July 30 from a small, local installer who gave me a great price. Had called Gramophone in Columbia who offered no discount. I'm staying with my order for now, since the price is right. I'm suspecting, thought, that the larger retailers/sellers and/or the people paying at or close to MSRP are getting first priority.

I've been patient for the most part, but I'm increasingly reading accounts of guys getting their's within a month and I've been waiting 3 months!

UPDATE: It's in! My dealer called today. I'm picking up my 9.8 tomorrow. Ordered on July 30, so 3 months and a day to receive it. Incidentally, my dealer told me that his Integra rep told him that anything not delivered yet is not likely to be delivered until "mid-January." Take that info as you will. This is a double post, btw. Can't help it... feeling strangely giddy!
post #78 of 84 Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I initially voted on 885 order but now I have it. I ordered from a dealer in NJ on September 24th and got it yesterday. I will start setting up tomorrow but it will be the weekend before I can do any real tweaking or critical listening.
post #79 of 84 Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Received my 9.8 yesterday. I ordered about mid-September. The dealer received 3, and all were spoken for including mine. Sounds like another shipment must have arrived recently.

I purchased the Pioneer Elite 94TXH while I was waiting. It operates flawlessly. I was concerned about HDMI issues with my BD player, DVD player, HD satellite box and/or projector, but everything works perfectly through the 94. It's going to come down to which unit has the fewest HDMI issues (the 94 has none), which unit has the fewest 'significant' operational quirks (the 94 has none), and which unit sounds the best (the 94 is the best processor I've had in my system thus far). One or the other will be listed within the next week or so.
post #80 of 84 Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

My 9.8 just showed up today. The store only got one in, and it has the updated firmware.
post #81 of 84 Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM

congratulations dbacksfan51
post #82 of 84 Old 11-03-2007, 05:08 PM

I want to buy an Integra DTC-9.8 pre-pro but cannot find anywhere to buy it at in the NYC area. Search on the web turns up nothing in the way of dealers. What is the Onkyo Integra website? I cannot even find that in a google search! Man they are not kidding when they say they don't want to sell these Integra brand on the internet mail order! Seems like a bad business model to me.

Nevermind, I finally found in the official DTC-9.8 forum some links that got me to the Authorized Dealers for Integra line:

http://integrahometheater.com/locator.cfm?SearchType=d

Words of wisdom, "The more you know, the more you know that you don't know."
post #83 of 84 Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Placed order on Oct 4 and I just received my Onkyo 885 yesterday (Nov 7)! With FW 1.04 as well. I went out to my doorstep at noon and there it was but I had not heard the UPS guy ring the doorbell at all. Good thing I was home.

I live in So. Cal area and I want to put in a good word here for Jim Wagner from Troxell Communications. He gave me a great price considering the demand on this unit and was very prompt in replying to my status inquiries.

I just did the basic set up and ran Audyssey last night. So far so good but still need to tweak a bit more. I watch some 300 HD DVD, Transformers HD DVD, and SM3 Blu Ray and the lossless tracks were pretty amazing. Very happy so far!
post #84 of 84 Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 AM

Troxell refused my order yesterday. I was told that they will only sell to a "reseller" not to an individual. I must assume from this thread that this is a new enforcement of a policy. Either that or all of the folks that posted are resellers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page