I am thinking of setting up an HT setup for the 20' * 10' living room.
My budget is around $3,800 all incl....
I and am looking at the following components:
HDTV: Samsung FPT5084 - $2200+
Receiver: Onkyo TXSR705/Yamaha RXV861/Sony STR-DG1100 - $600-$800
Speakers: KEF 2005.2 - $500
HDTV Stand - $300-$400
Wires/Speaker Mounts/Drapes et al - $100
My requirements are that I have a decent surround sound space, and a pretty good Visual experience. I have a Wii, SD/HD cable and Progressive Scan DVD player so I also am looking at atleast a decent 480i->1080i/1080p upconversion.
1. Is there any reason to choose Panny 700/750 inspite of having lesser contrast ratio?
2. Should I get a Samsung BDP1400 instead and use its 5.1 audio out and let my TV upconvert the 480i stuff ?
3. If I do get BDP1400 is there a budget video processor stat-tech /atlona etc. that I might use to get rid of alaising/noise ??
4. Is their any comparison to be found on 705 vs VX861 vs STRDG1100 video processing ?
5. Any suggestions on a better speaker around $500 ?
I know thats a lot questions ... any help would be gretly appreciated ..