The Official Onkyo TX-SR705 Thread (FAQ in 1st Post) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought that I would share this. It seems one of the Denon's has lip sync issues too.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post11641326

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Yeah, that'll work. I'll clean it up and make it a little easier to read.

If you "want" to see if as is in the main FAQ just let me know I will add it. I was sort of expecting you to write this article cause everyone was requesting you to. I had thought about it may be easier if I just link peoples detailed contributions off the main FAQ (if they are long enough to warrant a link)... it allows authors to retain credit for their work easier and allows them to edit and change their work (which makes my life easier too).

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #183 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi woots, this wasn't a linux program and it ran fine using my PC's DVI to HDMI cable. I'll find it, its on my PC somewhere.

The real bottom line here is that, contrary to popular belief, the 705 will handle HDMI audio just fine w/o the TV on with a little bit o' extra effort.

PS: Love your FAQ.

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.
post #184 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by woots View Post

If you "want" to see if as is in the main FAQ just let me know I will add it. I was sort of expecting you to write this article cause everyone was requesting you to. I had thought about it may be easier if I just link peoples detailed contributions off the main FAQ (if they are long enough to warrant a link)... it allows authors to retain credit for their work easier and allows them to edit and change their work (which makes my life easier too).

As long as it's easily accessible from the first post, we're good. People will still be able to find it and you don't have to spend too much time monkeying with it. We all have better things to do... like watch movies! I've watched Underdog, Ratatouille, and Live Free Or Die Hard since writing that sucker.

Oh, and P.S. to people asking about hum: I paused the movie (Panny S97 connected audio-only via HDMI) and turned volume up to MAX - zero hum or hiss, even with my ear to the speakers and sub. Could this issue be limited to people running video through their 705, or is there anyone experiencing hum that uses the receiver for audio only like I do?

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #185 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

As long as it's easily accessible from the first post, we're good. People will still be able to find it and you don't have to spend too much time monkeying with it. We all have better things to do... like watch movies! I've watched Underdog, Ratatouille, and Live Free Or Die Hard since writing that sucker.

Oh, and P.S. to people asking about hum: I paused the movie (Panny S97 connected audio-only via HDMI) and turned volume up to MAX - zero hum or hiss, even with my ear to the speakers and sub. Could this issue be limited to people running video through their 705, or is there anyone experiencing hum that uses the receiver for audio only like I do?

Jeremey I have long had the hunch that this hum people get is EQ related. (improper Audyessy setup) Do you think thats a viable possibility?

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #186 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgribbles View Post

Hi woots, this wasn't a linux program and it ran fine using my PC's DVI to HDMI cable. I'll find it, its on my PC somewhere.

The real bottom line here is that, contrary to popular belief, the 705 will handle HDMI audio just fine w/o the TV on with a little bit o' extra effort.

PS: Love your FAQ.

Mr gribbles.. did you see that second link I posted.. it was a pc application people use DVi/HDMI cable with it... i think thats the one.

PS: Thx for kind words man.. I like to help people.

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #187 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I just want to correct one notion from the original FAQ. In number 11 of the owner FAQ, it says:
"The 705 outputs 100watts per channel. Ideally you should be using speakers with a 100 watt maximum capacity."

I want to make it clear that it isn't that simple. The 705 is rated to drive 100w continuous power to 2 channels with an 8 ohm load. The reality is that transients may push a single channel (most likely your fronts or center, almost never your surrounds) beyond that, since the amp section can essentially provide a burst of power over and above the rated power without clipping or distortion. In the case of the 705, it can deliver 120w of dynamic power to 2 channels simultaneously at 8 ohms... or to a single channel, about 165w peak (based on its listed specs). If we were to drive all channels simultaneously, you'd likely only get about 80w/channel. This isn't a huge deal, since it is VERY rare that all channels are driven at once at the same levels with any real-world listening material, even if you threw the plane collision from Fight Club at it.

Now here's the big caveat: If you're using a powered subwoofer and running the speakers crossed over so the sub handles the bass, you're decreasing the load required to drive the speakers, essentially giving the receiver more headroom for transient bursts of sound. In this case, since your sub's amp is taking on that load, 100w speakers may be fine and never be overdriven. That said, once you get up into larger bookshelf speakers, you'll probably find that their rating is around 150w+, so this shouldn't be a concern. The 705 should be able to drive them to insane levels without audible distortion in a medium sized room.

(Was that clear as mud or what?)

post #188 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just want to correct one notion from the original FAQ. In number 11 of the owner FAQ, it says:
"The 705 outputs 100watts per channel. Ideally you should be using speakers with a 100 watt maximum capacity."

I want to make it clear that it isn't that simple. The 705 is rated to drive 100w continuous power to 2 channels with an 8 ohm load. The reality is that transients may push a single channel (most likely your fronts or center, almost never your surrounds) beyond that, since the amp section can essentially provide a burst of power over and above the rated power without clipping or distortion. In the case of the 705, it can deliver 120w of dynamic power to 2 channels simultaneously at 8 ohms... or to a single channel, about 165w peak (based on its listed specs). If we were to drive all channels simultaneously, you'd likely only get about 80w/channel. This isn't a huge deal, since it is VERY rare that all channels are driven at once at the same levels with any real-world listening material, even if you threw the plane collision from Fight Club at it.

Now here's the big caveat: If you're using a powered subwoofer and running the speakers crossed over so the sub handles the bass, you're decreasing the load required to drive the speakers, essentially giving the receiver more headroom for transient bursts of sound. In this case, since your sub's amp is taking on that load, 100w speakers may be fine and never be overdriven. That said, once you get up into larger bookshelf speakers, you'll probably find that their rating is around 150w+, so this shouldn't be a concern. The 705 should be able to drive them to insane levels without audible distortion in a medium sized room.

(Was that clear as mud or what?)

Can you rephrase that in the form of something to cut and paste? I dont want to just paste that in as is it seems to digress from the point related to hissing. If you can rewrite the section focus it more to address the hissing question (and still said what you said).. or rewrite a portion to copy over a portion.. or write a new question that better fits what your saying. It would be easier then me trying to inject your words haphazardly.

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #189 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Jeremey I have long had the hunch that this hum people get is EQ related. (improper Audyessy setup) Do you think thats a viable possibility?

It's possible that the hum is coming from Audyssey trying to do an extreme boost of a certain frequency, but it'd be hard to prove it (and I'm pretty sure Audyssey put a cap on the amount of boost its filters can do to prevent just that, and to prevent overdriving the speakers by overboosting a null). You would essentially have to take a unit known to hum and try multiple runs through MultEQ XT with different speakers or different placements to see if the hum went away with any given combination.

Perhaps one way to track down the issue would be to see if it seems to occur with any given brand/type of speaker repeatedly. For instance, my setup is Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi28 surrounds. Anyone else with Polks having the hum issue?

Also, have we nailed down that the hum primarily occurs with Audyssey EQ engaged? I'd be interested to see if anyone experiencing the hum could re-do their calibration using the FAQ tips and see if it goes away. I'd also be interested to know if people who have the hum initially calibrated in a noisy environment (i.e. with the A/C on or being in the room during the calibration).

It's a strange problem. I'm glad I don't have it, but at the same time I wish I did just so I could try to figure it out.

post #190 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can you rephrase that in the form of something to cut and paste? I dont want to just paste that in as is it sems out of context for the question related to response. If you can rewrite the section to address the hissing.. or rewrite a portion to copy over a portion.. or write a new question that better fits what your saying. It would be easier then me trying to inject your words haphazardly.

Yeah, maybe we should just stick with what you had. I'm just being super anal tonight.

post #191 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's possible that the hum is coming from Audyssey trying to do an extreme boost of a certain frequency, but it'd be hard to prove it (and I'm pretty sure Audyssey put a cap on the amount of boost its filters can do to prevent just that, and to prevent overdriving the speakers by overboosting a null). You would essentially have to take a unit known to hum and try multiple runs through MultEQ XT with different speakers or different placements to see if the hum went away with any given combination.

Perhaps one way to track down the issue would be to see if it seems to occur with any given brand/type of speaker repeatedly. For instance, my setup is Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi28 surrounds. Anyone else with Polks having the hum issue?

Also, have we nailed down that the hum primarily occurs with Audyssey EQ engaged? I'd be interested to see if anyone experiencing the hum could re-do their calibration using the FAQ tips and see if it goes away. I'd also be interested to know if people who have the hum initially calibrated in a noisy environment (i.e. with the A/C on or being in the room during the calibration).

It's a strange problem. I'm glad I don't have it, but at the same time I wish I did just so I could try to figure it out.

One person with a hum (on last thread) had KEF 3005 setup just like me (we both have same sub) and they had a hum and I did not. So room acoustics or room size could be the only differentiating factor.. since the subs setting are not tweakable for that model.

When you select Pure Audio you totally bipass Audyessey 100% .. is this correct? or no?

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #192 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM

A few quick questions about the 705 before I purchase one:
  • If using an input that's assigned to an HDMI port, can you opt to use one of the digital audio inputs for audio for that input, instead of the audio that's coming over HDMI? I have an earlier HD DirecTV Tivo (HR10-250), and I have reason to question if it actually outputs DD over HDMI.
  • When using HDMI through the receiver, does it overlay On-Screen Display setup information to the TV if configuring the receiver? I've seen talk of OSD but the FAQ and other information just says "it's just an HDMI switcher" if the signal source is HDMI. This would lead me to think OSD on HDMI input materials wouldn't be possible, but would be possible if the video source were analog (such as component or s-video).
Thanks
--falz
post #193 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yeah, maybe we should just stick with what you had. I'm just being super anal tonight.

I value what your trying to say.. I am not mad.. and your right about continuous power, I didn't really address that on that topic. If your up for it though see if you can rephrase it a bit to address the question directly. No worries either way.. I was honest about that FAQ being a community effort (I'd like to pool together all of our knowledge for the benefit of this community).. I want clear facts in that FAQ if you have something more accurate please let me know.

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #194 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Just verifying that the 705 can take component input from a satellite or DVD and pass it through the HDMI out. And a few questions about that.

1) How does the upscaling work? Faroudja upscaling has a macroblocking problem with my Hitachi plasma (had to return an Oppo for their model that doesn't use it). So if I hook up an HD signal from my Dish DVR or from an upscaling DVD player, Is the Faroudja going to screw things up for me? (can it be disabled or does it ignore HD signals coming through).

2) My plasma uses a DVI in. Is this a problem if I use DVD/HDMI cables? Most of the issues I've heard seem to be more about DVI going into the receiver, not out.

Thanks for any response; I"m considering this over more expensive models like the 875 or the Pioneer 92txh
post #195 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz View Post

A few quick questions about the 705 before I purchase one:
  • If using an input that's assigned to an HDMI port, can you opt to use one of the digital audio inputs for audio for that input, instead of the audio that's coming over HDMI? I have an earlier HD DirecTV Tivo (HR10-250), and I have reason to question if it actually outputs DD over HDMI.
  • When using HDMI through the receiver, does it overlay On-Screen Display setup information to the TV if configuring the receiver? I've seen talk of OSD but the FAQ and other information just says "it's just an HDMI switcher" if the signal source is HDMI. This would lead me to think OSD on HDMI input materials wouldn't be possible, but would be possible if the video source were analog (such as component or s-video).
Thanks
--falz

Question 1: Yes. HDMI video with Coax/optical audio is AOK. DD over HDMI is AOK too.
Question 2: Yes. OSD setup is available in all video input modalities. OSD for things like volume doesn't happen with HDMI inputs.

post #196 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Hum and hiss only occurs for my 705 when near max volume on non-connected inputs. I would expect that. On connected inputs with no load, eg: DVD on pause, no hum or hiss. I just paused a cable input and ran it up to max - No Hum any speaker. Don't know if this helps or not.

post #197 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTracy3 View Post

1) How does the upscaling work? Faroudja upscaling has a macroblocking problem with my Hitachi plasma (had to return an Oppo for their model that doesn't use it). So if I hook up an HD signal from my Dish DVR or from an upscaling DVD player, Is the Faroudja going to screw things up for me? (can it be disabled or does it ignore HD signals coming through).

According to all of the information in the earlier thread, if you are inputting via HDMI, it will just pass through whatever resolution you're inputting. If you're taking a Component input and putting out HDMI, it will also just keep the same resolution and pass it through, but will fail to pass a 1080p Component signal. There are hidden menu settings (also in the first post) that explain how to change this behavior to force it to 720p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTracy3 View Post

2) My plasma uses a DVI in. Is this a problem if I use DVD/HDMI cables? Most of the issues I've heard seem to be more about DVI going into the receiver, not out.

DVI and HDMI logically the same for the video portion, except the pin layout. Just get either a HDMI<-> DVI dongle for an HDMI<-> DVI cable from a place such as Monoprice and it will work fine, but only carry video to the TV.

--falz
post #198 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Question 2: Yes. OSD setup is available in all video input modalities. OSD for things like volume doesn't happen with HDMI inputs.

Thanks. If Volume OSD doesnt work from an HDMI source, how could general receiver setup work over the HDMI source? Or does it just "blue" the screen background and not overlay?

--falz
post #199 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. If Volume OSD doesnt work from an HDMI source, how could general receiver setup work over the HDMI source? Or does it just "blue" the screen background and not overlay?

--falz

Right on target. It takes control of the screen, not an overlay. The volume OSD thing is an overlay, so, since the HDMI video is pass through it can't do it. Analog to HDMI is processed so it can overlay OSD volume.

post #200 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hum and hiss only occurs for my 705 when near max volume on non-connected inputs. I would expect that. On connected inputs with no load, eg: DVD on pause, no hum or hiss. I just paused a cable input and ran it up to max - No Hum any speaker. Don't know if this helps or not.

Is this the problem people report when they say hum? I know a few people did that dead signal max volume test... but I assumed they were hearing a hum when they listen to normal audio playback (without doing wacky tests). Lol.. why would anyone switch to no input and turn up volume to max and complain when they hear weird things? ... thats a simple fix.. just don't do that!

It reminds me of that old joke about the doctor.

A guy goes into a doctors office and says .. "Doctor, I don't know whats wrong but I have a problem. When I lift my arm like this it begins to hurt, but when I put it back down.. it doesn't hurt anymore" the doctor replied "Thats easy to fix, just don't lift your arm like that anymore!"

If it all really boils down to going to a dead input on max volume.. this seems like a non issue to me. I guess for those people with hum we need to start doing some more fact finding from them and remember all the facts so we can address that issue to the community better.

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #201 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Hum or hiss on non connected inputs was the original complaint from some.

post #202 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is this the problem people report when they say hum? I know a few people did that dead signal max volume test... but I assumed they were hearing a hum when they listen to normal audio playback (without doing wacky tests). Lol.. why would anyone switch to no input and turn up volume to max and complain when they hear weird things? ... thats a simple fix.. just don't do that!

I posted this in another thread dedicated to the "Hum" issue but it hasn't seen much action so I thought I'd give it a try here.

I found I had the "Sub Hum" by pure accident. I was listening to some music through my new Panasonic DMP-BD30K and decided to turn off the TV (Sharp LC-52D64U) to see what would happen when I broke the HDMI chain. Well it caused the CD to stop playing and I heard the hum.

Here's what I have in my setup...

Comcast Motorola DCH-3416 DVR connected to the 705 via HDMI ony (connected to the CBL/SAT input)
Panasonic DMP-BD30K Blu-Ray connected to the 705 via HDMI ony (connected to the DVD input)
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD connected to the 705 via HDMI ony (connected to the AUX input)

Onkyo TX-SR705 connected to the Sharp LC-52D64U via HDMI and Toslink Optical from the Sharp LC-52D64U to the Onkyo TX-SR705 (OPT1 configured to VCR/DVR) to send sound out when using the TV tuner which is connected to Comcast cable directly from the wall.

Infinity "Primus" 360 mains, Infinity "Primus" 250 surrounds, Infinity "Primus" C25 center and two (2) Infinity PS-8 subs.

I have since done some testing and found I have zero hum when the Onkyo TX-SR705 is on and the other components are off except the VCR/DVR input when the Sharp is off there is still a hum.

So...

705 on DVD input, Panny BD30 off, Sharp off > no hum
705 on CBL/SAT input, Cable Box off, Sharp off > no hum
705 on AUX input, Toshiba HD-A2 off, Sharp off > no hum
705 on VCR/DVR input, Sharp off, > hum

all other inputs, there seems to be no hum and the hum is only noticeable at 3/4 volume or higher and not during normal viewing or listening.

This is the only testing I've done so far and took all of about 15 minutes. I'm going to give Onkyo a call on Monday and see what they have to say. I'm outside my 30 day return window so that's not an option.

I'll be sure to post back if I find out anything...

*UPDATE* I did a little more testing and found something odd. I played a movie in the Blu-Ray player, stopped the player, removed movie from tray, closed tray, NO HUM @ max volume. I then switched inputs (pressed CBL/SAT on the 705) and immediately back to the DVD input and immediately had the "Sub Hum" again. This is a real head scratcher...
post #203 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 PM

I just upgraded from a TX-DS797 to the TX-SR705 this weekend. Overall I am very pleased with the upgrade. Luckily other than depth and weight the new one is physically identical to the old and as a result it fit into my custom rack shelves. It was nice to take out my HDMI switch and simplify my system that much more. Also the switched AC output actually shuts off now when the unit is put in standby, on the 797 you had to turn off the hard switch. I use the outlet to control my rack fan.

I need to tweak my sub after reading the good Audyssey description earlier in the thread. It calculated my sub as an extra 10' away, which seems to be due to phase. The sound does seem to be much better than my manual tweaking with the 797.

My only question / problem is with my HR10-250 and the slow capture of DD signal. I am using HDMI with DD (although it seems Optical would show same problem). When I pause, 8-sec rewind, 30-sec skip or just about anything that stops the DD stream it takes anywhere from 1-5 seconds for the receiver to capture the stream again. This never happened with the 797 so it seems the 705 has problems capturing the stream quickly. I have seen this mentioned in the old thread and this new one, but no solutions. Any ideas? Has anyone contacted Onkyo? Oh and the suggestion of switching to bitstream is not a solution, I am not watching HDTV in stereo. I will be doing so tomorrow.
post #204 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I've tried checking temperature per Woots's instructions in FAQ to no avail. I can't get the firmware menus either. Suggestions?
post #205 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johni View Post

I've tried checking temperature per Woots's instructions in FAQ to no avail. I can't get the firmware menus either. Suggestions?

they have to be the buttons on the front panel of your receiver (not your remote)

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
post #206 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:

I have rti4 as fronts and surrounds, csi3 center and psw303 sub. I was getting hum when I did the test as described in the separate thread. Basically without any input when I set the volume above +5 db hum appeared. It was more noticeable with Audyssey EQ. It was less noticeable when EQ set to off and pretty much gone on Pure Audio mode. I did not had any oher issues. I just ended up returning the unit today. I am now not sure to replace it with another 705 or move on to 805 or dennon 2808.
post #207 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thats interesting... i know that people who were complaining of the hum were saying it goes away when in Pure Audio mode... but i dont recall seeing whether any of them changed the Equaliser to OFF rather than AUDYSSEY and then checked for hum.

Personally, I dont have a hum, but i have Audyssey off at the moment, as i find i like the sound better that way

People with hum - can you check if it is there with/without Audyssey turned on (this is controlled in the Equaliser Settings)
post #208 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Woots, thanks. That worked. Is 113F too hot after running for 6-7 hours?

Quote:

they have to be the buttons on the front panel of your receiver (not your remote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johni
post #209 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

According to all of the information in the earlier thread, if you are inputting via HDMI, it will just pass through whatever resolution you're inputting. If you're taking a Component input and putting out HDMI, it will also just keep the same resolution and pass it through, but will fail to pass a 1080p Component signal. There are hidden menu settings (also in the first post) that explain how to change this behavior to force it to 720p.
DVI and HDMI logically the same for the video portion, except the pin layout. Just get either a HDMI<-> DVI dongle for an HDMI<-> DVI cable from a place such as Monoprice and it will work fine, but only carry video to the TV.

--falz

correction - when inputting via component and outputting via HDMI this is not just passed through. The onkyo converst the signal to HDMI and also scales and deinterlaces (if required) it to either 480P or 720P, depending on what the original signal resolution was. 480 and lower gets scaled to 480P, higher than 480 (including 1080 etc) getsscaled (either up or down) to 720P. If the secret menu option is set to force 720P then ALL scaling is done to 720P regardless of whether the original input was 480 and lower, or higher than 480
post #210 of 8886 Old 11-11-2007, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johni View Post

Woots, thanks. That worked. Is 113F too hot after running for 6-7 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johni

lol... dude.. i just figured I would rewrite the secret keys section of the FAQ to make it clear for everyone else. Then I figured let me see if I can discover new hidden commands.

WHAT A MISTAKE!

I accidently found one that set my whole receiver back to the factory defualt (wiped my Audyessey settings and label names and hdmi input settings) Sucks.. guess i will be spending the rest of the night fixing this.

I did discover a few new hidden commands though that are mysterious.. for the vets of this board.. please read those new commands i posted and see if you can figure out what they do.

Onkyo TX SR705 FAQ

BLU RAY ◊ 196 Movies
XBOX 360 ◊ 53 Games
PLAYSTATION 3 ◊ 25 Games
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr705 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page