Join Date: May 2008
Location: Eugene, OR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help,
I have a Denon AVR-2308ci Receiver that I am getting a static (white noise) issue with through all sources. The last time I had it working I played with the audio setup some to get an optical cable working for sound from the TV. I played with the menus for over an hour and finally reset the microprocessor without success. Below is my setup and what I have found playing with the system.
* The setup in my den is two front speakers, a center channel and a subwoofer.
* The subwoofer is connected using the LFE connection and the center channel and front speakers are direct from the receiver (Subwoofer is a Polk Audio, speakers are Pioneer - its all the leftovers from my Family, Game and master bed room systems).
* BluRay Player is a PS3, from there its going to a Samsung 46" LCD, all using HDMI.
* All worked fine last I used it until I tried to switch back from rigging an optical setup to watch the world series while working (wanted it in surround so used my TV's audio out).
* I tried all settings with just the static, then unplugged the optical and reset the microprocessor. I then tried the automatic setup with the Denon mic and it played static through all three speakers and the mic did not recognize any speaker being setup.
* The video plays fine through the TV while this static is happening.
* In HDMI setup if I switch to "TV" instead of "Amp" the audio plays fine though the TV.
Any/All suggestions greatly appreciated.
|Denon Avr 888 7 1 Channel 5 1 2 Channel Independent Zone Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi I O And Ser|