the "official Denon AVR-2308ci / AVR-888 owners thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #871 of 875 Old 09-07-2017, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15099 Post(s)
Liked: 7289
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeon View Post
Hi all,

Since a couple of months I do experience a rather strange problem with my AVR 2308: basically the unit is working fine. However, the sound stops on front left after a certain period of time (usually after 20-30 minutes). In that case, I only have sound on front right. Sometimes front-left is restored, sometimes not. After power-off, I have sound on both speakers.

For input, I do use HDMI from various devices (Apple TV etc.).

Do you have an idea how to fix this?

thx, axeon
Sounds like the amp is going bad. Try instead using the "Front B" speaker posts, after powering off the AVR. Press the <Speakers> button on the front panel to change to the Front B speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 875 Old 09-07-2017, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi - thank you! Not sure if I understand. What do you mean exactly by "Try instead using the "Front B" speaker posts"?
post #873 of 875 Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15099 Post(s)
Liked: 7289
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeon View Post
Hi - thank you! Not sure if I understand. What do you mean exactly by "Try instead using the "Front B" speaker posts"?
Look on the back of the 2308. There are two sets of Front speaker posts ... Front A and Front B, normally designed for when someone wants to use a dedicated set of speakers for music listening. So power the 2308 OFF. Then move the FL/FR speaker wires from the Front A L/R posts to the Front B L/R posts. Power the 2308 on and then press the SPEAKERS button on the front panel until you see Front B selected. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then it's time for either repair or upgrade to a more current AVR.

post #874 of 875 Old 09-07-2017, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
ok, got it. I will change the set-up and give it a try. Thanks a lot!
post #875 of 875 Old 09-07-2017, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. As described on p. 48 of the Owner's manual, the FADER function will reduce the volume of the Front (FL/C/FR) or Rear (SL/SR, SBL/SBR) speakers together the same amount up to -12db.
2. There is no reset, rather you would have to manually adjust the speaker volume levels back to their original levels or use the Parameter Check - Restore setting, p. 25, to return to the original Audyssey settings
Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 888 7 1 Channel 5 1 2 Channel Independent Zone Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi I O And Ser

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page