I purchased an AVR-888 from Circuit City on clearance 2 days ago for the ridiculous price of $380. I can't believe i got it so cheap, this model isnt even 1 year old yet ( supposedly released on 10/07 )..
Anyway I have a few questions..
First my setup
1. LG 47LC7DF TV
2. Xbox 360 running component 1080i, output on HDMI through receiver, audio through optical
3. PS3 running 1080p HDMI to receiver
4. Comcast cable box running 1080i through HDMI to receiver
Everything is output on 1 HDMI to the TV
Here are my questions.
1. On the Xbox and Cable box, i have the option to choose DolbyDigital + PLIIx , to upconvert the 5.1 signals from those to 7.1... On the PS3 I do not get the option for Dolby PLIIx at all.. Why is that? What should the output be if i am trying to have the PS3 be always 7.1?
On the PS3 i have all of the sound decoding options checked off if that matters.
2. On the On Screen Display Menu, under the Parameters option, According to the manual I should have options 1,2,3,4,5 and possibly more past 5.. On none of my inputs do I have Option 4, and I am not sure if there are any options below 5 but if there are, I don't have those either.. Why is that?
Honestly other than this, everything else works perfectly..I had some HDMI issues with my cable box, but these were solved by changing the HDMI output from RGB to YCC, since I did that, HDMI has worked perfectly with my Comcast box. For those of you that don't know how to change that, turn off your cable box, then hit the Menu button on your comcast remote, it will launch a white/gray screen where you can change your HD output settings and HDMI settings..Just hit menu again once you're done.