Normally I would call tech support, but I have to run to work so I wanted to throw this out there to see if I could get my problem solved through the collective wisdom of AVSforum:
I have an AVR 2105 that I bought used recently, but it's in great condition and has been working flawlessly. This morning, I turn the power on to listen to some music, walk away, and then I hear the relay "click" as it turns off.
I try to turn it on again, it turns back off after a few seconds.
This is the sequence:
1. Hit the power button (the on/standby one)
2. Everything starts up normally, the light around the power button is flashing slowly green.
3. The display goes through its normal sequence: "Digital" then "AV Surround" then "Receiver", with a couple of normal-sounding relay clicks.
4. Right after the word "Receiver" disappears, the unit gives another relay click and shuts off completely.
5. Right as it shuts off, the light around the power button is now flashing orange about 2-3 times a second.
Like I said, had no time for thorough troubleshooting but i tried turning the main power button off for a minute, and then when I turned it back on the power light was now solid orange like it should be. But when I hit the "on/standby" button to turn on the receiver, the problem happens again. Happens every time, with the net result being that the orange light is sitting there flashing at me. I turned the main power off and unplugged the unit and went to work.
Any thoughts on what this could be? And suggestions for troubleshooting options when I get home from work?