Tell me what you think. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum since I have joined. For the majority of the time, I have reserached the forums trying to gain an idea of what I was looking for.

If you would all be so kind as to assist me in my decision making process, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. I am on a budget so I cannot afford to throw away to much money. I was hoping to see if this would work. This setup will be for my bedroom.

Harman Kardon AVR 147 (Factory Refurbished)
X-LS Bookshelf Speakers
Elemental Designs A2-300

This will be in addtion to the 32" toshiba lcd and xbox 360 w/ hdmi.

I listen to LOTS of music and starting to watch a few more movies. My room is pretty small b/c I am still in college living in an apartment.

What do you think of this setup?
Any changes or suggestions?
All feedback is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

It sounds like a good deal but I think if you asked in the subwoofer forum you might get better recommendations at that price point.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

anyone?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk02bird View Post

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum since I have joined. For the majority of the time, I have reserached the forums trying to gain an idea of what I was looking for.

If you would all be so kind as to assist me in my decision making process, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. I am on a budget so I cannot afford to throw away to much money. I was hoping to see if this would work. This setup will be for my bedroom.

Harman Kardon AVR 147 (Factory Refurbished)
X-LS Bookshelf Speakers
Elemental Designs A2-300

This will be in addtion to the 32" toshiba lcd and xbox 360 w/ hdmi.

I listen to LOTS of music and starting to watch a few more movies. My room is pretty small b/c I am still in college living in an apartment.

What do you think of this setup?
Any changes or suggestions?
All feedback is greatly appreciated.

What I've read about subs leads me to think that AV123's own x-sub is a better choice if listening to music is your primary use. If you think you're headed for more and more movie viewing though, the eD's seem to get the highest marks for a budget sub. Finally, if an eD sub is what you decide to buy, do it before January 1 - eD has announced a price increase (IIRC, $25 for the A2-300).
post #5 of 5 Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

FYI, the AVR 147 does not process audio over HDMI so you will need to run the optical connection from the 360 to 147 for any sound out of the receiver. Premium 360 systems with the HDMI did not come with the optical audio adapter (when using HDMI) and these adapters run about $50 if you can even find them for sale. If you have an Elite system it should have came with it. So if you have the premium you might as well not buy the adapter and put the $50 towards a receiver that processes audio through HDMI.

If you want audio via HDMI I would recommend the Sony DG-710 which is the cheapest receiver right now that processed audio through HDMI.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page