Want to replace my receiver, need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an Integra 8.2 and would like to replace it with something that has HDMI inputs and decodes the new lossless audio codecs.

I have a 5.1 setup with Paradigm speakers. I use the system for both movies/TV and listening to music, though movies/TV is the majority of it.

The receivers I am considering are Marantz SR8002, Integra 8.8 or Onkyo version, and the Sherwood Newcastle R972, but am open to other suggestions

Thanks in advance for your help

Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. I just bought a SR8002 this Christmas. It was a drastic improvement over my Denon 3803. The power is roughly the same, 110 to 125 but the sound quality of the 8002 is unbelievable and the set up -s like super easy. I had it connected, set-up and running in two hours. I use LSA speakers and the sound for music is almost as good as my 25k stereo! The 8002 has a band width from 8hz to 30khz which is drastic compared to the others you mention that are 20hz to 20khz area. My two cents..
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debk3141 View Post

I currently have an Integra 8.2 and would like to replace it with something that has HDMI inputs and decodes the new lossless audio codecs.

I have a 5.1 setup with Paradigm speakers. I use the system for both movies/TV and listening to music, though movies/TV is the majority of it.

The receivers I am considering are Marantz SR8002, Integra 8.8 or Onkyo version, and the Sherwood Newcastle R972, but am open to other suggestions

Debra

Depending on your # of devices you want with HDMI, I have an Onkyo 605 (2 HDMI inputs, 1 out) and it plays excellent audio. It has passthrough capabilities, so you will not lose any PQ either to your display. I have everything set up with HDMI and I love the PQ and audio with the DTS-HD MA bitstreamed from my Blu_Ray player, which is the clearest and best audio out there right now. Of course, if you need more than 2 HDMI inputs, you would have to think of the Onkyo 705 or 805 depending on your set up. This is my 2 cents anyway....

Sauron lives in us all!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by debk3141 View Post

Debra

If you have the money, then for under $2k get the NAD T775. I did, because I love the NAD amps, and it is a stunning piece of equipment.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

If you need more HDMI inputs then Monoprice is your friend. Excellent remote controlled switches for a lot less than the difference in receiver prices to get a few more HDMI inputs.

Jerry the HT Nut
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page