Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 195 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5821 of 5834 Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I actually like running two HDMI outs from my Oppo BDP-105. I have one to my projector for video and one to the SSP-800 for audio.

"Music is my religion"
Jimi Hendrix

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5834 Old 07-14-2014, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also run two HDMI cables out of my BDP-105, one to my SSP-800 for audio and one to my 65xbr900A for video. The only drawback is the loss of OSD for the OPPO.
post #5823 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So I recently got a heck of a deal on a used ssp-800. I had thought about selling it, but man it sounds GREAT. Dynamic and accurate but just a bit of smoothness on the top end. Just getting to know it, but a pretty easy unit to set-up thus far.

My plans are to use a SVS AS-EQ1 to take care of my subwoofers. I typically don't like room EQ other than the subs anyways.

That said, I might be looking for a Delta series 3 or 5 channel amp if anyone out there is looking to sell theirs?

I have a butler audio 5150 I like a lot, and if I can find a 2250 I might use one to drive my mains and the 5150 to drive the centers and rears, but having heard this pre-amp, I'd really like to have a Classe driving my mains...

Drop me a PM if anyone is looking to sell. Thanks!
post #5824 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by green giant View Post
So I recently got a heck of a deal on a used ssp-800. I had thought about selling it, but man it sounds GREAT. Dynamic and accurate but just a bit of smoothness on the top end.

Quote:
My plans are to use a SVS AS-EQ1 to take care of my subwoofers. I typically don't like room EQ other than the subs anyways.
The PEQ in the SSP-800 not cutting it for your subs? I find it quite adequate for my 4 subs (driven in pairs).

Quote:
That said, I might be looking for a Delta series 3 or 5 channel amp if anyone out there is looking to sell theirs?

I have a butler audio 5150 I like a lot, and if I can find a 2250 I might use one to drive my mains and the 5150 to drive the centers and rears, but having heard this pre-amp, I'd really like to have a Classe driving my mains...
I'm adding 4 height speakers for Atmos, so I need to swap out the CA-201 currently driving my mains for a multichannel amp. In case that's of interest.
post #5825 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
So I recently got a heck of a deal on a used ssp-800. I had thought about selling it, but man it sounds GREAT. Dynamic and accurate but just a bit of smoothness on the top end. Just getting to know it, but a pretty easy unit to set-up thus far.

Drop me a PM if anyone is looking to sell. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

The PEQ in the SSP-800 not cutting it for your subs? I find it quite adequate for my 4 subs (driven in pairs).

I'm adding 4 height speakers for Atmos, so I need to swap out the CA-201 currently driving my mains for a multichannel amp. In case that's of interest.
I suppose I could run REW and use the parametric EQ to EQ the subs, but Audyseey XT does the job great and is easy...
post #5826 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

Which processor you planning to use for Atmos?
post #5827 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
Which processor you planning to use for Atmos?
First processor I can get. Probably the Marantz AV7702. The main 7.1 will use the SSP-800 7.1 bypass. Here's the room plan:

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 07-18-2014 at 06:51 PM.
post #5828 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
First processor I can get. Probably the Marantz AV7702. The main 7.1 will use the SSP-800 7.1 bypass. Here's the room plan:

Nice one Roger.

Do you find monopole surrounds (side rear) should be mounted above ear level? Some feel the tweeter should be ear level like the mains. But different schools of thought on this subject (as usual).
post #5829 of 5834 Old 07-18-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
Nice one Roger.

Do you find monopole surrounds (side rear) should be mounted above ear level? Some feel the tweeter should be ear level like the mains. But different schools of thought on this subject (as usual).
Thanks.

Yes, I believe firmly that surrounds should be elevated. In my case, they are all 20 deg (so the rears are 6" higher on the wall to account for the longer distance).
post #5830 of 5834 Old 07-19-2014, 04:42 AM

I could use a little help with the subwoofer settings on my SSP-800.

I'm having a hard time getting it to let me run dual subs, with mono output with my mains crossed over.

It seems to allow me to run "double" bass (bass content going to mains and subs) in mono, or crossed over with the subs set up as Left and Right stereo. But for some reason when I try to set it up with dual subs mono and mains crossed over... it won't allow me to change the level on the subwoofer. Not sure if that makes sense.

It also seems when I have the subs on that all of my levels are a bit lower from a DB perspective (suppose I could check this with my DB meter today)

Any tips would be helpful.
post #5831 of 5834 Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
I suppose I could run REW and use the parametric EQ to EQ the subs, but Audyseey XT does the job great and is easy...
Unfortunately, it also inserts additional A/D/A conversions.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #5832 of 5834 Old 07-19-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I could use a little help with the subwoofer settings on my SSP-800.

I'm having a hard time getting it to let me run dual subs, with mono output with my mains crossed over.

It seems to allow me to run "double" bass (bass content going to mains and subs) in mono, or crossed over with the subs set up as Left and Right stereo. But for some reason when I try to set it up with dual subs mono and mains crossed over... it won't allow me to change the level on the subwoofer. Not sure if that makes sense.

It also seems when I have the subs on that all of my levels are a bit lower from a DB perspective (suppose I could check this with my DB meter today)

Any tips would be helpful.
I use the "2 mono" mode and it works fine. Let's review the setup:
>system setup
>config
>pick config 1-6
>speakers
>aux channels
>subs
>2 mono

>back >back to the speaker setup page
>speaker config
>subwoofer
>sub enabled, and e-bass off
>home

When 2 subs are active, the bass level is dropped in each to compensate for the combination. If only one sub is operating, it may seem quieter. Are both subs playing? If you go to the room EQ page, scroll to the subwoofer, the select it. The test noise will come on for one of your subs. Now select Aux 2. The other sub should play the noise.

Does all this happen?
post #5833 of 5834 Old 07-26-2014, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Resurrecting "lost" inputs

My installer deleted 14 unused inputs/channels from my SSP-800 with the thought that I wouldn't have to cycle through all 20 in order to switch inputs. Recently I've added an A&K 240 hi-rez player and a NAD C446 internet tuner which I have had to route through an Oppo BDP-105 player. Unfortunately the Oppo has some issues with 192kHz/24bit files and I need to feed it directly to the SSP-800. I've scoured this thread and the internet generally but have found no instruction as to how to restore a couple of the deleted or hidden inputs. The instruction book appears lacking/obtuse for my aging cerebral faculties, so short of calling tech support in Canada this appears the obvious pace to ask.

How does one bring the deleted inputs/channels back to life?
(without doing a complete reset which I believe would remove all my settings for the other inputs) My installer has moved away and is unavailable to do the job.

Any simple advice for this non-techie would be greatly appreciated
post #5834 of 5834 Old 07-26-2014, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanoutaoz View Post
My installer deleted 14 unused inputs/channels from my SSP-800 with the thought that I wouldn't have to cycle through all 20 in order to switch inputs. Recently I've added an A&K 240 hi-rez player and a NAD C446 internet tuner which I have had to route through an Oppo BDP-105 player. Unfortunately the Oppo has some issues with 192kHz/24bit files and I need to feed it directly to the SSP-800. I've scoured this thread and the internet generally but have found no instruction as to how to restore a couple of the deleted or hidden inputs. The instruction book appears lacking/obtuse for my aging cerebral faculties, so short of calling tech support in Canada this appears the obvious pace to ask.

How does one bring the deleted inputs/channels back to life?
(without doing a complete reset which I believe would remove all my settings for the other inputs) My installer has moved away and is unavailable to do the job.

Any simple advice for this non-techie would be greatly appreciated

Press the Menu key on the front panel then on the touch screen 'system setup'->'input'->'next input'
Keep pressing 'next input' until the you reach the input you would like to re-enable. Press 'in use' so that it is highlighted. press 'next input' to keep enabling inputs or configure the newly activated input for use or press 'home' to get out.

Remember to put the unit in standby (front panel standby switch) to save the new settings.

The current active input will have 'in use' grayed out, available inputs will be highlighted, deactivated inputs will not be highlighted.

Last edited by wildtangent; 07-26-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page