Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Thanks guys for the mini feedback. I have spend a lot of this rainy day on the net doing research. I think I will be fine. Just need to dive in and start my learning curve. It will be great when I have ripped my CDs and also have the ability to buy music on demand and controlled thru my iPad. Can't wait to get started.

One additional new topic question please. Don't listen to your weak system link when intoxicated. I do a fair amount of headphone listening late night. My Senheisser phones took a crap and I purchased a stop gap pair of AKG K550 cans last year. I run these thru Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 amp and X-PSU V3. I have my Cambridge Audio Azure running HDMI into the Classe and RCAs into the headphone amp. It's worked fine but I am only able to listen to Blu-Ray and CDs.

I miss the Sennheiser sound and may also upgrade my amp. How can I move the headphone amp into the Classe chain and use headphones/amp to listen to any source i.e TiVo, my Cambridge Audio universal or my up and coming Mac Mini? I would like to be able to listen to any source thru headphones. I think this would work with tape out but that is not an option so how can I move the headphone amp into my Classe arena? I can continue to use RCAs into the amp for the Cambridge and for the mini I could use HDMI and also another digital connection into the headphone amp. Just wondering if there is a way to avoid these dual connections and have one connection to Classe and will get headphone sound no matter the source.

Thanks again

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
How can I move the headphone amp into the Classe chain and use headphones/amp to listen to any source i.e TiVo, my Cambridge Audio universal or my up and coming Mac Mini?
If you are not currently using the Aux outputs, you can change all the existing Configs to set up the Aux1/2 outputs to Stereo Downmix. Can be fixed if you want to use the volume control on the headphone amp, or can be variable if you want to use the SSP's volume control. Feed those to the headphone amp. Fixed might be better, then you can turn down the SSP's volume so the speakers are quiet while using the headphones.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
Old 12-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
If you are not currently using the Aux outputs, you can change all the existing Configs to set up the Aux1/2 outputs to Stereo Downmix. Can be fixed if you want to use the volume control on the headphone amp, or can be variable if you want to use the SSP's volume control. Feed those to the headphone amp. Fixed might be better, then you can turn down the SSP's volume so the speakers are quiet while using the headphones.
Hey thanks again Roger. This may work and I can use XLR amp to Classe. Great!

Appreciate the tip. May send you a PM if any questions.

Rick

Tags
Classe