Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 200 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #5971 of 5999 Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsof1 View Post
I use all 6 Configurations as follows :

Satellite TV with speaker levels to suit source - 1 configuration with speakers crossed over at 80 / 1 configuration with Speakers at Full +sub with E bass ( crossed over is default setting );
Bluray/AppleTV/TV " " - " " "
CD with levels to suit source - 1Configuration with Speaker crossed over Stereo Left /Right + sub only "
Other Speaker levels to reference level 80 db - 1 configuration Speakers crossed over at reference /no tweaking of surrounds /subs etc to suit source to use as reference .

This way I can at a press of a remote button listen to the different configurations/allocate to an input as a default at will .( just cannot decide which sounds better -running speakers full or crossed over - this will remain an ongoing debate , but I have both options dialled in )

Delay settings - this obviously done by adjusting the surround speaker distances ....any calculations/tips on how to do this correctly ??
I just used a physical measurement for speaker distances, except when it came to my sub distance setting. That is a completely different ball of wax! I could explain, in more detail, if you are interested.

Enjoy Listening!
Dave

I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical.
(Arthur C. Clarke)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 5999 Old 02-22-2015, 03:32 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
Patrick B&W Group North America
Hello Patrick,

Has Classe evaluated this for the next proessor it might be worth integrating DIRAC Live since companies like

- AP20 (for professional cinema), http://datasatdigital.com/cinema/products/ap20.php

- Datasat RS20i: http://datasatdigital.com/consumer/products/rs20i.php ($20,000)

- Theta Digital Casablanca: http://www.thetadigital.com/casablan...ler_info.shtml ($19,995)

- Emotiva XMC1: https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1 ($1,999)

and the

- MiniDSP Dirac series:
http://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/nanoAVR%20DL%20User%20Manual.pdf ($549)
post #5973 of 5999 Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3548 Post(s)
Liked: 1235
Thumbs up Link's access

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Hello Patrick,

There are not too many ATMOS discs to date 18 blu ray. I suspect that many will become more available as time goes by! Here are all the movies released in ATMOS http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experienc...os/movies.html

I suspect that it will be like
DTS MA 7.1 there are 940 movies to date ( http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search...&action=search )

205 in Dolby TrueHD 7.1( http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search...&action=search )

AURO 3D has almost no movies mixed http://www.auro-3d.com/consumer/

And yes please play with DIRAC they are used in DATASAT which masters a lot of movies!
♦ Test: To see if I can help make your links accessible.

Yes, they are now.
post #5974 of 5999 Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
♦ Test: To see if I can help make your links accessible. Yes, they are now.
Gracias
post #5975 of 5999 Old 02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3548 Post(s)
Liked: 1235
Quote:
Gracias
It is very simple: when you write (type, post) a URL link or IMG link (image, photo, video, ...); you never put a character @ the beginning and @ the end, that is right beside that URL link or IMG picture.

Example: a) ([URL=http://..........[/URL]) = No good
b) ( [URL= http://............[/URL] ) = Good

* In b) nothing is touching the opening and end of that URL address. ...In a) it simply won't work because you didn't leave an empty space @ the beginning, and @ the end too. If you put a character @ either one of the two ends it just won't work, the URL or/and IMG address has to be free of one space @ both ends.

See, very simple. ...And you most likely just forgot.
post #5976 of 5999 Old 02-23-2015, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi WSE,

Unknown. However I do know that Dave Nauber is always looking for ways to make Classé products better, and he was just at ISE where B&W Group was using a Dirac capable processor. I am happy to entertain any new technology that promises (and actually delivers) real performance, and I admit to being jaded by room correction software that I have used that delivers better measured performance (frequency response is flatter) while simultaneously sucking the life out of what it delivers. Clearly the software needs some work, but I think in the fullness of time will get there.

Regards,

Patrick

Quote:
Hello Patrick,

Has Classe evaluated this for the next proessor it might be worth integrating DIRAC Live since companies like

- AP20 (for professional cinema), http://datasatdigital.com/cinema/products/ap20.php

- Datasat RS20i: http://datasatdigital.com/consumer/products/rs20i.php ($20,000)

- Theta Digital Casablanca: http://www.thetadigital.com/casablan...ler_info.shtml ($19,995)

- Emotiva XMC1: https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1 ($1,999)

and the

- MiniDSP Dirac series:
http://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/nanoAVR%20DL%20User%20Manual.pdf ($549)
post #5977 of 5999 Old 02-23-2015, 09:06 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi WSE, Unknown. However I do know that Dave Nauber is always looking for ways to make Classé products better, and he was just at ISE where B&W Group was using a Dirac capable processor. I am happy to entertain any new technology that promises (and actually delivers) real performance, and I admit to being jaded by room correction software that I have used that delivers better measured performance (frequency response is flatter) while simultaneously sucking the life out of what it delivers. Clearly the software needs some work, but I think in the fullness of time will get there. Regards, Patrick
Thank you Patrick, I am glad Classe is experimenting with DIRAC it can't be all that bad if DATASAT is using it

Did you ever get plots for the AM-1 I bought two pairs to add to my B&W collection
post #5978 of 5999 Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Need some advice with configuration and speaker settings. Assuming my input to the ssp-800 is from my oppo 105 analog outs. LF/LR, center,LR and RR, and sub to ssp-800 with RCA cables. Sacd output is DSD and multichannel. Ssp-800 input set to multi-channel bypass. My oppo 105 is playing DSOTM SACD track 1.

Question- is the sub output from the 105 to the ssp-800 -10dB down from the other channels and if yes, in bypass mode can I raise sub level in the Classe?

I'm having problems with my LFE when listening to sacd in this setup, very low levels. Looking for possible causes and solutions.

South Florida is my Theater
Listen to live music and recreate it at home.
post #5979 of 5999 Old 02-27-2015, 12:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post
Question- is the sub output from the 105 to the ssp-800 -10dB down from the other channels and if yes, in bypass mode can I raise sub level in the Classe?
Build a new Config (>System Setup >Configuration >pick an unused one to activate). Set the Levels of the 5.1 speakers as needed. Probably can copy the same values used for other Configs for the main 5 speakers. For the Sub, add as much boost as you like.

Define a new input. just for this 5.1 analog source. The audio input connector is "7.1 bypass" and assign the new configuration to it. Now every time you select this input, the bass is elevated as needed. Select any other input with other configs, and the bass is back to normal.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #5980 of 5999 Old 02-27-2015, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Roger- I just purchased a used Classe CT-SSP to go along with my 2 Classe Ct-5300 and was planning on using it simultaneously with my Marantz 7702 for Atmos and it sounds like you have an A/B switcher for this? Can you tell me what you use? It seems like you notice very little sound degradation if any?
post #5981 of 5999 Old 02-27-2015, 02:33 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ If you are using one sub, as in 7.1, and XLR connections, you can use a single DB-25 switch box, like this:

I am using DB-25 to XLR cables from Seismic Audio, and they handle 8 channels each. You'll need 2 of the female cables for input from each unit, and one male for output to the amps.

Re sound quality -- I am unable to detect any degradation. I am using 2 such boxes, one for XLR connections to main 7-ch amps, and another for RCA connections to 4 height speakers and subs. The RCA switch is noiseless. The XLR switch makes a sharp snat (one sharp click) when I change it. I guess there's more of a DC difference between the XLRs in the 7702 and SSP0-800 than the RCAs. If the music/movie is a decent loudness, it is not bad. Under quiet audio, it's annoying. But it is not harmful, and can be avoided by switching when the amps are off or muted (IIRC the Classe amps can be muted).

If for some reason you want better switch contacts, or want remote control. this option will drop right in to replace the data switch and can use the same wires. Can either cut off the DB-25 connectors and wire them into the Pheonix connectors, or get 3 of the breakout boards shown below. It will still make the audible snat, though.

Deadwood Atmos theater
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #5982 of 5999 Old 02-27-2015, 05:45 PM

SSP/Marantz Switching

Hey Roger,
Thanks again for the quick reply. That was very generous of you to show me all the ins and outs of how you set everything up. It's good to know I am not crazy in having both of these pre/pro's! I think I am going to try your solution so that I can compare them easily, but then I am also thinking of getting some higher end cables such as the Audioquest Yukon XLR's to connect directly from my CT-5300's to my CT-SSP. Using your switching situation it doesn't appear you would be able to run higher end cables. Are you not a believer in these or is this your solution for comparison?

I am torn on spending big dollars on XLR Cables and RCA's but it appears that most people that have higher end gear all swear by it. I guess if I made such a large investment in equipment it makes sense to get great cables too but darn those prices hurt! Do you or anyone have experience with Audioquest vs. say Kimber Kable or others? It all seems so daunting.
post #5983 of 5999 Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagledog View Post
Hey Roger,
Thanks again for the quick reply. That was very generous of you to show me all the ins and outs of how you set everything up. It's good to know I am not crazy in having both of these pre/pro's! I think I am going to try your solution so that I can compare them easily, but then I am also thinking of getting some higher end cables such as the Audioquest Yukon XLR's to connect directly from my CT-5300's to my CT-SSP. Using your switching situation it doesn't appear you would be able to run higher end cables. Are you not a believer in these or is this your solution for comparison?
You can get better cables with DB-25 for 5x the cost from Mogami. Link

I suspect the cable would not be the limiting factor, but the switchbox, if anything.

Quote:
I am torn on spending big dollars on XLR Cables and RCA's but it appears that most people that have higher end gear all swear by it. I guess if I made such a large investment in equipment it makes sense to get great cables too but darn those prices hurt! Do you or anyone have experience with Audioquest vs. say Kimber Kable or others? It all seems so daunting.
I have never bought in to the cable jewelry thing. To me, the final system quality is based on what's inside the boxes, not what connects them. I buy my amp cables from Blue Jeans.
Kris Deering likes this.

Deadwood Atmos theater
post #5984 of 5999 Old 02-28-2015, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
You can get better cables with DB-25 for 5x the cost from Mogami. Link

I suspect the cable would not be the limiting factor, but the switchbox, if anything.

I have never bought in to the cable jewelry thing. To me, the final system quality is based on what's inside the boxes, not what connects them. I buy my amp cables from Blue Jeans.
I agree with Roger. I recall an article where the renowned Julian Hirsch, of Stereo Review, a man who wrote more than 4000 equipment test reports, once used the term “pure snake oil” regarding the merits of overpriced “hi end interconnects and speaker cables”.

The Blue Jeans Cable website has a lot of good solid common sense information regarding interconnects.
I also use Blue Jeans cables. Their RCA interconnects fit just so, (think Goldilocks and the Three Bears... not too tight, not too loose, just so)

Once I get my Hi-Fi rack rearranged to accommodate all of my new (for me) gear (SSP-800, CA-5300, Oppo BDP-105 and a DirecTV Genie etc. I plan on ordering Blue Jeans XLR interconnects.

Last edited by JDEATON; 02-28-2015 at 06:49 AM.
post #5985 of 5999 Old 02-28-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Build a new Config (>System Setup >Configuration >pick an unused one to activate). Set the Levels of the 5.1 speakers as needed. Probably can copy the same values used for other Configs for the main 5 speakers. For the Sub, add as much boost as you like.

Define a new input. just for this 5.1 analog source. The audio input connector is "7.1 bypass" and assign the new configuration to it. Now every time you select this input, the bass is elevated as needed. Select any other input with other configs, and the bass is back to normal.
Thanks roger. Followed your instructions and levels back to normal. A few weeks ago I completely disassembled my audio rack to make room for a new component. Changed some audio connectors but neglected to properly configure and set levels. Now I have four configurations compared to two, they are Theater, Oppo MCH Analog, Oppo music HDMI, and Vinyl.

listening to DSOTM on Vinyl and bass is at proper level. My old vinyl bass setting was scary, thought the house was coming apart! Amazing what 6dB can do.
Roger Dressler likes this.

post #5986 of 5999 Old 02-28-2015, 05:09 PM

Mr. Hirsch also believed that "any amplifier that is reasonably good and operating as intended has any sound quality of its own." Take that as you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEATON View Post
I agree with Roger. I recall an article where the renowned Julian Hirsch, of Stereo Review, a man who wrote more than 4000 equipment test reports, once used the term “pure snake oil” regarding the merits of overpriced “hi end interconnects and speaker cables”.

The Blue Jeans Cable website has a lot of good solid common sense information regarding interconnects.
I also use Blue Jeans cables. Their RCA interconnects fit just so, (think Goldilocks and the Three Bears... not too tight, not too loose, just so)

Once I get my Hi-Fi rack rearranged to accommodate all of my new (for me) gear (SSP-800, CA-5300, Oppo BDP-105 and a DirecTV Genie etc. I plan on ordering Blue Jeans XLR interconnects.
Sharp1080 likes this.
post #5987 of 5999 Old 03-01-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Mr. Hirsch also believed that "any amplifier that is reasonably good and operating as intended has any sound quality of its own." Take that as you will.
Point taken.

I do think I recall Mr. Hirsch arguing all amplifiers sound the same and I absolutely disagree with that sentiment.

I can attest the sounds I am hearing from my new Classe components are far and away the best I’ve ever heard in my own system.

I have admired, lusted after, and wished to own the SSP-800 since its inception. Now I do, and if anything, my lofty expectations have only been greatly exceeded.

I am honored and thrilled by the fact that this thread is regularly visited by the likes of Roger Dressler, formerly of Dolby Labs and Patrick Butler of B&W Group North America. Their contributions lend immense credibility and bolster my conviction I made the right choice in choosing Classe components.

Regarding interconnects; I am simply saying I do agree with Roger Dressler, the magic happens in the box not in the cable. While I’m no engineer, I do believe any correctly designed and executed 75 ohm interconnect/phono/RCA cable with appropriate shielding and connectors will/should sound indistinguishable from one another.

I may be daft, but I have made my own interconnects out of RG6 Coax and Radio Shack “F” to “RCA” connectors with fine results. My sub is hooked up with a 40’ (in wall) length of RG6. Then again, if I had a do-over I sure would run an XLR cable to my sub but given the choice of repairing sheetrock when I have no issues with single ended RCA’s; well that just isn’t going to happen.

That said, anyone who derives more pleasure and satisfaction from this truly awesome hobby we all share, by investing in more exotic cables, should go for it and don’t let my opinions get in your way.

Last edited by JDEATON; 03-01-2015 at 05:59 AM.
post #5988 of 5999 Old 03-01-2015, 09:17 AM

You and Roger Dressler are absolutely correct- "the magic happens in the box not in the cable." At best cables should contribute nothing, and you can get great sound from competently designed, reasonably priced cabling. The competent part seems to be harder to find than I'd like.

Best wishes,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEATON View Post
Point taken.

I do think I recall Mr. Hirsch arguing all amplifiers sound the same and I absolutely disagree with that sentiment.

I can attest the sounds I am hearing from my new Classe components are far and away the best I’ve ever heard in my own system.

I have admired, lusted after, and wished to own the SSP-800 since its inception. Now I do, and if anything, my lofty expectations have only been greatly exceeded.

I am honored and thrilled by the fact that this thread is regularly visited by the likes of Roger Dressler, formerly of Dolby Labs and Patrick Butler of B&W Group North America. Their contributions lend immense credibility and bolster my conviction I made the right choice in choosing Classe components.

Regarding interconnects; I am simply saying I do agree with Roger Dressler, the magic happens in the box not in the cable. While I’m no engineer, I do believe any correctly designed and executed 75 ohm interconnect/phono/RCA cable with appropriate shielding and connectors will/should sound indistinguishable from one another.

I may be daft, but I have made my own interconnects out of RG6 Coax and Radio Shack “F” to “RCA” connectors with fine results. My sub is hooked up with a 40’ (in wall) length of RG6. Then again, if I had a do-over I sure would run an XLR cable to my sub but given the choice of repairing sheetrock when I have no issues with single ended RCA’s; well that just isn’t going to happen.

That said, anyone who derives more pleasure and satisfaction from this truly awesome hobby we all share, by investing in more exotic cables, should go for it and don’t let my opinions get in your way.
post #5989 of 5999 Old 03-01-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhog View Post
Just reporting back on the above as noted. No start-up failures at all since dropping back to the previous version of the firmware. This seems to have solved the problem for me.
I'm having similar problems losing my sub and some inputs I've been using suddenly showing Not in Use. I'm in process of reinstalling V2.05 and hoping that will fix things. Did you ever reinstall v2.06 software into your SSP-800?

post #5990 of 5999 Old 03-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post
I'm having similar problems losing my sub and some inputs I've been using suddenly showing Not in Use. I'm in process of reinstalling V2.05 and hoping that will fix things. Did you ever reinstall v2.06 software into your SSP-800?
The downgrade restored my sub and the inputs that were showing not in use. Will enjoy it working again for a week or so before I try the upgrade to v2.06 again.

This Steinmeyer Organ in Nidaros Cathedral by Magne H. Draagen sure sounds great in MCH !

post #5991 of 5999 Old 03-03-2015, 12:55 AM

Thanks again to all for your input regarding cables. I ended up purchasing XLR's from Kimber Kable (Hero) which are certainly far from cheap although I was able to acquire them for about 35% less retail. Perhaps I will just try them for awhile and see how it goes as I can always sell them in the future. My SSP arrives later this week and I am quite excited. For now I will have my Marantz 7702 at the top of my rack with my SSP and Oppo 105D at the bottom. I have enough XLR's that I will just leave the ones hanging from the Marantz when not listening to Atmos (Which obviously is most of the time for now), but have easy access to switch them from those attached to the SSP when needed. I estimate it will take me fewer than 2 minutes. Roger's idea is beyond brilliant and if I want to do comparisons or tire of that technique I will willingly steal his ideas!

My room has been completely treated so I am anxious to hear what the comparisons of the Marantz and SSP will provide for 7.3. Also, with more Atmos movies recently released or soon to be released, I hope to be watching several a month at minimum! (On Any Sunday, John Wick-just released with Gravity, Mokingjay Vol 1 and Unbroken all set to release this month.) NOW we are starting to get some good titles!
post #5992 of 5999 Old 03-04-2015, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys when u compare classe 5200 to cav 500 which one is better? ty
post #5993 of 5999 Old 03-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagledog View Post
Thanks again to all for your input regarding cables. I ended up purchasing XLR's from Kimber Kable (Hero) which are certainly far from cheap although I was able to acquire them for about 35% less retail. Perhaps I will just try them for awhile and see how it goes as I can always sell them in the future. My SSP arrives later this week and I am quite excited. For now I will have my Marantz 7702 at the top of my rack with my SSP and Oppo 105D at the bottom. I have enough XLR's that I will just leave the ones hanging from the Marantz when not listening to Atmos (Which obviously is most of the time for now), but have easy access to switch them from those attached to the SSP when needed. I estimate it will take me fewer than 2 minutes. Roger's idea is beyond brilliant and if I want to do comparisons or tire of that technique I will willingly steal his ideas!

My room has been completely treated so I am anxious to hear what the comparisons of the Marantz and SSP will provide for 7.3. Also, with more Atmos movies recently released or soon to be released, I hope to be watching several a month at minimum! (On Any Sunday, John Wick-just released with Gravity, Mokingjay Vol 1 and Unbroken all set to release this month.) NOW we are starting to get some good titles!
Beagledog,

I think you are in for a treat.

I was a bit skeptical regarding whether or not the SSP 800 would sound discernibly different/better than a high quality Marantz/Pioneer/Integra/Yamaha/Arcam pre pro or receiver, but it really does.

In my case, for comparison I have an older Marantz SR9600 Receiver.
This box was previously in our home theater and now resides in our living room. It is an awesome HDMI 1.1, nearly 60Lb copper clad chassis receiver that dates from 2006. (A lifetime in hi-fi electronics, I know.)

Nonetheless it was a flagship piece from Marantz at the time. (Note there are currently no 9xxx series products offered by Marantz. At present Marantz finest is 8xxx series.)

Between the Marantz and the Classe, I had an Arcam AVR600.

The Arcam, a fine unit in its own right, is going up for sale; the old Marantz is staying.

Not trying to disparage Marantz (or Arcam) in any way, just saying from a pure sound quality perspective, in my opinion, the SSP-800 is a step above any of the current or previous Marantz offerings.

I am envious of your “treated” room.

Last edited by JDEATON; 03-04-2015 at 10:15 AM.
post #5994 of 5999 Old 03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
You can get better cables with DB-25 for 5x the cost from Mogami. Link I have never bought in to the cable jewelry thing. To me, the final system quality is based on what's inside the boxes, not what connects them. I buy my amp cables from Blue Jeans.
Same here cable jewelry is pretty but in my HO a waist of Money.

When I first started in this hobby a very long time ago and the internet didn't exist, I got seduced by Monster's and Kimber's marketing but then I learn very quickly that I was paying for marketing and advertising and lining up the pockets of dealers and companies for COPPER!

Now for the past ten plus years I learned and I now buy cables from BJC and Markertek

- Mogami, Canaree, Belden are the cables I get for analog and Monoprice for my HDMi cables they work great and I save money for Blu Ray movies and Music

By the way have you seen this one! $12,000 Transparent Reference XL Speaker Cables to go along with the $50,000 Dan D’Agostino Momentum Monoblock Amplifier

Last edited by wse; 03-04-2015 at 12:07 PM.
post #5995 of 5999 Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys when u compare classe 5200 to cav 500 which one is better? ty
post #5996 of 5999 Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have used in the past MIT,Cardas,Blue Jeans, and now Transparent. I personally heard a difference with each brand. I also have a dedicated room as some of you also have. If you as end users don't hear a difference with it that is fine but jumping on the bandwagon has never been my lifestyle. There are more people buying cables and enjoying their systems than those continuing the argument of them all sounding the same. It's funny how people will rag on someone spending 10K on cables, but take a vacation and spend that in one week and not blink an eye. Or buy your wife that piece of "WTF is this" she wanted you to get her and not say a word. Let's not even get into buying new cars. This was my system two weeks ago with the D Agostino's on loan for me to audition. The dealer only left them for a few hours. Fire away I'm here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	585793  

Last edited by Sharp1080; Yesterday at 05:43 PM.
post #5997 of 5999 Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM

Question on the programming of triggers. I'm using trigger 1 to turn on/off my halo JC3+ phono preamp and it works perfectly. Rather than having the phono preamp on all the time I wanted to try turning it on/off only when I choose input 5 which is my turntable setup. I selected and highlighted input 5 but it doesn't change trigger operation. Checked owners manual but no more guidance provided. Hoping someone has experience with trigger setup.

post #5998 of 5999 Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ You have to de-select the Standby/Operate mode to allow the Input events to take effect. They are "wired-OR" in operation.

Deadwood Atmos theater
post #5999 of 5999 Old Today, 09:29 PM

Quote:
^^ You have to de-select the Standby/Operate mode to allow the Input events to take effect. They are "wired-OR" in operation.
Thanks roger. That worked perfectly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe