Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 205 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes
post #6121 of 6127 Old 08-01-2015, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Dave Nauber from Classé has said that dealing with object based audio would require a new DSP also, and as wse writes you would need to add additional XLR outputs somehow to really benefit from all this which seems unlikely to happen.
The SSP-800 could do 9.1 in its current physical form at the most, or 7.2.2 probably makes more sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 6127 Old 08-01-2015, 12:59 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by urskog View Post
Dave Nauber from Classé has said that dealing with object based audio would require a new DSP also, and as wse writes you would need to add additional XLR outputs somehow to really benefit from all this which seems unlikely to happen. The SSP-800 could do 9.1 in its current physical form at the most, or 7.2.2 probably makes more sense.
7.2.2 could work for now But I doubt they will offer it! So I might have to get the new Marantz
post #6123 of 6127 Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wsee is probably right, although I personally would love if they would offer even just 7.1.2. That would be ideal for my small space!

Well, just if anyone reading this should be intrested, I have made my final dissision to make the Classé SSP 800 /B&W purchase! I was just so blown away by the astonishing sound quality I discovered the other day at my local dealer, that I decided to take the plunge! Although, in order for this to work properly in my rather small Space (about 18/20M2) I have had to completely move everything around in order to get a good result! My dealer has been with me all the way, and in the past week furnatures have swiched placing, some even have had to go and have now been replaced with some smaller ones to insure a good soundstage, and the TV also had to move together with my sattelite instalation!

Now I am almost reddy to have the system installed, and concerning this I am creating a list of what sources should be connected to the ssp 800! There are lots of digital indputs, more than enough for me, however, to me it seems that I'll quickly run out of analogue indputs unfortunatlly! Being an analogue guy also, still owning both a cassette dec, a real-to-real tape machine, a vinyl reccord player, some old video machines with analogue connections, as well as some mixing equipment with analogue outputs also, I was wondering if there would be any way to connect more analogue sourses to the SSP than via the 3 that are built in to the ssp (the one XLR and the 2 RCA indputs)?
By that I mean if some sort of hub-like thing (switchbox)? do exist, a device with more annalogue connections you could connect to one of the inputs of the SSP and thereafter connect your remaining sources to this device and then use the device itself to swich between the analogue inputs?

I have been trawling through various websites, but cannot seem to locate such a device. If these do exist could you please recommend anyone in perticular for my system?

All the best from Allan soon the happy owner of a Classé system concisting of:
1 ssp 800
1 Ca 2300 and one CA 5300
2X B&W 803D
1 B&W htm2
4 B&W 805D on stands
1 B&W DB1 Sub.
Various connected devices like Sat-receiver (SKY and europe satellites) oppo 105D and others!

Last edited by mallanikkelsen; 08-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.
post #6124 of 6127 Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallanikkelsen View Post
Being an analogue guy also, still owning both a cassette dec, a real-to-real tape machine, a vinyl reccord player, some old video machines with analogue connections, as well as some mixing equipment with analogue outputs also, I was wondering if there would be any way to connect more analogue sourses to the SSP than via the 3 that are built in to the ssp (the one XLR and the 2 RCA indputs)?
Congratulations on the new kit, Allan. I know you will enjoy it. Mine is all in temporary storage while our new house gets built. Am having withdrawal symptoms.

For switching, even a simple, passive box (no noise or distortion) might do the job nicely. This one will handle audio alone and also the composite video. Link.

Deadwood Atmos theater [HTOM]
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #6125 of 6127 Old 08-02-2015, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Roger

Thanks for your reply! I am happy to know that these devices do exist, and I'll surtainly be purchasing one very soon!

BTW I understand your withdrawal symptoms. Even though I havent had my kit installed yet, I have a hard time waiting! Luckily all of the moving around of furnatures and such is almost at an end, and now all that is left is to run some more cables from my sattelite dish to the new location of the TV.

All the best from Allan
post #6126 of 6127 Old 08-02-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Official Classe SSP-800 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallyconfused View Post
Agreed, love the unit, even better than the Anthem D2v 3D I have downstairs, but still it is a PIA, I am thinking it is a programming or setting issue. Nothing else I have had had this "feature" and often I just hit the up volume to get on with business like I do with all of my other electronics and then mine does come back to ____

I actually hate the way Anthem implemented the Mute/Vol- logic. I wish you could adjust volume (down at least) while it was muted without it unmuting itself. Good for late night listening when things suddenly get loud and you hit mute in a rush. Having to unmute in order to LOWER the volume is ridiculous.

Sounds like Classe didn't get it quite right either, but a step in the right direction. Lexicon had it perfect. I think my old Sony ES was the same.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #6127 of 6127 Unread Today, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
Congratulations on the new kit, Allan. I know you will enjoy it. Mine is all in temporary storage while our new house gets built. Am having withdrawal symptoms.

For switching, even a simple, passive box (no noise or distortion) might do the job nicely. This one will handle audio alone and also the composite video. Link.

I know what you mean regarding the number of analog inputs…

For a devise that does analog so well the number of analog inputs seems a bit stingy.

In my case I use the 7.1 analog inputs for my Oppo BDP-105D so I can playback my collection of multi-channel DVD-Audio and SACD discs in the analog domain. (Of course I use the HDMI input for Blu-ray discs, Pandora and Netflix etc.)

At some point, when I get my gear re-arranged, I intend to use the balanced analog 1 input with the XLR stereo outputs of the Oppo player for stereo CD’s.

Analog 2 is currently used for my Meridian Director DAC for playback of mostly Hi-Rez HDTrack downloads, all of which are two channel at this point.

Analog 3 will be used for a yet to be purchased phono preamp to go with my Project Debut Carbon turntable.

Thus I've covered all my analog bases but just.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page