Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 219 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #6541 of 6545 Old 04-22-2017, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
What version of software is installed? Check the Status >Version screen.
Last one, 3.1.0. I have unit with HDMI 1.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 6545 Old 04-22-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1541 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy CZ View Post
Last one, 3.1.0. I have unit with HDMI 1.4
Ok. Let it run for a few more days. Then do a cold reboot (the cycle rear panel power switch). If still misbehaving, perhaps whomever performed the repair did not do a perfect job. Can you contact them? Where was it done?

Deadwood Atmos theater [HTOM]
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #6543 of 6545 Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for reply. I noted this behaviour before repair too, but thought it is part of problem with not going to standby mode from fully off. All this seems to me like some SW issue. My seller is from Germany and I was told, item was in Classe repair centre. From half of December till half of April.

post #6544 of 6545 Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2156 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy CZ View Post
Thank you for reply. I noted this behaviour before repair too, but thought it is part of problem with not going to standby mode from fully off. All this seems to me like some SW issue. My seller is from Germany and I was told, item was in Classe repair centre. From half of December till half of April.
For what it's worth my SSP800 worked flawlessly for five years! I just put an Anthem AVM60 I wanted ATMOS & DTS:X

The only repairs the SSP 800 had I had under warranty was the touch screen turn around time two weeks without shipping time

Sounds to me you got a bad apple!
post #6545 of 6545 Old Today, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
For what it's worth my SSP800 worked flawlessly for five years! I just put an Anthem AVM60 I wanted ATMOS & DTS:X

The only repairs the SSP 800 had I had under warranty was the touch screen turn around time two weeks without shipping time

Sounds to me you got a bad apple!
Do not want to nor by any means can I tell you what is wrong with your unit ,but sounds very much like a Main Board issue given the recent issues experience on my own unit .

Fault on my unit was that it would not not boot in to Standby mode , nor would it accept a Firmware upgrade which was supposed to correct this . Updated Firmware would be the first step in correcting any issues
As a result of not accepting the firmware the unit became totally unusable when we tried to load this .

Classe advised after consulting with my dealer who diagnosed the fault that this was a main board issue and required a swop-out .
In interim -
My dealer who has a fully fledged and trained Technical department went ahead , diagnosed the issue and in interim whist awaiting advice from Classe , repaired the main board by replacing 11 LVDS transceivers chips.( whatever they are I do not know!but been told that these communicate instructions from Main board to DSP board -which we also replaced incidentally, but was not causing the fault).

In my case the fault was diagnosed and repaired , new firmware loaded and the unit is now 100% with absolute no issues .

In your case given my recent experience , I would then say that the fault has first to be diagnosed and then action taken as to how you will repair - if you say that your unit was in for repairs at Classe for some months I would suggest this repair would then place your unit under guarantee for what Classe has done and they have to fix it which could take a while .
Next step if this was not bought from a Classe dealer would be to contact Classe technical for assistance and guidance via the details on their website and request they guide you as to what to do.

Alternatively - maybe ,just maybe prior to sending the unit anywhere it is Firmware !! If so ,and you would like to chance this yourself I would seek instructions on how to clear out all data( similar to formatting your hard drive ) and re-load Firmware from absolute scratch .Just make sure you have full instructions on how to do this -if unit becomes unusable you will know it is a hardware issue .

Me ??? With limited expertise and a history of screwing things up , I would let Classe sort this out for me in conjunction with a dealer .

Good luck !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page