Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #6601 of 6616 Old 07-20-2017, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post
Well, that didn't fix it, but I may have fixed it nonetheless. After trying to reboot with the RS-232 disconnected, it occurred to me that I have had occasional problems with sync between the Classé and the Lumagen scaler (which feeds audio to it). I disconnected the HDMI cables from the Lumagen and from the Sony 4K player, and now the processor boots.

I will continue to try to isolate the issue.
2 years later... I have the exact same problem.

I've been desperate for the whole day, until I read your post. Then I removed all hdmi cables, did a hard reset, and prayed. And ... it worked !!! Alleluia

This post saved my day... well even my whole summer vacations

I am sooooooooo relieved and happy at the same time. Peace on Earth !

Eternal gratitude to AVS forum and this topic's members who already saved me a couple of times ! <3
Sharp1080 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6616 Old 07-20-2017, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 138
There are no reports that I've seen that states Classe has shut their doors other than here. So...

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D Pre-Pro, Krell KAV-500 3 Channel Amp, Adcom GFA-535 2 Channel Amp, Cary Audio 306/200 CD Player, Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC, Oppo HA-2 DAC/Amp, Hifiman HE-500 Headphones, Audeze EL-8 Headphones, Westone UM 50 Pro in ear monitors, Apple PowerBeats 3, MacBook Pro-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2 sub, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #6603 of 6616 Old 07-20-2017, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by denosya View Post
I've been desperate for the whole day, until I read your post. Then I removed all hdmi cables, did a hard reset, and prayed. And ... it worked !!! Alleluia
Glad that my old post was of assistance. I've had this problem a few times since then, and that fix has always worked.

I certainly hope that the news of Classé's demise is in error. My CT-SSP is working fine, and I hope it continues to do so. I'd hate to have to find a replacement.
denosya likes this.

Mike Kobb
(Formerly "ReplayMike". These opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the opinions of employers past or present!)
"Mike's Money Pit" Build Thread

post #6604 of 6616 Old 07-21-2017, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
No.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
They closed Classe instead! 😫😫😱What a bummer Classe is going under !
post #6605 of 6616 Old 07-21-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
They closed Classe instead! 😫😫😱What a bummer Classe is going under !
Where are you seeing that at?

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D Pre-Pro, Krell KAV-500 3 Channel Amp, Adcom GFA-535 2 Channel Amp, Cary Audio 306/200 CD Player, Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC, Oppo HA-2 DAC/Amp, Hifiman HE-500 Headphones, Audeze EL-8 Headphones, Westone UM 50 Pro in ear monitors, Apple PowerBeats 3, MacBook Pro-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2 sub, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #6606 of 6616 Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
Where are you seeing that at?
FROM a Classe dealer. Has not officially been announced yet! But it will be according to him.
post #6607 of 6616 Old 07-21-2017, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Delete

Last edited by Bigmoviefan; 07-21-2017 at 10:54 PM.
post #6608 of 6616 Old 07-22-2017, 12:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Wow is this really true?

I sold my SSP-800 earlier in the year to move to 4K. I went with an Arcam AVR to use as a pre/pro as well as use its amps for height speakers only.

Not a week goes by that I don't think about the 800. I never had a single issue in many years of ownership and the sound quality for an all in one unit was second to none. I can't believe how good stereo was with this unit as shamed many stand alone stereo pre-amps.

The Arcam and Classe are two different animals with the Classe being superior minus 4K support. There of course was a huge price difference but anyone saying they all sound the same is hugely mistaken.

I would grab one of the Classe 4K SSPs while they last but can't afford it at the moment.

What a bummer. Classe made some of the best gear I've ever owned besides Simaudio.

Too bad an 800 replacement will not be on the horizon. It seems Millenials are taking us down the path of portable audio/video. The landscape is changing and world class companies are closing their doors or selling to Asia.

What a bummer.

Rick
arftech likes this.
post #6609 of 6616 Old 07-22-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Wow is this really true?

I sold my SSP-800 earlier in the year to move to 4K. I went with an Arcam AVR to use as a pre/pro as well as use its amps for height speakers only.

Not a week goes by that I don't think about the 800. I never had a single issue in many years of ownership and the sound quality for an all in one unit was second to none. I can't believe how good stereo was with this unit as shamed many stand alone stereo pre-amps.

The Arcam and Classe are two different animals with the Classe being superior minus 4K support. There of course was a huge price difference but anyone saying they all sound the same is hugely mistaken.

I would grab one of the Classe 4K SSPs while they last but can't afford it at the moment.

What a bummer. Classe made some of the best gear I've ever owned besides Simaudio.

Too bad an 800 replacement will not be on the horizon. It seems Millenials are taking us down the path of portable audio/video. The landscape is changing and world class companies are closing their doors or selling to Asia.

What a bummer.

Rick
This is indeed sad! I had the SSP-600 (couldn't afford the 800) and I must say it was quite good in analog 2 channel mode. My unit died about 8 months ago or so and was replaced with the Anthem listed in my signature. Personally, I think it's a tad better than the my old 600 but not by much.

Another top notch audio company bites the dust...sad for both the industry and consumers who appreciates great sounding audio.

post #6610 of 6616 Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 514
I still own my SSP-800. I use it in my larger dedicated room that is only setup for 5.1 audio. I purchased it for it's superior 2 channel playback capabilities. It still amazes me how good it sounds. Sad that it will now be a boat anchor. No real support form Classe after a strong debut. If I ever replace it it will now be the Theta Casablanca which was more than I wanted to spend when I bought the Classe unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28790918534_a547e1096b_b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2252417  

Last edited by Sharp1080; 07-22-2017 at 08:20 AM.
post #6611 of 6616 Old 07-25-2017, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I sent an email to my dealer yesterday on the news and the reply back today was yes, they believe it to be true.

Very unfortunate.

Rick
post #6612 of 6616 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Contrary to rumors, Classé has not closed. I'm not sure how they started, and I apologize for any confusion they may have caused.
We have stopped development on the Delta Series to ensure that the products deliver the experience people have come to expect from Classé Audio and Bowers & Wilkins. We will continue to sell Sigma Series products, and our customer service and support have not been effected. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
post #6613 of 6616 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Contrary to rumors, Classé has not closed. I'm not sure how they started, and I apologize for any confusion they may have caused.
We have stopped development on the Delta Series to ensure that the products deliver the experience people have come to expect from Classé Audio and Bowers & Wilkins. We will continue to sell Sigma Series products, and our customer service and support have not been effected. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
WHOHOO! FANTASTIC NEWS!

Thank you so much for setting the record straight!
arftech likes this.
post #6614 of 6616 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
Thank You for getting that all straight ! Was told multiple times Classe was closing ! If when I said many not, was told I was wrong !
arftech likes this.
post #6615 of 6616 Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
Thank You for getting that all straight ! Was told multiple times Classe was closing ! If when I said many not, was told I was wrong !
It's all good bruh. Thankfully, they're not shuttering their doors because Classe make fantastic sounding products and the industry is better because of it. I continue to have fond memories of my SSP-600 processor due to how it made 2 channel analog audio sound.
Patrick Butler likes this.

post #6616 of 6616 Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is really good news and maybe a 4K pre will find its way home.

But seriously I was told the same when I asked. Hope not just a delay.

But for now good to hear.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page