Official Classe SSP-800 thread. - Page 222 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 102Likes

post #6631 of 6639 Old 09-22-2017, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipp View Post
Or is there a splitter available that can split out ONLY audio from one hdmi output while sending the 4K video through the other split hdmi cable which is attached to the TV?
You already found out a simple HDMI splitter will not work. This is discussed/lamented in this thread. However, there is also a potential solution there, too:
HD Fury audio breakout box. AVR Key 18Gbps

Current: Deadwood II Theater
Previous: Deadwood Atmos theater [HTOM]
SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4, MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, KEF Ci200QS surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve 115"W x 49"H 2.35 screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6632 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
I do also use an OPPO 205 which splits the signal and that works although I do not think there is video signal from the OPPO in the audio out hdmi port.
Have you actually tried this? Send the 205's HDMI video output to the display and the 205's audio output to the Classe. There is no live video, only carrier signals, on the HDMI audio output and, if the HDMI audio output is connected, the audio signal on the HDMI video output is automatically muted.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #6633 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Have you actually tried this? Send the 205's HDMI video output to the display and the 205's audio output to the Classe. There is no live video, only carrier signals, on the HDMI audio output and, if the HDMI audio output is connected, the audio signal on the HDMI video output is automatically muted.
Thanks; I am using the OPPO that way, and therefore wondered if there was a stand alone device that did exactly what the OPPO does. I want to add the Apple TV 4K box which only has HDMI out. To go through the OPPO HDMI IN is a hassle as I would always have to start the OPPO to use this function.

I would have thought that the suppliers of these splitters would design a stand alone splitter with same functionality as the OPPO "Splitter". and do exactly what you explained namely that the HDMI video is muted by the OPPO for audio only usage.

I will check the link that Roger has supplied in his response too.

Appreciate the help.

post #6634 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
You already found out a simple HDMI splitter will not work. This is discussed/lamented in this thread. However, there is also a potential solution there, too:
HD Fury audio breakout box. AVR Key 18Gbps
I checked that AVR device and it looks like that could be the solution. I sent off an email to them.
Thanks
Howard
post #6635 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I would have thought that the suppliers of these splitters would design a stand alone splitter with same functionality as the OPPO "Splitter". and do exactly what you explained namely that the HDMI video is muted by the OPPO for audio only usage.
Ha. For my purposes, the fact that the audio on the HDMI vido output is muted automatically is a huge disappointment.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

post #6636 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Ha. For my purposes, the fact that the audio on the HDMI vido output is muted automatically is a huge disappointment.
That is a "Ha". But the problem is to find a good multichannel processor that passes through 4K. The Classe SSP-800 is a dying breed.
PS I have read your Music In The Round from when you started it. Love it as I ONLY listen to music "in the round".
post #6637 of 6639 Old 09-23-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
That is a "Ha". But the problem is to find a good multichannel processor that passes through 4K. The Classe SSP-800 is a dying breed.
I understand. I have become increasingly pessimistic as the mainstream multichannel processors are becoming more and more video-centric and their only concern with audio improvements is in greatly increasing the number of channels. (I do not see music recordings following suit.) Better multichannel audio processing is best done in general-purpose or customized computers and, perhaps, wildly expensive HT processors.

Quote:
PS I have read your Music In The Round from when you started it. Love it as I ONLY listen to music "in the round".
Thanks. It is nice to hear and helps me refute the remarks that I am the only one.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

post #6638 of 6639 Old 09-29-2017, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Problem

Hi, it seems I have problem with (repaired) unit again. Unbelievable. For some time i looks good, but now I cant get signal through HDMI. Tried 2 sources on 2 HDMI inputs. When I put unit to stand by and try switch it on, I get:

Error

unit startup failure...........bla bla bla

error code: stage 1, 0, 0, 0, 0

When I disconnect unit from power, then start is succesful. But still no signal on HDMI.

I am quite angry. Other inputs work normally.
post #6639 of 6639 Old 09-29-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 1711
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy CZ View Post
Hi, it seems I have problem with (repaired) unit again. Unbelievable. For some time i looks good, but now I cant get signal through HDMI. Tried 2 sources on 2 HDMI inputs. When I put unit to stand by and try switch it on, I get:

Error

unit startup failure...........bla bla bla

error code: stage 1, 0, 0, 0, 0

When I disconnect unit from power, then start is succesful. But still no signal on HDMI.

I am quite angry. Other inputs work normally.
Classe is closing down October 6. If you have any problems you'll need to contact B&W UK they will handle the European market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page