The Yamaha RX-V663 thread. HDMI 1.3 upconversion, TrueHD, DTS MA decoding. - Page 369 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #11041 of 11043 Old 08-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Anyone know if 3D from xbox 360 games or PS3 would work through this receiver?
I know 3D is not "officially" supported, but wondered if it maybe only missed meeting the specification by a smidge or something...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11042 of 11043 Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D for Xbox 360 games at least is going to be side by side or top and bottom, and thus no different than your usual 720p/1080i/1080p frames. PS3 I think may be the same but I'm not sure.

Xbox One as I've discovered today, needs real 1.4 and the receiver chokes on it. Can't even shove my DLP checkerboard converter in front of the Yamaha because the resulting EDID the converter sees doesn't match the TV exactly and it refuses to convert to checkerboard... good thing I still have my trusty standalone 3D BD player that does checkerboard on it's own.
post #11043 of 11043 Old 08-31-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSehnsucht View Post
3D for Xbox 360 games at least is going to be side by side or top and bottom, and thus no different than your usual 720p/1080i/1080p frames. PS3 I think may be the same but I'm not sure.

Xbox One as I've discovered today, needs real 1.4 and the receiver chokes on it. Can't even shove my DLP checkerboard converter in front of the Yamaha because the resulting EDID the converter sees doesn't match the TV exactly and it refuses to convert to checkerboard... good thing I still have my trusty standalone 3D BD player that does checkerboard on it's own.
I'm going to have to check out checkerboard cause I have no idea what you mean. But yeah after the X1 update, no chance the receiver will pass it. I don't want lower quality audio so I'm not willing to run to TV and output optical back to the receiver.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page