The Official INTEGRA DTR-7.8 Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 134 Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, I just ordered a used DTR-7.8 for only $250 (I thought this was a pretty stellar price biggrin.gif) but it doesn't come with a remote or the Audyssey microphone. I've heard things about certain Audyssey mic's not working with specific models, so I'm trying to locate the EXACT mic that originally came with the 7.8. Can anyone tell me what model the mic is?

I noticed in the second link originally post by Javman97, one of the pictures showed the mic and it shows "MIC-4000" on the base of it. Is this the correct mic? I haven't been able to find anything on Integra's website, but I was able to find the MIC-5000 through ONKYO's site, but I'm not sure if it will work or not?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 PM

Hi! I too just bought a 7.8. It was supposed to be $150 and it doesn't have the microphone. After going to demo it, I hooked it up with my test speakers, Bluray player etc. No matter what i did I couldn't get the center or the surrounds to work. I'm pretty knowledgable with setting up HT receivers, So I'm 90% sure I had it set up correctly. Is there possibly something that I'm missing?I tried it in all 5.1 modes and also did the test tone. Nothing! I ended up getting it for $50 because as far as i can tell, it has an issue. Any ideas?? Also, If you haven't already got a remote. i will sell you mine if I can't get the receiver to work. lastly, can this receiver be reset? thanks to anyone for your help!Q
post #123 of 134 Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Yeah, you can reset it.....hold down the VCR/DVR button and press the Standby/On button - the screen will show 'clear'. The owners manual has a pretty good section for trouble shooting audio issues. You can download a copy for free from Integra's website. My receiver actually came with some damage (probably from shipping) to the back of the receiver. I hooked it up and ZERO sound was coming out of ANY speakers. The display was showing that headphones were hooked up (when they actually weren't). So I took the top of the case off and one of the audio circuit boards had come loose from one of the microprocessor boards. I was able to push them back together so that the plug was in just enough and luckily it fixed everything. Anyways, not sure why all of your channels aren't playing audio.....have you gone through all of your speaker settings on the receiver? If you want, shoot me your email address and I can email you a copy of the DTR-7.8 Service Manual biggrin.gif. Good luck!!!
post #124 of 134 Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM

I already downloaded the owners manual, but i didn't see anything on how to reset it. I will try the reset process you described. When you say service manual, is that different than the owners manual? Thanks!
post #125 of 134 Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 AM

It's in the owners manual......very first thing in a BOLD box in the Troubleshooting section. & yeah, the service manual is just that.......a manual for technicians to SERVICE the receiver for repairs. It has complete circuit schematics and layouts for EVERYTHING inside the receiver.
post #126 of 134 Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 AM

OK, so I have a pair of BP30's hooked up as my mains, a CLR 2000 for a center, and BPX's for surrounds. Even when no source is on but the receiver is on, there is an excessive hiss or buzz coming from the tweeters of the BP30's. No noises coming from any of the other speakers, or coming from the woofers on the BP30 confused.gif Just running regular old 12AWG wire to the BP30's and some 16AWG to the BPX's, and some Canare 4s11 to the center. Not sure if this is an Integra issue or a tweeter issue? Any help would be appreciated biggrin.gif
post #127 of 134 Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 PM

Where did you find the 'service' manual? I cannot seem to locate it. I think I broke the HDMI out port on the PCB mounted to the rear housing as the cable was being pulled downward in the cabinet wiring harness (DOH!). Anyhow, I get audio from my HDMI inputs but no AV back out to my Panasonic TV. I've swapped cables to go direct from source to TV so it's not a TV issue. I took the cover off and took a good hi-rez picture of the HDMI solder points to the board and it appears as if the board is cracked somewhere around pins 2-4.

Anyhow, I am looking for a part number for that entire rear PCB that hosts the HDMI i/o or a snapshot of the service manual that gives that info... anybody feeling charitable? smile.gif I really don't want to drop $50 for a service manual that I'll use once (hopefully) and then stuff it away. Maybe there are used copies for less... IDK, guess I'll spend some quality time with google.

Thanks for any help in advance.

00cbirdW - try just swapping your fronts and rear speaker cables around and see if the sound issue transfers to the BPX's. That will rule out/confirm which is the source. If it does move to the others, you can try rerouting your 12 awg, you might be picking up some inductance if it's running next to a high-speed switching unit or power conditioner. Another thought is to get some good electronic cleaner solution and clean all your contacts and inside the RCA's.
Hope that helps.
post #128 of 134 Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM

Rynosity, thanks for the advice.....I'll try it when I get a chance. I was going to hook up some different speaker wire anyways (more of the Canare 4S11 W/ banana plugs).

You can download the service manual for free at hifimanuals.com (pretty sure thats the address). All you have to do is create an account on their site......no credit cards or bank info, just name & email type info.
post #129 of 134 Old 05-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Thank you very much, I found a copy somewhere but i dont have the equipment to properly troubleshoot it. I appreciate the link, good luck.
post #130 of 134 Old 05-28-2013, 06:03 AM

Liked: 11
Hi guys, I've has my Integra 7.8 for quite a few years now and the display panel went out.
Everything else seems to be working--( but I do have another discovery for another thread)

So does any body know of a repair facility within say 150 miles of Pittsburgh?
I'd prefer to call and arrange a time to drive it there rather than ship it--It is a bit heavy- I have replaced it in my main system and would only be considering using this as an upgrade in the basement system, so keeping the cost down is a big goal as well.

Thanks
post #131 of 134 Old 08-12-2013, 08:43 PM

Ok, so ive come across an annoying issue. When playing certain blu-rays on my ps3 (mainly disney discs) it doesn't decode into the proper dts (or even dolby digital) WTF! so background: video via hdmi, audio via digital optical toslink, all firmware up to date on receiver and ps3, and other blu-rays and ps3 games all play appropriate dts and dolby digital. So what gives? Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers!
post #132 of 134 Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00cbirdw View Post

Ok, so ive come across an annoying issue. When playing certain blu-rays on my ps3 (mainly disney discs) it doesn't decode into the proper dts (or even dolby digital) WTF! so background: video via hdmi, audio via digital optical toslink, all firmware up to date on receiver and ps3, and other blu-rays and ps3 games all play appropriate dts and dolby digital. So what gives? Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers!

Optical toslink (or coax, both forms of S/PDIF) does not have the bandwidth capabilities to carry the Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack from your Blu-rays in bitstream form. What you are hearing is actually the "core" (lower resolution) Dolby Digital or DTS soundtrack. You need to use HDMI in order to deliver the full TrueHD/Master Audio soundtrack to the Integra- why not just use that input for both video and audio purposes? There really isn't much need for the optical connection unless you are using it for some other purpose as well...
00cbirdw likes this.
post #133 of 134 Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1 View Post

Optical toslink (or coax, both forms of S/PDIF) does not have the bandwidth capabilities to carry the Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack from your Blu-rays in bitstream form. What you are hearing is actually the "core" (lower resolution) Dolby Digital or DTS soundtrack. You need to use HDMI in order to deliver the full TrueHD/Master Audio soundtrack to the Integra- why not just use that input for both video and audio purposes? There really isn't much need for the optical connection unless you are using it for some other purpose as well...

Silly me!!! I'll go home and mess around with it.....should work fine then!
Thanks!
post #134 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 07:44 AM

So I have had my DTR-7.8 for over a year now and I've been loving it! I recently decided I wanted to use separate power amps and use my DTR as a pre/pro. It was working fine for about a week, and one day it decided to give me a MASSIVE blast of continuous feedback eek.gif!!! I had to scramble to flip the power switch for the amps to kill them. The sound was coming thru ALL of the speakers, and as I was going for the switch I bumped the banana plugs into the speaker terminals of the amp for the surrounds, and it changed the pitch in ALL of the speakers confused.gif. So based on that, I'm 99% positive that there's a problem with the RCA's/RCA board for the pre-outs on the DTR. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Or does anyone have a DTR-7.8 (or one that has the same pre-out board) for parts?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions/advice biggrin.gif!!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page