Rocky Mountain Audio Fest report sites? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-08-2008, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What web sites will you guys be checking for reports on the latest gear unveiled at RMAF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM

audiojunkies.com
audioxsell.com
enjoythemusic.com
hometheaterhifi.com
positive-feedback.com
stereomojo.com
stereophile.com

Going to be at the show myself, so if anyone has a particular request, let me know.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 73
BTW, Danny at GR Research will demonstrate our Directservo subwoofers with his new speakers. We have a demo device with servo and nonservo drivers side-by-side that allows the customers to do a push test to compare the damping force of cone before and after servo. Via that device, we hope to let the customers know what servo does. First, it creates a damping force felt from a much larger magnet. Second, damping force change very little at excursion extreme and temperature extremes. Welcome everyone to drop by room 2016 Marriott.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-11-2008, 04:47 AM

Asrale, I would be especially happy if you could report on the Feastrex field coil speakers in The Lotus Group's rooms (Marriott Tower 9002/3). This time they are featuring drivers with yokes, pole pieces and top plates made entirely from Permendur, which apparently boosts the performance level of the drivers to incredible heights.

They also have some nice prototype amplifiers (tube and digital) such as this 811A SE unit:

Anyway, I have heard a lot about the all-Permendur field coil drivers, but have never actually heard the ones being exhibited, so I am really anxious to get any feedback on them from RMAF.

Thanks,

-- Chris
post #5 of 6 Old 10-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Asrale,

Could you also listen to the Linkwitz Orion++ for me? I believe that he (Stanley Linkwitz) or Linkwitz Lab personnel is/are going to be 419 on the 4th Floor of the Marriot.

Thanks,
Dave
post #6 of 6 Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwitmer View Post

Asrale, I would be especially happy if you could report on the Feastrex field coil speakers in The Lotus Group's rooms (Marriott Tower 9002/3). This time they are featuring drivers with yokes, pole pieces and top plates made entirely from Permendur, which apparently boosts the performance level of the drivers to incredible heights.

Anyway, I have heard a lot about the all-Permendur field coil drivers, but have never actually heard the ones being exhibited, so I am really anxious to get any feedback on them from RMAF.

Thanks,

-- Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira7799 View Post

Asrale,

Could you also listen to the Linkwitz Orion++ for me? I believe that he (Stanley Linkwitz) or Linkwitz Lab personnel is/are going to be 419 on the 4th Floor of the Marriot.

Thanks,
Dave

I didn't come back to AVSforum over the weekend to see either of your posts soon enough, sorry (my personal schedule was chaos). I didn't get a chance to hear anything in either of those rooms.

I did write up some impressions and took many pics which I posted on another forum though: http://www.head-case.org/forums/meet...udio-fest.html
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page