Sound sync issue with digital tv, but ok with analog tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently upgraded to a DLP and am having trouble with sound sync from various sources, but I will just focus on the DVD player. I am using a Logitech z-5500 system. No matter which input on the logitech I use to receive sound (digital or analog), the sound is early by a split-second. Just for troubleshooting, I connected the coax output from the player to the logitech, and the analog R/L outputs from the player to the TV itself at the same time. I play a DVD, and you can hear the two sets of sound being out of sync with each other. So, there is some sync issue with using the logitech but it is ok when going directly to the TV's speakers.

Just to make sure I'm not going crazy, I hooked everything back up to an older analog CRT and everything is fine there. The two sets of sound are in sync with each other.

I'm having trouble figuring out where the problem lies, with the TV or with the logitech system. Is the TV causing some sort of lag? If so any ideas on what I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
It's your TV. Virtually every digital set out there has a slight video processing delay (30ms-75ms). The easiest way to correct this is usually with a receiver that can delay the audio, but since you have a Logitech speaker system, I'm not aware of any cost effective ways for you to delay the audio.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately the Logitech doesn't have an overall sound delay feature. Since I'm thinking of getting a regular AVR, I'll look for one with that ability. Thanks
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page