Im lost lol - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys

Im in need of some advice or a link to a previous thread that could help.

We received a Dahlton AV5.1THX surround sound system for a house warming gift. Believe it or not it didnt come with any directions. I hooked it up today and now have a few questions. Any help would be very appreciated

My rear speakers which are up in the top corners of the back of the room are so much louder then the center channel and the fronts. You know when you hear the background stuff that sounds really cool like something just flew across the back of the room??? Mine is overpowering the front speakers to the point where its uncomfortable. Could it be the talking on the movie Im testing it with "Any Giving Sunday" the football movie.

If i want to beable to hear conversion crisp and clearly I have to turn it up which in turns causes the back speakers to be way to loud. How do I tune it all and where can I find a manual?

Anyone know the cost of my system?

Thanks again
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2009, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention Im running all the seakers into the back of my receiver not into the back of the sub....Im not sure what all the ports on the back of the subs for but there is alot going on on the back of it lol
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 234
post #4 of 5 Old 04-11-2009, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ratman...sounds like the speakers are not good i guess??? I dont know what else to take out of that link. I guess im lucky they were free and a gift. Any ideas on how to tune everything or find a manual
post #5 of 5 Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
crracer,

- check to make sure ALL speaker wires are properly connected to the back of the receiver: nice and tight and no loose wire strands that may come in contact with each other.

- in your receiver setup menu, the speaker output level could have been accidentally set so that the volume on your surrounds is way higher. Go in the receiver menu and check to make sure they are set evenly or better yet, use an SPL to set them at reference levels

- swap your surrounds wires with the fronts and see if the problem is consistent. Do the same with the center, swap it with one of the surrounds. This will tell you if the speakers are good or not. MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF AND UNPLUG YOUR EQUIPMENT WHILE YOU SWAP WIRES!!

- There is always the chance that your receiver's terminals are defective in which case the above test would only work if you swap each speaker with say one of the surrounds...

Good luck !!
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page