Any way to connect headphones to LCD monitor with audio in only? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there can kindly give me any advice on how to connect headphones to my lcd monitor. I have a 21.5 acer H213H lcd monitor that I connect to my playstation 3 through hdmi.

This monitor only has an AUDIO IN hole, but has some weak speakers inside the monitor which I can adjust volume through the monitors touch screen controls on the bottom of the frame.

I went to best buy today and the worker told me to buy a simple 10.00 headphone splitter audio cable for mp3 players,

However, when I plug in the headphone splitter audio cable into my acer monitor, there is still sound coming from the monitor itself. And when I put my headphones into the audio cable splitter, same thing. Maybe I need to disable sound on my monitor first because even the audio jack that came with my monitor doesnt stop sound coming from the monitors internal speaker.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to find a way to connect headphones to this monitor so when I play ps3 games through my hdmi to monitor I dont disturb my girlfriend. Thanks in advance to any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung77 View Post

This monitor only has an AUDIO IN hole, but has some weak speakers inside the monitor which I can adjust volume through the monitors touch screen controls on the bottom of the frame.

I went to best buy today and the worker told me to buy a simple 10.00 headphone splitter audio cable for mp3 players,

The headphone jack on an MP3 player is an amplified audio output. The "AUDIO IN hole" on the TV is a line-level audio input. You can't get anything from headphones by plugging them into an input.

Basically, you need to send the monitor's audio outputs to an audio receiver or amplifier of some kind that has a headphone jack. If the monitor doesn't have an audio output, then you can use the ones from the playstation.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
post #3 of 5 Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 AM

Liked: 10
How do make my lcd hd monitor work as my tv? I have the westing house l2410nm lcd monitor, i would like to use it as my tv as well, how do i go about doing this?
post #4 of 5 Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=Samsung77;17002903]Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there can kindly give me any advice on how to connect headphones to my lcd monitor. I have a 21.5 acer H213H lcd monitor that I connect to my playstation 3 through hdmi. QUOTE]

You will not be able to hook up headphones directly to the monitor. The easiest way I've found is to use some powered computer speakers with a headphone out jack. The audio from the PS3 is sent via red/white RCA cables to the speakers, which you then hook up your headphones to. Depending on the speakers, you may need an adapter to go from RCA to
1/8th inch input jack.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolin View Post

How do make my lcd hd monitor work as my tv? I have the westing house l2410nm lcd monitor, i would like to use it as my tv as well, how do i go about doing this?

Your monitor does not have a TV tuner. You would need something like a cable box, digital TV set top box, DVD recorder with tuner, or something along those lines. It appears your monitor has composite (yellow plug), S-video, component, and HDMI, so you have compatible inputs.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page