New everything; what wires do I need? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Panasonic 54G10 Plasma a few weeks ago and have had my PS3 and Verizon FioS HDTV Cable Box hooked up to the plasma directly via 2 HDMI cables. I just placed an order for a pair of Polk Studio Monitor 60's and a Harmon Kardon AVR-254 yesterday night.

What additional connectors/wires will I need in addition to the 2 HDMI cables I already have? This will be my first time using a receiver and standalone speakers so I have no idea what I'm missing. All I can think of is maybe speaker wire; unless the Polk's come with them? If you can provide direct links to the stuff I'll need it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll probably stick with Monoprice stuff since I bought my HDMI cables from there.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Either download the HK's owner's manual or wait until it arrives with the receiver. In it will be a bunch of really neat drawings explaining how things get connected and what kinds of cables you need to connect them. If you have any questions about that, come back and we will be glad to help you.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseman View Post

I bought a Panasonic 54G10 Plasma a few weeks ago and have had my PS3 and Verizon FioS HDTV Cable Box hooked up to the plasma directly via 2 HDMI cables. I just placed an order for a pair of Polk Studio Monitor 60's and a Harmon Kardon AVR-254 yesterday night.

What additional connectors/wires will I need in addition to the 2 HDMI cables I already have? This will be my first time using a receiver and standalone speakers so I have no idea what I'm missing. All I can think of is maybe speaker wire; unless the Polk's come with them? If you can provide direct links to the stuff I'll need it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll probably stick with Monoprice stuff since I bought my HDMI cables from there.

Thanks!

well, you will surely need speaker wires and one more HDMI cable. Monoprice works. It is highly unlikely they will send you wires with speakers.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page