Indoor/Outdoor Sound System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. New to the board. I just moved to Phoenix and am looking to do an indoor/outdoor sound system set up. I'd like to keep it under 500-600 or so. I'm somewhat of an A/V n00b so I'm not overly technical but I was thinking about looking at a 2 zone AVR to set up approx 3 or 4 outdoor speakers and a modest indoor set up. I have read alot about speaker switches; would it be easier to use a switch and/or a 2 zone AVR? Any ideas on set up and equipment would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Aex

With a budget that small you have quite a challenge ahead of you.

Before we start making some suggestions, why don't you provide a little more information. What is the size of your Indoor room? What kind of sound are you looking for indoors? Subwoofer? 2 channel, 3 channel, 5 channel? What is the size of your outdoor area? Did you want to cover the entire outdoor area or maybe just a bench, table, or pool area? Will the indoor be used for Movies or Music? What are your expectations? Did you want new or used equipment? Are you willing to make some new feature sacrifices and buy equipment that may be a little older?

There are just too many questions to get you started off that one post.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

well just got back from phoenix. it appears that each room is wired with overhead speakers and a monster cable six speaker switch was hiding in one of the rooms. one of the switch channels is still open so right now i am thinking about wiring a pair of speakers to the outside and having an ipod connection to the switch and then address the indoor surround system later when i have more funds available. would i be able to hook an ipod dock directly to the switch or would it not be enough power? if i have to get a receiver + ipod dock, any recommendations?
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page