Audio Sync Issue: Samsung LED TV and Samsung Home Theater System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I just wanted to go to all the experts here.

I have a Samsung LED UN55C8000, and a Samsung HT-6600 home theater system. Very simply, no matter what I'm plugging into the HDMI in's on the theater system, there is a delay, there is always a delay on it, even if I'm playing a Bluray film on the receiver itself.

I set the audio sync to 0ms, and the video still comes in first, and the audio is still delayed. I am using HDMI 1.4 cables.

I've literally tried everything, even sending the inputs to the TV first, then using the TOSLINK... still a delay.

When I play things on my HD-DVR, which is also directly connected to the receiver, it still causes a delay. I don't understand how video takes more hops compared to the audio which is directly connected via HDMI from the sources, and STILL the audio comes in delayed. It makes no sense to me that the video has to travel farther than the audio, and still the audio is delayed.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

is there anyone out there that can help me with this?
post #3 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Check if your tv also has video sync? Maybe it's way off
post #4 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengbokdl7 View Post

is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

http://www.samsung.com/us/info/contactus.html
post #5 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM

I have the same TV and have never experienced this. How much delay are we talking about here?

Sec 42-30
It is unlawful to make any loud music, in a manner that the same is heard on the public streets or sidewalks to the annoyance of persons or cause a disturbance of the peace. Pfft- whatever!
post #6 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I've got the Samsung UN55C8000, and the Samsung HT-6600 3D Bluray home theater surround system.

No matter what I'm playing, the audio always LAGS to the video, meaning the video happens, and the audio lags. Very strange, since everyone has the opposite issue. All Audio Sync for both the TV and the receiver are set to 0ms.

Even when I play BluRay movies FROM THE RECEIVER itself, the audio trails the video. This is interesting since the audio has ZERO hops it just gets sent straight to the speakers. The video if anything should be laggy, since its getting sent to the TV via HDMI, but it's not, the video always comes first, audio trailing.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 12:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What advice did Samsung support provide? I'd think they could provide better insight since both your TV and BR player/receiver are Samsung products.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to go to all the experts here.

I have a Samsung LED UN55C8000, and a Samsung HT-6600 home theater system. Very simply, no matter what I'm plugging into the HDMI in's on the theater system, there is a delay, there is always a delay on it, even if I'm playing a Bluray film on the receiver itself.

I set the audio sync to 0ms, and the video still comes in first, and the audio is still delayed. I am using HDMI 1.4 cables.

I've literally tried everything, even sending the inputs to the TV first, then using the TOSLINK... still a delay.

When I play things on my HD-DVR, which is also directly connected to the receiver, it still causes a delay. I don't understand how video takes more hops compared to the audio which is directly connected via HDMI from the sources, and STILL the audio comes in delayed. It makes no sense to me that the video has to travel farther than the audio, and still the audio is delayed.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. I've got the Samsung UN55C8000, and the Samsung HT-6600 3D Bluray home theater surround system.

No matter what I'm playing, the audio always LAGS to the video, meaning the video happens, and the audio lags. Very strange, since everyone has the opposite issue. All Audio Sync for both the TV and the receiver are set to 0ms.

Even when I play BluRay movies FROM THE RECEIVER itself, the audio trails the video. This is interesting since the audio has ZERO hops it just gets sent straight to the speakers. The video if anything should be laggy, since its getting sent to the TV via HDMI, but it's not, the video always comes first, audio trailing.

How do you have the system configured? Do you have both audio and video input to the AVR with video then output from the AVR or do you have video going directly from the source to the tv with only audio going through the AVR? If the latter, you will always have sync issues between audio and video. If the former, then you most likely have an equipment problem and should contact Samsung as Ratman suggested.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-01-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

The receiver is the Bluray player itself, so it's already strange that there is audio lag from there, since it only has to go directly to the speakers.

As for everything else, my cable, and game system are all patched into the receiver, both audio and video via HDMI cable. The only thing connected to the TV is the HDMI out from the receiver.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

The receiver is the Bluray player itself, so it's already strange that there is audio lag from there, since it only has to go directly to the speakers.

As for everything else, my cable, and game system are all patched into the receiver, both audio and video via HDMI cable. The only thing connected to the TV is the HDMI out from the receiver.

Then as Ratman suggested, contact Samsung.
post #11 of 13 Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Connect your game system and DVR directly to the TV (bypass audio system).
If there's no delay, then that pretty much determines that the HTiB is the probable cause.
post #12 of 13 Old 09-03-2010, 09:03 AM

I have a Samsung Plasma (PC50C6400) which had the same issues, I enabled the Anynet+ feature and it seemed to fix the issue. Not sure if their LED have the same feature.
post #13 of 13 Old 12-10-2010, 04:07 PM

Hello hengbokdl7!
just do there jobs!
turn off your TV!
then press: Info>Menu>Mute>Turn on button on your Remote control!
you will see secret menu of your LED TV!
just go to Control page and then Sound and start to sync your delay sound time of your TV!
Default number is 100!
change it between 100 to 50!
Enjoy!
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat