Question: What is your digital audio playback software of choice? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So i've been an iTunes user since I got my first Powerbook G4. However, as my musical quality ear, equipment quality, and income evolve i've been trying more and more to replace iTunes as my go to player for my audio. At minimum my audio is V0 variable pass encoded around 200kbps-300kbps average. However, I do have an ever expanding FLAC & AIFF collection that I use XLD to import into iTunes. I'd like something that can play all of these file formats without conversion if possible. The most important factors for me are sound quality (above all), ease of functionality, add-ons, and appearance.

As of late i've been experimenting with various plugins and addons for iTunes including but not limited to: Amerra, Pure Vinyl, Hear, SRS IWOW. However, as far as alternative software goes i've only had a lackluster experience, due to sound quality, with Songbird. I'd greatly appreciate thoughts and suggestions as to what I should look at in the way of software, plugins, and addons. I may keep a updated poll going based on user suggestions. My thanks in aadvance for your time and consideration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Have to include foobar2000. It's not the easiest to use, but it will support every audio format you can dream up, and plugins are available to do just about anything you could want/need from a player.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPC_Engineer View Post

So i've been an iTunes user since I got my first Powerbook G4. However, as my musical quality ear, equipment quality, and income evolve i've been trying more and more to replace iTunes as my go to player for my audio. At minimum my audio is V0 variable pass encoded around 200kbps-300kbps average. However, I do have an ever expanding FLAC & AIFF collection that I use XLD to import into iTunes. I'd like something that can play all of these file formats without conversion if possible. The most important factors for me are sound quality (above all), ease of functionality, add-ons, and appearance.

As of late i've been experimenting with various plugins and addons for iTunes including but not limited to: Amerra, Pure Vinyl, Hear, SRS IWOW. However, as far as alternative software goes i've only had a lackluster experience, due to sound quality, with Songbird. I'd greatly appreciate thoughts and suggestions as to what I should look at in the way of software, plugins, and addons. I may keep a updated poll going based on user suggestions. My thanks in aadvance for your time and consideration.

Hi,
Are you familiar with this website?

I just want to make sure you are aware of the following website:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com

It should provide more answers that what you've received here to date.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately yes I was familiar with the site. I was hoping the community here may have had some other suggestions as I had pretty much searched CA high and low. Plus I like the layout here a lot better. I wish CA was easier to navigate. Thanks so much though for your response!
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page