ONKYO IPOD UP-A1 w/TX-SR707 ISSUE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-21-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recently picked up a ONKYO UP-A1 and have tried to hook it up to my ONKYO TX-SR707 with a IPOD Nano and have had issues.

When I first install the UP-A1 into the universal port and then turn on the receiver for the first time I can get audio and can control the IPOD unit from my ONKYO remote however the video/tv is a solid blue screen with nothing at all. The blue screen does read "port" on the bottom right corner which is all that it reads while I am using the remote.

Then if I turn the receiver off and turn it back on I get no audio coming out of any speakers and they do not light up or are recognized on my receiver. I tried then switching to watch TV and also no audio....then if I unplug the UP-A1 from the port and restart up the TV with my logitech the sound comes back and the channels are shown again in the display to the receiver.

This also happens when I have the UP-A1 installed and just go to watch TV...everything is set up properly until I turn off the TV/Receiver for the first time and then go to watch TV again....then no sound and no channels lit up on the display. I have had my receiver in for repair of a HDMI board when I had an issue with the channels not lighting up and working before but this seems to be something specific to the UP-A1. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Talked to ONKYO and as other people have said just by hitting the display button on the Onkyo remote I was able to get the OSD to work. I actually hooked it up to a 7th Generation IPOD classic 160GB which I just got for the purpose of playing my collection through the receiver.

However the channel issue with it not showing up after the first try is something I was told I would have to bring in to get fixed. So first I had to get my HDMI board replaced for that issue and obviously some relay on my Universal Port is fried.....has anyone had an Onkyo receiver replaced due to sending it in for repairs multiple times? Or am I better off contacting AMEX and telling them I got a lemon? I also get the unit switching audio types during commercials when I am watching TV and then switching back when the program comes back on.....this never happened before I got the receiver "fixed". I have had the unit just about a year and now it will be in the repair shop for another month.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page