Hello, New to the forums and in need of some advice. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello, been lurking for a few weeks now. Been reading up on a lot of things and learning alot.

I just bought and set up a Onkyo 808 today. I have it powering an older set of infiniy tower speakers and a polk CS2 center speaker. I love the way it sounds now as the CS2 and 808 were my xmas gift to my self this year. Its a much need improvment.

As im sure most of you know the 808 is a 7.2 reciver. My 3.0 set up is good but Im looking to spend some of my tax return on the surround speakers. I have always liked polk audio and infinity speakers but am willing to try other brands as long as there in the my price range. My budget is about 600 for 4surround speakers and another $500 for 2 subs. I have some ideas on what to buy but was hoping you guys could give me a few more in my price range. '

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 PM

Liked: 10
just a different thought; even though you love the way it sounds, you'd probably be better off spending the tax money on matching mains to your new Polk center for a seamless front soundstage. Surrounds don't particularly need to match, nor do they need to be terribly spendy. Depending on the size of your room (which is?), a good budget for a good sub is key.

I know this doesn't address your question, but food for thought nonetheless.

kirk

Nothing like doom metal in the morning to get you going
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
yea i know about the new fronts. I am going to use these for now as they work fine right now. It might not be 100% matched but they work for me. I will be upgrading them later for sure though.

Right now my room is a bedroom in my dads place. 14x18. In 2 months im moving into a 3 bedroom house with some friends and this set up will live in the living room once i move. I don't know that size of that room or even what part of town it might be in yet so I will have to wait.

Newegg has a polk audio 12" 300w sub for $229 right now. If that kind of deal is still around when i get my money I will be buying two of those. Might be a little over kill for my bedroom till I move. Would this be a get set up to get or should i be looking elsewere?

If I bought both of them I would have 1500+ watts of power in a small bedroom.... of an apartment.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page