For all the mega buck cable devotees - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
With all this JPS Aluminata talk, thought you guys would enjoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFnkIOdjEII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Nice equipment. Shame to place that much money in a room that is the acoustic equivalent of Bose.

post #183 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmeister View Post

Funny you should mention Skywalker Sound. Their position on cable is diametrically opposed to yours. Keep trying though.

"The history and excellence of the MIT company and its products goes without further review. MIT, with Bruce at the technical helm,has made unequalled strides in high-end audio and especially unequalled in professional audio...
...Bruce Brisson is able to point out events, in his test results, that in every case we could hear. I think that is revolutionary."

Jerry Steckling
Acoustic Engineering, Skywalker Sound

It seems that you've missed these exchanges. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18499759
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18827719 Even your leader couldn't answer which MIT cables are used in Skywalker studio.

Perhaps you can look through and pick them out yourself. http://www.skysound.com/qtvr/qtvr_tour_scoring.html
post #184 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

It seems that you've missed these exchanges. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18499759
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18827719 Even your leader couldn't answer which MIT cables are used in Skywalker studio.

Perhaps you can look through and pick them out yourself. http://www.skysound.com/qtvr/qtvr_tour_scoring.html

As I have said in this thread it is great marketing to GIVE your product to famous studios ect... thats why they ADVERTISE it. I can assure you that the studio has hundreds of normal priced cables doing the vast majority of the work even if they use a few pairs of MIT sourced stuff. MIT makes cables that work very well, are made to high standards and look great but, they dont work any better than well made inexpensive ones. Real testing is done all the time in the audio field by the NRC, Harman and many many others (much of it blind, duh) and none have ever found what these incredibly expensive wire packagers claim to be correct. Send me some cables and ill do a well documented DBT test against mine and would be happy to say im wrong as that would mean I could improve all of my systems by simply switching out cables and cords.

Close your eyes and hear the truth!
post #185 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Please read some words from a real expert.
http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2009/0...o-product.html

post #186 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM

post #187 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I can think of only one description for a rip off and total BS as advertised in the above link; CRIMINAL.

BTW, a patent means ONLY that no one else has developed a product quite like yours. Its function or accuracy of the purported attributes are NOT the concern of the PTO.

These cables should be shipped to anyone crazy enough to even consider them with a complimentary oxygen free tin foil hat and a reservation at the local funny farm.

It is amazing that with 105 "poles of articulation" in a passive device, you can supposedly adjust/assure the pitch of recorded music playback.

So theoretically, if I misadjust the playback speed of whatever media I am using (speed it up or down), I could correct the resultant alteration in the combined pitch of the entire instrumental ensemble. Wow! What will those geniuses think up next?

I sincerely believe that many of our politicians may have purchased these cables as it follows the same train of "thought" they adhere to on other issues.
post #188 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ill say this again, who believes this stuff!

post #189 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Anybody just one blind test, just one!

post #190 of 668 Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

These guys will also buy mines salted with iron pyrite.
post #191 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio0947 View Post

Ill say this again, who believes this stuff!

The people with "open minds". Those who read too many ads in audiophile magazines. Open minds is code for DUMB. But somehow the audiophile press has managed to corrupt the thought process over the decades, and it allows such BS, to continue. The FTC should go after these scams, make it be proven for all the absurd claims made. Truth in advertising. How does a wire change Pitch? and what mo ron believes it, ooops, those with "open minds". And Who would buy a $34,000 speaker wire!? When the 100 feet of SoundKing is $39 from MCM or Parts Express. And nobody is gonna hear a difference, ever.ever. And the $39 stuff never turns green, never lost it's flex, it's superior stuff, for the thinking listener.
post #192 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio0947;199.29104 View Post

Anybody just one blind test, just one!

Yes many, but when ever I mention it you guys denounce it and say that "it must have been flawed." What matters is I experienced the results, which led to my purchases.
post #193 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 AM

What led to your purchases is not understanding basic electronics, and electrical properties. You have been subliminally sold, with the constant BS spouted in ads. You need to be in rehab. You need to be de programed. I have proven, that magic wires are a joke, with people and their magic wires, replaced by $3 RCA wires and they didn't know it, and never knew then I showed em, they sold the magic crap to unsuspecting phooles.....similar to yourself. Same happened with the speaker wires. And this was all done on extremely expensive stuff, with all the wire jewelry stuff that has ZERO basis in logic and electrical design.. Each month another scam product is introduced by the "highly regarded" scammers. Wake up. It's all BS,
post #194 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Rehab huh... I would like to make a suggestion for you skepticians: Let's call it: The Aluminata Challenge 2011.

Can somone with a state of the art room, and a reference system, please organize an Alumathon. Borrow Aluminatas power cords and cables from The Cable Company and do a blind test comparing stock cords to the Aluminata series power cords and XLR/RCA interconnects. If it's a true reference system and room, the change in sound will not be subtle. Next place the Aluminata power cord after a decent power conditioner ie. a Furman, and take a look at the picture on a high end projector. You guys might be in denial for the first few minutes then reality will slowly set in. Do all the A/B testing you want, as I have. I have suggested this in the past but nothing resulted.

After your views change, you guys are the ones that might need rehab to deal with what you have experienced.
post #195 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

If it's a true reference system and room, the change in sound will not be subtle.

If its not subtle, then its easy to show the measured differences. No??

You know why all the high end companies can not produce measured differences, don't you??

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #196 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

If you skepticians (definition: those that denounce everything and test nothing ) were a little less hostile then maybe more upper echelon engineers and manufacturers would participate here. You just can't wait to get his name and drag him through the mud regardless of his accomplishments.

Im not sure who "upper echelon" personalities you refer too but some pretty important people in the audio business already post on this forum.

As for the Skeptician label, I think some people do test. Im not denouncing anything Im just asking for real data, opinion is not real data. I have had many JPS cables in house (Speaker wire, interconnects, power cables, $3K+ worth). Joe is an incredible guy, had great conversations in Emails with him and I have nothing but respect for how everything went.

FWIW, the cables are the best built cables I have owned (borrowed), the solid core superconductor3 speaker wires are serious audiophile grade stuff, the banana connectors on them are the best I have ever seen.

There is definitely a premium in just having that alone and I would have no problem paying extra $$$ for just that although the superconducter3 is extremely inflexible.

The test was another story for me and I found it simply amazing that there was not a single change in measurements and I did not even get the placebo enduced conclusions during subjective listening.

post #197 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Liked: 208
Finally, something other than personal attacks, which btw, have no business in this or any thread. On either side of this debate, if your stated position is strong enough, attacks of any kind aren't needed.

A head to head cable shootout, now we're talking. Sighted, then blind,..ABX,..whatever, any approach such as that would be much more productive than this thread in it's current form.

Also, to state that MIT is criminal for it's offerings is way off base and approaches being laughable. It's very well documented how cables of this kind provide a positive experience. A cheap $10 watch, performs as well or better than many high end watches, however it doesn't possess the cachet of it's counterparts.

Thanks
Take the high road

------------------------------------
Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #198 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM

Then there should be numbers! Measurements! Why then do the mfgs. of the original equipment, that ain't cheap to begin with, include teh magic wires as a necessary component of the device. and you have proven yourself to be an "audiophoole" since you keep using terms like "reference" system, to an engineer, with real credentials and education, they would know that anything deemed REFERENCE has traceable paperwork, measurements etc. As in a NIST standard. The audiophile world of BS, throws words around to impress the gullible with money. You know when test equipment like scopes or meters are CALIBRATED, to a known REFERENCE, when audiophlakes use the term reference, it's meaningless BS. Like most reviewers, who throw the terms around. No such thing as a REFERENCE system, unless you have the numbers. so your request is invalid, like your claims of better wires doing something. The entire concept is INVALID. What changes in the magic wire? It can be measured if it exists. 21st century, pretty well got materials and electrical things well understood.
post #199 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Im not sure who "upper echelon" personalities you refer too but some pretty important people in the audio business already post on this forum.

As for the Skeptician label, I think some people do test. Im not denouncing anything Im just asking for real data, opinion is not real data. I have had many JPS cables in house (Speaker wire, interconnects, power cables, $3K+ worth). Joe is an incredible guy, had great conversations in Emails with him and I have nothing but respect for how everything went.

FWIW, the cables are the best built cables I have owned (borrowed), the solid core superconductor3 speaker wires are serious audiophile grade stuff, the banana connectors on them are the best I have ever seen.

There is definitely a premium in just having that alone and I would have no problem paying extra $$$ for just that although the superconducter3 is extremely inflexible.

The test was another story for me and I found it simply amazing that there was not a single change in measurements and I did not even get the placebo enduced conclusions during subjective listening.

No such thing as "audiophile grade"! Made up marketing BS.
post #200 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Not sure why the thumbdown sure there is "audophile grade" and sure its a marketing term but that is what its purpose is.

Its about looks, touch, feel. I buy and test many cables. MonoPrice.com work 100% but they look like crap and they do fall apart (HDMI cables twice ). Monster RCA cables have the death grip. Banana connectors (own 4 different types) all have their issues but the connectors on the superconductor3 is the best I have ever used or seen.

http://www.jpslabs.com/superconductor_3_jps.shtml

That is not marketing spin, that is real usage, testing opinion.

post #201 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM

Dayton house brand from Parts Express, use many great stuff priced for planet earth! Superior build, and never had a failed connector or bad wire, see also the same MAGIC RED mark like JPS has, same magic for much less. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-774
post #202 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Better sounding connectors, probably from the same factory as the "audiophile stuff" since marketing increases the price of stuff about 3000% or more in audiophlake land. Dayton, high end, works great sounds great. Use many, and my ears are better than yours, and these sound great! Never corrode, never break. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...umber=091-1245
post #203 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post

Finally, something other than personal attacks, which btw, have no business in this or any thread. On either side of this debate, if your stated position is strong enough, attacks of any kind aren't needed.

A head to head cable shootout, now we're talking. Sighted, then blind,..ABX,..whatever, any approach such as that would be much more productive than this thread in it's current form.

Also, to state that MIT is criminal for it's offerings is way off base and approaches being laughable. It's very well documented how cables of this kind provide a positive experience. A cheap $10 watch, performs as well or better than many high end watches, however it doesn't possess the cachet of it's counterparts.

Thanks
Take the high road

Definitely a great point that is seldom talked about. Honestly if I was like G-Rex I would simply state that I buy higher priced products because It makes me feel better and that is really important to any experience.

There is nothing wrong with buying premium products. I do not check prices in grocery stores, I buy names I know (most are premium names, they definitely spend more on marketing), I buy the most expensive steaks because I know they are going to taste good with fuss. My other hobby is golf, I buy premium products for that hobby too.

The $$$ amount is all relative, the guy with the million $ home may not fuss over $2000 vs $200 worth of cables.

While I will not agree with that person on the increase in audio performance from using those expensive cables, I will agree that people should spend what they want, how they want. Our only job is too make sure anyone wanting to learn more about cable performance gets as much information as possible, hence our questions about valid data to back up opinion.

post #204 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Rehab huh... I would like to make a suggestion for you skepticians: Let's call it: The Aluminata Challenge 2011.

Can somone with a state of the art room, and a reference system, please organize an Alumathon. Borrow Aluminatas power cords and cable from The Cable Company and do a blind test comparing stock cords to the Aluminata series power cords and XLR/RCA interconnects. If it's a true reference system and room, the change in sound will not be subtle. Next place the Aluminata power cord after a decent power conditioner ie. a Furman, and take a look at the picture on a high end projector. You guys might be in denial for the first few minutes then reality will slowly set in. Do all the A/B testing you want, as I have. I have suggested this in the past but nothing resulted.

After your views change, you guys are the ones that might need rehab to deal with what you have experienced.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...cturer=Neutrik
post #205 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEDUPZ View Post

Better sounding connectors, probably from the same factory as the "audiophile stuff" since marketing increases the price of stuff about 3000% or more in audiophlake land. Dayton, high end, works great sounds great. Use many, and my ears are better than yours, and these sound great! Never corrode, never break. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...umber=091-1245

I probably spend $5K a year on PE, I should buy stocks in that company

if you notice PE still sells the $60 HDMI next to the $4 choice, PE also knows the value of "subjectively high price" marketing.

btw, All my latest speaker builds have the Neutrik connectors....now that is far better then banana connector choices.

post #206 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post
btw, All my latest speaker builds have the Neutrik connectors....now that is far better then banana connector choices.
Also, with the potentially high voltages available at the terminals of some systems, a significant measure of safety is included as well.

Thanks

Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #207 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 AM

Neutriks are superior connections. Secure, last forever. For live events, with lots of abuse and wear, it's the only way to go. that's why they are the industry standard. Another place for the good price stuff is www.mcmelectronics.com lotsa sales and deals like Parts Express.
post #208 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM

post #209 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Most all studios in the country- both fixed and mobile- use Neutrik connectors for all mic lines. (Nutrik XLRs with all black finish and gold plated contacts cost me about 1.75 ea in qty of 100.) Some of these mics are 2-4,000.00 each.

They use manufactured TSR balanced patch cables for effects and processor links and these cables average 12-20.00 each, depending on length. They are color coded for easy ID and are completely off the shelf from hundreds of suppliers.

Once again I ask how on earth could these cables be fine for all studios to record the music, yet for some reason the uber gullible feel the need to drop 35,000.on A cable. PLEASE someone who believes the 100% total BS of Aluminata cables show us ANY studio where they are actively purchased and used to the exclusion of the cables provided by the equipment manufacturer.

One of the post linked earlier show some cable hack explaining the diode effect and how signals jump from strand to strand in a single conductor wire. RUBBISH! He does not evidently understand that all strands are at the same, identical voltage potential at all times, and the the signal is an AC signal not DC so there is no "diode effect" that affects signal propagation through the conductor. Sid Caesar made a nice living as a comedian with techno babble and psycho babble as part of his routines.
He knows this isn't "rocket surgery".

BTW, the ultra high end video projectors used for shows like the Emmys. Oscars, theaters, etc all use the STOCK power cables provided by the manufacturer. The projectors are in the 250,000.00+ dollar category, not the home theater style. The signal cables are also stock coax cables from Canare, Extron, Belden etc. and they can be several hundred feet long.
They even use CAT5 and baluns for signal runs.
post #210 of 668 Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post
Also, with the potentially high voltages available at the terminals of some systems, a significant measure of safety is included as well.

Thanks
Many European audio needs the special CE speaker binding posts, if not Neutrik safe stuff. I am also amazed that $10,000 pieces of wire from Scam outfits, have no UL, no ETL, no CE nutin, the crap is built to ZERO test standards. Other than the non existent "audiophile" standards....NEMA, UL, ETL doesn't have "audiophile" in their test procedures.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page